2010 Chrysler Town & Country brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Town & Country:

2010 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Dec 232014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine shutoff without any warning! I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My whole family was with me. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me.

Oct 052014

Town & Country 6-cyl

As I was driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine shutoff on a main street. I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and I glided over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My kids were with me. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me.

Aug 192014

Town & Country 6-cyl

As I was driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine shutoff on a main street. I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not drive as the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and glided over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My kids were with me. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me.

Jul 052014

Town & Country 6-cyl

As I was driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine shutoff with no warning. I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My kids were with me. We could have been severely injured if the cars behind me had hit me.

Jun 112014

Town & Country 6-cyl

As I was driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine shutoff on a main street. I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My kids were with me. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me.

May 292014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan and the engine shutoff without any warning! I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My kids were with me. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me.

Apr 032014

Mar 252014

Town & Country 6-cyl

I was driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan on the way down to orlando, Florida and the engine completely shutoff without any warning. I almost got hit by multiple cars on the interstate as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My whole family was with me. We could all have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me.**this is ridiculous! a serious safety issue!**

Mar 032014

Town & Country 6-cyl

As I was driving to work my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine completely shutoff on a main street! I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. I could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me. **this is a huge safety issue**

Jan 202014

Town & Country 6-cyl

As I was driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine just shutoff without any warning on a main street. I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. My kids were with me. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me.

Oct 192013

Town & Country 6-cyl

Driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine shutoff on a Chicago interstate. I almost got hit by multiple cars behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My kids were with me. We could have been serously injured if the case behind me had hit me.

Aug 212013

Town & Country 6-cyl

As I was driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan on a busy road the engine shutoff. I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could no longer drive since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My kids were with me. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me.

Jul 052013

Town & Country 6-cyl

As I was driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine shutoff on the interstate. I almost got hit by the multiple cars behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My whole family was with me. We could have been severely injured!

Mar 052013

Feb 022015

Town & Country 6-cyl

We were driving at about 20-25 mph, and the car stalled in the street and the electronic stability control light came on. We put the vehicle in park, and re-started the van. The van worked fine for about three days and did it again. It has done this a total of 5 times in the last month.

- Buckley, WA, USA

Oct 012014

Town & Country

On several occasions our Chrysler Town & Country 2010 has had power failure. A stability control light comes on, and then the power steering fails. It becomes difficult to steer the van, the speed of the car rapidly declines, and if I push on the gas pedal there is no change in speed, I have to press very hard on the brake, and there is resistance, to bring the van to a complete stop. After the van comes to a complete stop, we can restart the van by placing it in park, and restarting the ignition. This power failure happens at random times, and we are unable to predict when it will occur or where it will occur.

- Manassas, VA, USA

Feb 122014

Town & Country

We have had several issues that vehicle will not start. Key turns but ignition seems to not acknowledge and fails to start vehicle. Happened even on a ferry one day. So far, no towing has been necessary. Very worried that if its an ignition issues, what if while driving it fails to keep car moving? we drive a lot of miles to and from fl and it is very concerning. My local mechanics cannot find any issues and I feel Chrysler has not addressed properly.

- Granite City, IL, USA

Jul 012014

Town & Country 6-cyl

In trying to find out what was causing my windshield washers to not work, after four visits to the dealer, it was determined that the tip module was bad. (probably causing other problems that I had not checked about). The part is going to cost $850 and is not available due to the inability of the manufacturer to supply the parts fast enough because of the high demand. This car only has 13,000 miles but is four years old so out of warranty. I think due to the large incidence of failure of this part, there should be some compensation or recall information.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jan 202014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Pavement was wet and went to stop quickly. ABS was enabled for a few seconds then the system shorted, leaving only standard brakes. The ABS light, traction control and engine lights came one. The ABS system would no longer function. Traction control would not function. This was very evident on ice. Speedometer would not read out. The speedometer would be at zero then when driven the vehicle would ding about every 5 minutes and speedometer would go up and down to zero again. The engine and transmission would not shift correctly. It would always seem to drive in a higher gear. The odometer would no longer function. The electric van doors would not work when the vehicle was running. They would work when vehicle was off. Took van to dealer for repair. The ABS control module was faulty and had corrosion on the connections which needed to be replaced. The van was absolutely worthless until this was replaced which cost $850.

- Casco, MI, USA

May 052014

Town & Country 6-cyl

I was coming home from work and when I parked in the driveway, put the car in park, turned the key off the key would not go into the off position and I couldn't get the key out. I had to start the car 3 or 4 times, take it out of park and put it back in park again. Finally on the 3rd or 4th try the ignition switch worked. It has been happening more frequently since May.

- Apopka, FL, USA