7.8

1. replace the rotors (5 reports)
  3. dealer will not budge (1 reports)
  4. i have solution but its a pain and costly (1 reports)
  5. replace calipers (1 reports)
2010 Chrysler Town & Country brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Town & Country:

2010 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Sep 052011

Town & Country Limited 4.0L V6

In April 2010 I bought my 2010 Limited (fully loaded) T & C Chrysler. It has been trouble since the day I bought it. I've had the brakes replaced 3 times. This is not acceptable and I feel it's downright dangerous. To this day the brakes squeal and grind. After the first repair, black stuff (findings) came off the brakes and onto the wheel, hub cap, tire, whee well and car. I've had the rotors, capilars, pads and whatever else replaced. I can't get the dealer to say there is anything wrong with my brakes. I'm really disappointed in the way the quality of this Chrysler. I thought I was buying a fully loaded luxury vehicle to take my Grandchildren on vacation. Instead, I've had to rent a vehicle to safely take them anywhere.

- , Seattle, WA, USA

Jun 202013

Town & Country Touring 3.8L

To fix problem without changing rotors every time you change the oil change and both sets of brakes. It saves the money on mechanic and rotors. Its a pain but it works for me. I bought the van and two days later I had to have the brakes replaced.

- , Hebron, IN, USA

Sep 022013

Town & Country Touring Plus V6

Since day 1 the purchase of the vehicle in question, we have had problems, Chrysler sold us a LEMON, still dealing with premature wear on front, rear rotors and pads.

- , Wantagh, NY, USA

May 012012

Town & Country Limited 4.0L

At 14K miles brakes already stated acting up and they replaced the front rotors. We had to pay $50 for this. At 27K miles front rotors needed replacing again, they asked $100 for it. Was able to get them to do it for free. But then they said the brake pads also need replacing. $100 for front and $240 for the back. Chrysler gave a extended warranty discount for the front so it was 'only' $100. They wont provide warranty for the back brakes.

Never had a car that had such poor braking system or horrible support from the manufacture.

They should replace and fix front and back brake pads and rotors and put in items that will last like any other car does.

Olaf

- , Redmond, WA, USA

Jun 292013

Town & Country Limited

Now my van has a loud squealing sound coming from the left rear rotor. We pulled over last night and our rotor was glowing. My dad is a mechanic so I called him. He said more than likely it is the caliper that is bad. I am so disappointed with this purchase. We bought this van brand new and this is the 3rd issue we have had with the rotors. I will not spend my money on this company ever again.

- , Brandywine, WV, USA

Apr 222013

Town & Country

The brake pads were replaced three times and the rotors once. Before anyone realized it was the calipers.The calipers still work but not the way they were intended causing the premature wear. Chrysler is aware that these are a problem they issued a service bulletin but pads and rotors aren't covered under warranty. The calipers would be under some warranties if they realize the problem before it runs out. So very expensive to me as the consumer, but not costly to Chrysler.

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA

Aug 012012

Town & Country Limited 4.0L

Same problem as everyone else. Bought the van 3 weeks ago, packed up the stuff and kids to go on holidays and as we're leaving the city the brakes start squealing (when I release the brake). Got out, the rim is HOT and there's brake dust everywhere.

Took it back to the dealer .... $500 later rear rotors and pads replaced. Dealer say warranty doesn't cover it. Says he sees 30-40 of these per week and shrugs his shoulders and tells me he knows what I'm going through because he had a Dodge van! Gee thanks! Why not tell that to Chrysler.

Would love to know if there's a solution to this problem other than replacing brakes every year.

- , Calgary, Alberta, canada

Feb 012012

Town & Country LX 3.2lV6

I have a 2010 Chrysler Town N Country that is experiencing brake issues. This seems to be a common issue on Chrysler based on my research in past few days. Looks like Chrysler recognized the problem and hence they sent letter for our 2010 minivan is that offering extension on the warranty period on the front pads and rotors because some of the minivans may need pads and rotors replaced earlier than expected. I had to change my front rotors and pads.

