2010 Chrysler Town & Country electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Town & Country:

2010 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 25 of 38)

Nov 042014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle would suddenly shut off. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed. In June of 2015, a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system) was received. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The failure mileage was 60,000. Updated 7/29/15

- Gary , IN, USA

Apr 142015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start once the key was placed in the ignition. After several attempts, the vehicle was able to start. The failure recurred multiple times. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system); however, the part was unavailable to perform the repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Compton, CA, USA

Dec 312014

Town & Country

My vehicle has been subjected to the NHTSA 14V-234 recall for the rear quarter vent window switch since the end of 2014. Both my local deal and Chrysler have been unable to provide replacement parts to repair the vehicle for five months. My local dealer has no timeline on when parts will be available. Per the letter I received, I am filing a written complaint because Chrysler has been unable to remedy this defect within a reasonable time.

- Fishers, IN, USA

May 292015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. In addition, the engine stalled numerous times. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Crowley, TX, USA

May 292015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- South Bend, IN, USA

Sep 152014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While in park, the vehicle failed to start. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The contact was unsure about the part that needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer who was unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system), but the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 58,000.

- Haslet , TX, USA

Jul 212014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Westport Village, TX, USA

Feb 152015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the vehicle was able to start after several attempts. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was previously serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 11V139000 (electrical system); however, the failure occurred after the vehicle was serviced under the recall. The vehicle was taken to the dealer on two separate occasions and they were unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 62,000.

- San Jose, CA, USA

May 012015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle suddenly shut off. After restarting the engine, the vehicle operated normally. The dealer diagnosed that the ignition switch was faulty and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 93,000.

- Hemstead, NY, USA

May 212015

Town & Country

I was driving down the road and the van stalled as I was driving. I had no power steering, no power brakes, etc. Luckily there was no one behind me and was able to muscle the van to the side of the road. This is the 3rd time this has happened to my wife and I in the last month. We have not had this issue before. After I parked the car, I was able to restart the engine and drive it. Upon further investigation while driving I noted that I could turn the key fob from the "on" position to the "acc" position as I was driving with very little effort! I did some research and found that there is a recall for 2010 T&cs for ignition switch issues similar to mine. When I called Chrysler, however, they informed me that my 2010 was not covered under the L25 recall. Please help. This is obviously extremely dangerous and I have to drive my 2 kids and my pregnant wife in this thing.

- West Bloomfield, MI, USA

Aug 042014

Town & Country

Van was parked in driveway when smoke was witnessed coming out of the window. When door was opened, it revealed an open flame near the rear quarter vent window switch. Fortunately, damage by the flame was minimal. The switch practically melted. A second witness quickly pulled out the switch and cut the wire to stop the shorted circuit. This event occurred around August 2014. The dealership was notified of the need to replace the part. As of the time of this posting on May 20, 2015, Chrysler has not replaced the part despite the recall issued sometime around June 2014. A call to Chrysler revealed that it is unlikely any dealership has the part. This is, by far, an unreasonable time to remedy the problem which still is uncertain of a repair date.

- Thompson's Station, TN, USA

Jul 152014

Town & Country

While driving approx 15-20 mph the van stalled without warning. This happens atleast 1X month, private mechanic cannot figure out the problem or duplicate it.

- Baldwin, NY, USA

Jan 202015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V345000 (electrical system) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable amount of time. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Akron , OH, USA

Mar 152015

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving 40 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who was unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 49,000. Updated 7/1/15 the dealer replaced the win module. Updated 07/09/15

- New Brighton, MN, USA

Jan 262013

Town & Country 6-cyl

The car was warming up, in park, while I got my husband into the passenger side. Moments later, our dr appointment was canceled so I told my husband to turn the car engine off and give me the keys so I could get him back into the house without having to go to the driver's side. When he turned the engine off and handed me the keys, the car jumped into reverse. With the passenger door opened I tried physically to stop it. My fingers became impaled in a 4X4 post. My husband pushed the shifter straight up into park and the car stopped. I had my phone in my pocket and called a neighbor to back the car up to release my fingers. I needed 13 stitches between two fingers. I can't remember the exact date in Jan 2013 so had to fill in an incorrect day number so that the form would accept the year and month. My husband was in a wheelchair at the time and life was hard. However, I called the dealership in salisbury, md where the car had been purchased and told them what happened. I am sure they never reported this and now that I have found this form, I decided to make an official report. I have also had numerous electrical problems with my car that the dealership could never find. They finally found a short but it was not until my car was acting crazily by the time I got it to the dealership. I don't know what failed so I put down electrical because I have had nothing but problems with the electrical system from the sliding doors found open upon my return to the windshield wipers going on and the car dashboard lighting up and slowing down--that is when the dealership finally found a short. After that, I became paranoid and the back seats wouldn't go into the stow position but it was because I had some trash that I couldn't see that obstructed the seats from going into the stow position.

- Ocean View, DE, USA

May 082015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving approximately 20 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure and the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system). The failure mileage was 20,000.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Apr 092015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. After restarting, the vehicle resumed normal operation. The failure recurred four times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was excluded from NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system). The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 82,000.

- Raymond, ME, USA

May 072014

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.....updated 07/22/15 updated 9/22/2015

- Downers, IL, USA

Nov 122014

Town & Country 6-cyl

All of a sudden the buttons on the driver door that controls everything stopped working. It's hard to position the mirrors an is hard to see out of them because I can't control them with the nine working buttons an have to do it manually outside of the vehicle since the window won't go down either. I have been trying to get this recall fixed an have my name in at a couple places that say they are waiting for parts to come in from Chrysler. It's been almost a year maybe now an I still have not heard anything from anyone on getting this recall fixed. I'm very frustrated with this whole recall situation.

- Fort Wayne , IN, USA

Apr 302015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving 10 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The dealer stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system). The failure mileage was not available.

- Alexandria , VA, USA