2010 Chrysler Town & Country electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Town & Country:

2010 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 25 of 38)

May 012015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle suddenly shut off. After restarting the engine, the vehicle operated normally. The dealer diagnosed that the ignition switch was faulty and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 93,000.

- Hemstead, NY, USA

May 212015

Town & Country

I was driving down the road and the van stalled as I was driving. I had no power steering, no power brakes, etc. Luckily there was no one behind me and was able to muscle the van to the side of the road. This is the 3rd time this has happened to my wife and I in the last month. We have not had this issue before. After I parked the car, I was able to restart the engine and drive it. Upon further investigation while driving I noted that I could turn the key fob from the "on" position to the "acc" position as I was driving with very little effort! I did some research and found that there is a recall for 2010 T&cs for ignition switch issues similar to mine. When I called Chrysler, however, they informed me that my 2010 was not covered under the L25 recall. Please help. This is obviously extremely dangerous and I have to drive my 2 kids and my pregnant wife in this thing.

- West Bloomfield, MI, USA

Aug 042014

Town & Country

Van was parked in driveway when smoke was witnessed coming out of the window. When door was opened, it revealed an open flame near the rear quarter vent window switch. Fortunately, damage by the flame was minimal. The switch practically melted. A second witness quickly pulled out the switch and cut the wire to stop the shorted circuit. This event occurred around August 2014. The dealership was notified of the need to replace the part. As of the time of this posting on May 20, 2015, Chrysler has not replaced the part despite the recall issued sometime around June 2014. A call to Chrysler revealed that it is unlikely any dealership has the part. This is, by far, an unreasonable time to remedy the problem which still is uncertain of a repair date.

- Thompson's Station, TN, USA

Jul 152014

Town & Country

While driving approx 15-20 mph the van stalled without warning. This happens atleast 1X month, private mechanic cannot figure out the problem or duplicate it.

- Baldwin, NY, USA

Jan 202015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V345000 (electrical system) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable amount of time. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Akron , OH, USA

Mar 152015

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving 40 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who was unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 49,000. Updated 7/1/15 the dealer replaced the win module. Updated 07/09/15

- New Brighton, MN, USA

Jan 262013

Town & Country 6-cyl

The car was warming up, in park, while I got my husband into the passenger side. Moments later, our dr appointment was canceled so I told my husband to turn the car engine off and give me the keys so I could get him back into the house without having to go to the driver's side. When he turned the engine off and handed me the keys, the car jumped into reverse. With the passenger door opened I tried physically to stop it. My fingers became impaled in a 4X4 post. My husband pushed the shifter straight up into park and the car stopped. I had my phone in my pocket and called a neighbor to back the car up to release my fingers. I needed 13 stitches between two fingers. I can't remember the exact date in Jan 2013 so had to fill in an incorrect day number so that the form would accept the year and month. My husband was in a wheelchair at the time and life was hard. However, I called the dealership in salisbury, md where the car had been purchased and told them what happened. I am sure they never reported this and now that I have found this form, I decided to make an official report. I have also had numerous electrical problems with my car that the dealership could never find. They finally found a short but it was not until my car was acting crazily by the time I got it to the dealership. I don't know what failed so I put down electrical because I have had nothing but problems with the electrical system from the sliding doors found open upon my return to the windshield wipers going on and the car dashboard lighting up and slowing down--that is when the dealership finally found a short. After that, I became paranoid and the back seats wouldn't go into the stow position but it was because I had some trash that I couldn't see that obstructed the seats from going into the stow position.

- Ocean View, DE, USA

May 082015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving approximately 20 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure and the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system). The failure mileage was 20,000.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Apr 092015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. After restarting, the vehicle resumed normal operation. The failure recurred four times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was excluded from NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system). The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 82,000.

- Raymond, ME, USA

May 072014

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.....updated 07/22/15 updated 9/22/2015

- Downers, IL, USA

Nov 122014

Town & Country 6-cyl

All of a sudden the buttons on the driver door that controls everything stopped working. It's hard to position the mirrors an is hard to see out of them because I can't control them with the nine working buttons an have to do it manually outside of the vehicle since the window won't go down either. I have been trying to get this recall fixed an have my name in at a couple places that say they are waiting for parts to come in from Chrysler. It's been almost a year maybe now an I still have not heard anything from anyone on getting this recall fixed. I'm very frustrated with this whole recall situation.

- Fort Wayne , IN, USA

Apr 302015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving 10 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The dealer stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system). The failure mileage was not available.

- Alexandria , VA, USA

Oct 012014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system). The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician disconnected the window switch as a temporary remedy due to the part not being available to repair the vehicle. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Poland, OH, USA

Mar 012014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving at 25 mph, the vehicle stalled. The driver was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The contact was aware of NHTSA campaign number: 11V139000 (electrical system) however, the VIN was not included. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Uxbridge, MA, USA

Sep 222014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the key became stuck in the ignition. The vehicle was towed to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the battery had failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, however, the failure recurred. Also, the contact stated that when the vehicle was parked the hatch opened and closed without warning. The failure recurred on several occasions. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 57,406.

- Freeland, MI, USA

Apr 072015

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving at 55 mph, the engine stalled. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 94,000. Updated 6/8/15

- Romeo, MI, USA

Jan 012015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving at 25 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, who was unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The contact was made aware of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system, air bags) but the VIN was not included. The failure mileage was 38,000.

- Westfield, NJ, USA

Apr 212015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Mar 142015

Town & Country 6-cyl

I was preparing to leave home on the morning of March 14, 2015. I backed the car out of the garage and just as I was about to pull forward there was smoking coming from the front passenger side of the hood. The vehicle had barely warmed up, there were no warning lights illuminated so I exit the vehicle to see what's happening. Just as I left the hood about two inches, there is a fire in the rear of the engine cabin with sparks from it. I immediately backed away from the car and within minutes the entire engine compartment was engulfed in flames. The eastpointe, mi fire department came out and ruled the fire an electrical fire. This fire could have killed me as there were no warnings just fire and spontaneous combustion should not occur on a vehicle five years old. This is the vehicle I transported my five kids in and had this occurred on the freeway we were heading for death or injury would have been eminent. I am now afraid that others are at similar if not worse risk. Shame on Chrysler for marketing a family vehicle with such significant risk of death or injury.

- Eastpointe, MI, USA

Jun 022014

Town & Country 6-cyl

On numerous occasions, as the car is parked, the front windows go down, the sliding doors sometimes open, the lights come on, often the locks fail and the drivers side front window won't go back up. Occasionally, the car starts up or the hatchback goes up. These incidents are numerous and have been happening off and on for over a year.at times, the car will not start unless it is jumped. It appears to be a tipm related problem.

- Dayton, OH, USA