Today I took my van to Chrysler brakes inspected per the letter. According to the extended warranty letter I would have to pay a $50 deductible if the car has between 12,000 and 24,000 miles or a $100 deductible if the car has between 24,000 and 36,000 miles. Dealer stated that I would have to pay the $100 deductible even though I had this issue at 23,000 miles. In addition to this Dealer informed me similar problem on the read brakes as well that is not covered under this extended warranty. I would have to pay $450 for a read brakes. Chrysler’s poor quality part leading to additional expense to me.

Chrysler need to get better quality rotors and brakes and also offer existing customer free replacements.

- , Houston, TX, USA

Jun 012011

Town & Country LX 3.2L V6

Typical Chrysler, horrible quality yet the customer pays

I have a 2010 Chrysler Town N Country that is experiencing brake issues. This seems to be a common issue on Chrysler/Dodge minivans as I have leased (36 month leases) four others in the past that also had quick wear on the front brakes. I always hear the Chrysler service employees say “this is due to city miles” which has become the usual excuse for the poor quality of the brakes. Chrysler front brakes seem to last no more than 16 months from my experience. The difference on our 2010 minivan is that we received a letter from Chrysler for an extension on the warranty period on the front pads and rotors because some of the minivans may need pads and rotors replaced earlier than expected. As usual I had to change my front pads at 16,000 miles and now at 27,000 miles I have never heard brakes grind as loud as ours do. It’s embarrassing driving the van due to the grinding issue. The pads don’t look that worn out so it must be the rotors.

Today I took my van to Chrysler Taylor Jeep to have the front brakes inspected per the letter. According to the extended warranty letter I would have to pay a $50 deductible if the car has between 12,000 and 24,000 miles or a $100 deductible if the car has between 24,000 and 36,000 miles. Of course since my van has 27,000 miles I was told by Service (and Customer Service after complaining) that I would have to pay the $100 deductible even though I had this issue at 16,000 miles. In addition to the deductible I would have to pay $60 for a diagnostic check to see if the brakes have an issue. So that’s $160 out of pocket to have Chrysler’s poor quality part fixed. I can buy new rotors and get replacement pads for around $110 at Auto Zone. I told them this and they basically told me it’s my decision and there is nothing they can do about the $160 cost. What a joke but I expected this. Can someone explain to me why the customer should be responsible for this cost due to poor quality? I believe they only care about potential new customers and they could care less about past customers. Their concern is sales and not quality. Is Customer Satisfaction even in their vocabulary?

In addition to the front brake issue I had to change the rear brakes at 15,000 miles due to a very loud and embarrassing whistling sound for completely worn out brakes. Once again the whistling sound has started again at 27,000. I have owned or leased 10 past Chrysler/Dodge vehicles including four heavy vehicles (2 SUVs and 4 minivans) and I have never had to change the rear pads on any vehicle in the past. If I have the Chrysler dealership perform a diagnostic check on the rear brakes that would probably cost me another inspection fee ($60) and with labor and parts, that wouldn’t be covered under warranty, another couple hundred dollars.

I am very disappointed with Chrysler’s quality and customer service and I will consider another car maker on our next purchase even though we are eligible for the Chrysler employee discount.

Regards, Very Disappointed Customer

- , Allen Park, MI, USA

Aug 102011

Town & Country Limited

I am very upset at the fact that I have to pay $100 to replace something on a car that only is a year old! They said it was under extended warranty but still had to pay $100! I had the car in a couple months ago because of the brakes shaking, got the car back and had to go out of town to WV, which has very hilly and curvy roads, only to find out they had only done an oil change and nothing to the brakes!! It was miserable and very unsafe when we had to brake! I had to call the dealership while driving to see why the brakes were not fixed and an oil change was done which was done a month prior and I never said anything about wanting the oil changed, ONLY THE BRAKES!!!!! I have 4 kids, 2 are still in car seats!! It is a pain in the ass to have to keep taking the seats in and out of the car each time I have to take the car in!! Yesterday they had my car all day and I still have not heard from them today! Getting ready to call them this morning!! I have more complaints about this car it is ridiculous!

- , Butler, OH, USA