1.8

2009 Chrysler Town & Country electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chrysler Town & Country:

2009 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Nov 012013

Town & Country

I received a recall for frequency operated button ignition key (fobik), recall L125. I have called my dealer numerous time and they keep telling me that the part has been on back order and not created yet for this recall for my make and model. I called Chrysler group recall assistance and they cannot tell me when the part will be available. I have had issues with this car stopping in the middle of the road, especially in rough roads, over rr tracks, etc because the key moves to the accessory mode from the on position. I've dealt with this "stalling" issue with this car for over a year, have even taken it into the dealer and spent "hundreds" on "tuning it up and they keep telling me to bring it in again and let them "look" at it, yet they keep telling me the part is not available. Why is this part not available? I know other family members with other types of cars have had theirs replaced long ago. What recourse do I have!

- Middleburg Hts, OH, USA