2008 Chrysler Town & Country miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country:

2008 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Aug 112016

Town & Country

Took my Town and country in for the ignition switch recall and after they replaced the ignition switch the 2 key self programing does no work any more, , called Chrysler and they said you must take it to the dealer for key programing, I asked them how cane you do a recall and take out something that it says it will do in the manual, , the said I was out of luck, , need to pay the dealer to program and keys I have.

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

May 012016

Town & Country

After having the win module replaced due to recall the vehicle intermittently started having an issue. While driving we would loose power all gauges (RPM, mpg, fuel), start flashing all the dash lights, chiming, wipers would engage, and headlights start flashing. (all at the same time) this would randomly happen at all times day or night, in all types of weather (cold, warm, wet, dry) and at various speeds and various driving terrains(both city streets and highways). After driving at night and having headlights flashing off and on while everything lighting up and turning on and off (extremely dangerous) we left at dealership for over a week and also showed them a video that we took of the car going haywire. They however, could not diagnose problem. They said all they knew was that when this happens the vehicle is actually trying to shut itself off and that the computer was resetting itself to avoid the engine turning off. They could not tell us why this was happening or how to fix this.

- Warren, OH, USA

May 092016

Town & Country

A/C refrigerant leaking into the cabin vent

- San Jose, CA, USA

Apr 222016

Town & Country

I have received numerous recall notices and none have ever been resolved due to "parts not available" or "parts on back order" this has been going on since the first airbag issue on the passenger side recall. Why won't Chrysler fix my car?

- San Diego, CA, USA

Mar 082016

Town & Country

On 3/7/16, 3 days following the recall repair for the win module we had done on 3/4/16, after starting the car and beginning to drive in my church parking lot, all of the dash lights lit up, the car started chiming as if I didn't have my seatbelt on, the wipers engaged, and the mph and RPM gauges dropped to zero. It continually repeated. I attempted to pull into a parking space, turn off and removed key from ignition. Restarted car, and problem persisted. I repeated this again with the problem still persisting. I pulled into a gas station, turned car off, removed key, and exited vehicle. When I restarted the car the problem had stopped. Two days later on 3/8/16 I started my car for work and as soon as I put the car in reverse the same problem started. Shut the car off, removed key, and restarted... still occurring. Shut the car off, removed key, exited vehicle, restarted, still occurring... I proceeded to drive down the road after exiting my driveway and took a video of this problem repeating continually until a mile down the road, I pulled over into an empty parking lot, shut the car off, removed key, opened and shut the door, and let it sit for 3-5 minutes before restarting, and the problem no longer occurred. My husband called the dealership, greenwood auto in cortland, oh to tell them what was happening, and all they said that it wasn't from them repairing the win module. I find this extremely unsafe, and hard to believe this is just a coincidence as this has never happened before prior to having the recall repair done. I do not have pictures but I do have a video. Chrysler customer service now says I have to pay a Chrysler dealership for a diagnosis of this new problem, how convenient that is.

- Warren, OH, USA

Feb 072016

Town & Country

Vehicle shuts off while in motion on city streets going between 20 - 30 mph. The recall (R03) for this problem has been done and the shut-offs still happen. Unknown fault or problem. Several diagnostics done over the past 4 years, all to no avail. Help us!!!

- Abilene, TX, USA

Nov 292014

Town & Country

I have received (3) individual recall notices, going back to around 2014-15 concerning an "important safety recall" concerning "wireless ignition node module defects. I immediately contacted the local dealership I purchased the car from, friendship Chrysler in bristol, tn, and was told I would be placed on a waiting list. Today's date is January 23, 2016, I have since received two additional notices, but have only been told by the dealership that the part is not in and I am on a waiting list. This is a major safety issue involving a van that is typically purchased to "safely" Transport families. I think the delay is insane. Please tell me what the holdup is?

- Abingdon, VA, USA

Jun 012015

Town & Country

I have called gandred in green bay, wi several times since last summer regarding the wireless ignition node module recall. They are claiming that parts are ordered but have never been sent. If this is a recall should't the parts be available and the problem fixed?

