2.4

2009 Chrysler Town & Country steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chrysler Town & Country:

2009 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 102009

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2009 Chrysler Town and country. The contact was driving 35 mph when he noticed that the steering was off and causing the vehicle to pull from side to side. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where an alignment was performed but did not correct the failure. The manufacturer was contacted but provided no assistance to the contact. The failure mileage was 18,000 and the current mileage was 40,000.

- Muskegon , MI, USA

Jan 072012

Town & Country

My 2009 Chrysler Town and country 4 liter engine stopped dead 3/4 mile after leaving home in the morning. I was doing 15 mph at the time. Everything stopped working, I.e., the power steering was unmovable and the power brakes were non-responsive. Because it happened in a curve, I ended up in the oncoming lane on a single lane road. Luckily there was no car in that lane. In addition, the heating and cooling system and the radio also stopped. The dashboard went dark. There was total silence. After about 45 seconds I restarted the car with no problems. I drove the car to the nearest Chrysler dealer whose service advisor asked whether or not a check engine light came on after the event so that he could get the failure code. The light did not come on. The dealer's service advisor said that he could not fix the problem without the failure code. I have driven the minivan for the last 10 days with no problems. Now I am uncertain if and when this event will happen again and am concerned about my safety in the future.

- Fairfax Station, VA, USA

Jun 012009

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the vehicle would intermittently pull towards the right while driving at various speeds. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer to be aligned at least seven times, but the failure continued. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and informed the contact that the vehicle was operating within specifications. The failure mileage was 1,700. The consumer also stated there was an issue with the brake calipers and its related components. The guide pins on the caliper was corroded which caused the brakes to drag, and in turn caused overheating conditions. Also, the tire, aluminum wheel, pads, wheel bearings, ABS, fluids, seals, hoses and other rubber type items not limited to mounting to grommets and other chassis components failed. Updated evoq 10/24/12...updated 05/22/13 updated 05/30/2013

- Muskegon, MI, USA

Sep 112011

Town & Country 6-cyl

While I am driving down the road, the van looses steering, brakes and acceleration. It's as if it completely shuts down. I put the car in park, turn it off and restart it and it seems to be ok. This has happened 4 times with the van, once with my husband, twice with me and once with the dealership. The last time it happened to me I had 5 children in the car and was traveling 35 mph in the left hand lane of a busy street. Luckily, I was not rear ended! the dealership had "fixed" the van a week earlier by replacing the wireless ignition module. I immediately returned it the dealership after the last incident. They have had it for 3 weeks and can't duplicate the event again. Chrysler called us on Friday and stated that we have to pick up the car because the can not find anything wrong with it. I'm terrified to drive the car, especially with my children. I drive the car multiple times each week on a highway and can only imagine the outcome if this happened on a highway as opposed to a city street.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Jul 272011

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2009 Chrysler Town & Country. The contact was driving 65 mph when the brakes were applied and the steering wheel began to jerk abnormally. In addition, the vehicle would not change gears. The contact also mentioned that the brake warning lamp was illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was not able to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included in any recalls. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was unknown and current mileage was 50,636.

- Loma Linda , CA, USA

Feb 242010

Town & Country

The are are many issues that I have faced with my 2009 Chrysler Town and country touring (25th anniv. Edition). First are the brakes which make this metal on metal sound after 6,000 miles; the transmission is always slipping and you can feel it big time while driving, whether its down shifting or shifting up. The steering makes way too much noise. Dealer has said nothing is wrong with transmission, but you can definitely feel it. Online forums people have complained about having the same problem with all three. Take a look at it! the transmission is always slipping and steering is very frequent almost every day.

- Brentwood, TN, USA