2009 Chrysler Town & Country wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chrysler Town & Country:

2009 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 202012

Town & Country 6-cyl

On 1-20-2012 the dash board indicated that the two rear tires needed air. I filled up the driver rear tire and then as soon as the nozzle was placed on the valve stem of the rear passenger tire, the stem broke and the tire went flat. The spare tire was placed on the rear passenger tire. As I walked around rear of the vehicle, I noticed that the other rear tire which I had just filled was flat. I placed air in the tire and headed out.. I needed to stop another four times to fill that tire before reaching my destination. I contacted golling Chrysler on telegraph road in bloomfield hills, mi. I spoke with the service person, adam, the problem was fixed it in about an hour and a half. My daughter advised me that her father-in-law had a similar problem with the valve stems on his chysler vehicle. I asked adam about the valve stems on the two front tires. He indicated that those stems were checked and there were no problems with them. I asked him if there were others were having similar problems with the valve stems. He indicated that they were having problems with them. I then asked him if chrylser was having problems with the stems why the other two stems had not been replaced. He advised that Chrysler has indicated that good stems should not be replaced. I asked if he would guarantee those two stems and he indicated he would not because of the problems they were having. I am not complaining about the service I received but think that the problem is known and Chrysler does not want to fix the problems with the other stems. I can deal with one flat tire but not two at one time. I believe that Chrysler, if it is having a problem with the valve stems should fix the problem to the satisfacion of the customer.

- Grosse Pointe Farms, MI, USA

Jan 122012

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2009 Chrysler Town and country. While driving approximately 50 mph, the contact noticed that the tire pressure warning light was illuminated. The contact inspected the vehicle and noticed that the valve stem on the rear passenger side wheel was corroded. The vehicle was taken to a tire shop. The technician stated to the contact that the valve stem would have to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 49,000.

- Ponca City, OK, USA

Jun 012009

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the vehicle would intermittently pull towards the right while driving at various speeds. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer to be aligned at least seven times, but the failure continued. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and informed the contact that the vehicle was operating within specifications. The failure mileage was 1,700. The consumer also stated there was an issue with the brake calipers and its related components. The guide pins on the caliper was corroded which caused the brakes to drag, and in turn caused overheating conditions. Also, the tire, aluminum wheel, pads, wheel bearings, ABS, fluids, seals, hoses and other rubber type items not limited to mounting to grommets and other chassis components failed. Updated evoq 10/24/12...updated 05/22/13 updated 05/30/2013

- Muskegon, MI, USA

Oct 052011

Town & Country 6-cyl

Sometime in the beginning of October 2011 while checking/ adjusting the air pressure in my tires the rh front valve stem snapped off just below where the valve core threads in causing a complete loss of pressure. This seemed like a fluke problem, so the stem was replaced at my own cost. Today, 12/1/2011, while checking/ adjusting the air pressure again the rh rear valve stem snapped off just like the previous one did approx. 2 months ago. Some fluke occurrence? not twice. Once again the part was replaced at my own cost/ time so we weren't down a vehicle. In my opinion it appears that the metal valve stems for the TPMS are made of a faulty grade metal, and or the valve cores were over torqued, causing a fracture/ stress crack in the stem. After doing some research on the internet this seems to be quite a problem with at least several hundred Dodge/ Chrysler owners. In a way this makes me feel better being it's not just me that this is happening to, but it's definitely not an isolated incident. Now I still have two tires that have not had this problem yet, but when time allows I will be replacing all the valve stems with rubber ones and just dealing with the TPMS idiot light being on in the dash. So much for new/ easier to use technology! this wont cause an issue with me, living in Michigan because we don't have vehicle inspections, but there are several states that will fail an inspection if the TPMS light is on. In closing, luckily these valve stems failed while servicing the vehicle, and not driving down the road at 55+ mph, otherwise the results might not have been the same. I've worked in quality control for the automotive manufacturing industry for 20+ years producing and inspecting tight tolerance/ safety related parts, and feel that this really needs to be looked into further. It is a definite safety concern.

- Hillsdale, MI, USA

Sep 262011

Town & Country 6-cyl

While driving I first experienced premature tire wear and when I bought 4 new tires ($650 dollars) later, I noticed that there was a loud humming noise. I returned to the tire dealer and they replaced all four tires with a better tire but the noise continued. I then took my vehicle to the car dealer and they explained that I needed new brake pads, rotors and my wheel bearings needed to be replaced! what a shock! with only 31,000 miles, I needed all of this to be repaired.

- Chesterfield, MI, USA

Aug 162011

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2009 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while attempting to add air to the rear drivers tire, he noticed that the metal valve stem was corroded and disintegrated. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer and the contact was informed that the valve stem needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 41,000.

- Blooming Grove, NY, USA