2009 Chrysler Town & Country accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chrysler Town & Country:

2009 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Sep 282013

Town & Country

While driving about 30mph in my neighborhood, all of a sudden, my van's horn started honking, the wind shield blades began wiping very quickly and water was spraying over the windshield. Also, the automatic locks were going up and down and the car lights and blinkers were flashing on and off uncontrollably. It was very scary! I stopped the car and shut off the engine, but everything continued. Luckily I was not far from home and was able to carefully drive it there. Once in the driveway, the only way to get the car to quit was to disconnect the battery. Waiting on repair report.

- Houston, TX, USA

Apr 122011

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2009 Chrysler Town and country. While driving approximately 55 mph the rear driver's side sliding door involuntarily opened. As the contact began to pull over the door closed involuntarily. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer to have the failure diagnosed and it was not repaired. The failure and current mileages were 38,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Greencastle, IN, USA

Oct 192010

Town & Country

After parking and locking the vehicle, when I come back to it sometimes the side doors or rear door are open. This has happened more than once in a parking garage at work, in my garage at home, and when the vehicle is parked on the street. On one occasion, the driver's side sliding door was found open by police in the parking lot of a hotel where I was staying. On two occasions I've found the vehicle's engine running when it was parked inside my closed garage at home. The doors can be opened remotely or the engine started remotely with two successive presses on the appropriate button on the key fob, but I often come back to the van and find these doors open when I have been too far away from the vehicle to activate it with the key fob. Because it takes two successive presses within seconds on a single button to open a door with the key fob, the key fob is not likely the problem. I would like this fixed, but in the interim, I want to disable the ability to open the doors or start the engine remotely until such time as a fix can be found.

- Brandon, MS, USA