- Green Bay, WI, USA

Jan 012015

Town & Country

I have been waiting for close to one year on my L25 recall to be fixed. The dealership has routinely told me that they don't have the parts in yet and that this has been a very chaotic and crazy process for them as well. Now I just received a second recall on R03. I'm concerned because of the safety dangers: Engine shut off and potential death!!!! I've been "rolling the dice" long enough and want this recall notice taken care of. Your company should want this taken care immediately as well to avoid pending litigation and lawsuits should something happen to your customers in the event that a recall isn't fixed in a timely matter. I need both my key fobs replaced immediately. I'm tired of waiting and worried about the potential outcome.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Jul 012015

Town & Country

I received recall notice R03/NHTSA 14V-373 - wireless ignition node module several months ago. I have continued to call for repair and there is never a part available. Jake sweeney has not made a list of customers to call for the repair, it is a first-come, first serve basis, so if I don't call on the exact day received I will not get the repair.

- Hamilton, OH, USA

Jun 032015

Town & Country

I received notice of the wireless ignition node June 2015, have went to my dealer then and August 2015, they say they do not have the part to fix it but when it comes in they will call. Now I receive another letter from fca about this issue--give the dealer the part and I could get my van fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Rock Spring, GA, USA

Jul 142015

Town & Country

Wireless ignition node module I contacted my dealer several months ago about this recall and they continue to ignore requests.

- Maplewood, MN, USA

Mar 012015

Town & Country

My minivan was involved in a recall announced in March of 2015 for ignition switch problems. I have called several dealerships in multiple states trying to get my minivan fixed and none of them have had the parts and no one can tell me when parts will be available to fix the problem. This is a recognized problem and part of a previously announced recall, but Fiat Chrysler automobiles has not provided recall parts to dealerships or updated anyone about the progress of the recall. It has been almost one year since the recall was announced with no progress on my vehicle.

- Asheville, NC, USA

Sep 202015

Transmission keeps on slipping

- Terre Haute, IN, USA

Oct 142014

Town & Country

Engine shut off when car was in motion because the fobik slipped into accessory mode on two different occasions. Local Chrysler dealership (cross motors louisville, ky) claims to be unable to get parts from Chrysler Corp.

- Jeffersonville, IN, USA

Nov 072015

Town & Country

I received a recall notice about the wireless ignition node (win) and problem with the fobik. I have contact local dealers and they do not have the part and it is on back-order and unknown when it will be in. This has been the case for several months and this is a very dangerous situation and leaving us with little options.

- Clive, IA, USA

May 292015

Town & Country

I received a recall notice for my 2008 Chrysler Town and country back in may of 2015. The recall number is R03 and has to do with the wireless ignition node module. I have been on a "waiting list" with my local Chrysler dealership in titusville fl for months and every time I call I am still "number 6 on the waiting list". I am concerned for the safety of myself and my family. It is not logical that the dealership has receive zero parts for this important recall in all these months. Please assist.

- Titusville, FL, USA

Jun 032015

Town & Country

I called two different local dealers to perform repairs for recall R03 & L25. After 3 months, these repairs have still not been completed. When I call to get an update, or an estimated wait time, I'm told that it will get done when it gets done. It seems to me that these dealers have no intention of completing these repairs.

- Knoxville , TN, USA

Sep 012015

Town & Country

This is now the fourth time the rear shocks have failed.

- Washington, DC, USA

Dec 052014

Town & Country

Starting in Dec. 2014 my vehicle would not start, it just clicked and clicked but would not start. The dealer said the wire harness needed replaced but they only spliced the cable and replaced the battery terminals which did not fix the problem and later both cables spliced melted. The starter had to be replaced but still had the starting problem, start sometimes or would click, click, click however many times until it started. It has been into the dealer 4 times and still going back again after replacing the ignition switch and finally putting in a new harness August 17, 2015, had it back one day and 35 clicks later it started; will be taking back to the dealer next week to continue searching for why it keeps doing this. I fear that it will just turn off and stop in the street again as it did Aug. 5, 2015, that was so scary! I have seen forums online that has person after person complaining of the same problem. That is why I decided to write a compliant here. Before all of this at the dealer it would not start so put in a new battery but it did not fix the problem. Intermittent problems make it so hard to know when it will happen or not.

- Queen Creek, AZ, USA