2010 Chrysler Town & Country electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Town & Country:

2010 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 31 of 37)

Sep 212013

Town & Country 6-cyl

Engine stall has occurred for our vehicle 5 times in the past year. Dealership indicates that this vehicle is not included in the ignition switch recall. All incidents have occurred on city streets with no rough terrain or jostling of the keys. Car loses power steering and braking, would be extremely hazardous at higher speeds. Restarted each time without difficulty. Date of manufacture: 4/10 made in Canada

- Moorhead, MN, USA

Sep 042014

Town & Country 6-cyl

I was driving down the road with my family on a 25 mph road (thankfully not on the freeway) when the headlights went out. All of the dash lights were still on and the parking lights outside of the vehicle were still on as normal, but no headlights. We pulled over and figured we could drive home with just the fog lights on. Now when I try turning on the headlights, they will flash a couple of times and then stay off. Same thing happens when I try turning the brights on. I have tried taking the battery out for a few hours and charging it, then putting it back in, but it didn't help. I've tried replacing the headlight switch in the dash, but that didn't help either. I've looked for loose wires, but I can't find any. The only thing left that I can think of is taking it to the dealer and getting the tipm replaced, but apparently they are all on backorder.

- Pleasant Grove, UT, USA

Aug 252014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was able to restart after numerous attempts. The failure occurred on several occasions. The dealer was unable to duplicate the failure. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V370000 (electrical system) and stated that the part was not available. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 53,000.

- Woburn, MA, USA

Sep 192014

Town & Country 6-cyl

It was about 5:30 in the morning and was driving to work. Both headlights quit working. I had to pull over because I couldn't see anything. I had to wait till daylight before I could drive again. Didn't want to cause an accident. Both headlights finally came back on around 730am. I'm not comfortable driving the vehicle while it is dark, don't want the headlights to go out again.

- Mcalester, OK, USA

Aug 302014

Town & Country 6-cyl

My headlights do not work. They blink on and off 5 times when I start my engine and then stay off. I googled the problem and immediately found out that this was a common problem for my vehicle. The tipm (totally integrated power module) is faulty. Have had it diagnosed at a dealer, charged me $102 to tell me what I already knew. Told me there are 75 tipm's on backorder and they have no idea when I will get one. Meanwhile, since this is a handicap vehicle for my 14 year old child who is a paraplegic, I have to rely on my fog lights to get her to school at 6:45 in the morning. I need this vehicle. I can't just run out and get a rental until this is resolved like others can. There are no handicap vehicle rentals. Numerous other people are experiencing a variety of problems associated with the tipm in their vehicles and I am concerned that my vehicle will begin to develop some of those problems as well on top of my seriously frustrating headlight issue. If I have a nighttime emergency with my child I wont be able to use my vehicle. Scary to say the least.

- Elkview, WV, USA

Sep 162014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system). The dealer stated that the part needed to repair the vehicle was not available. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer three times, but the part was never available. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Jan 022014

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the key became lodged in the ignition. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis. The technician stated the module kit needed to be replaced. The vehicle has not been repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 47,327...updated 09-24-14 the consumer stated the radio and ac stopped working. Updated 10/02/14 updated 10/07/14

- Monroe City, MO, USA

Jan 202014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Pavement was wet and went to stop quickly. ABS was enabled for a few seconds then the system shorted, leaving only standard brakes. The ABS light, traction control and engine lights came one. The ABS system would no longer function. Traction control would not function. This was very evident on ice. Speedometer would not read out. The speedometer would be at zero then when driven the vehicle would ding about every 5 minutes and speedometer would go up and down to zero again. The engine and transmission would not shift correctly. It would always seem to drive in a higher gear. The odometer would no longer function. The electric van doors would not work when the vehicle was running. They would work when vehicle was off. Took van to dealer for repair. The ABS control module was faulty and had corrosion on the connections which needed to be replaced. The van was absolutely worthless until this was replaced which cost $850.

- Casco, MI, USA

Apr 042014

Town & Country

I purchased the car in January of 2014, about 3 months after, the vehicle emergency light intermittently flashed and the alarm remained on, until the battery was disconnected. After reconnection, the problem seem to have gone away. But two months later the car battery died. I replaced the battery with a new one that the dealer recommended. Two weeks later, the battery was dead again and the dealer recommended we change the alternator. The old alternator was removed and replaced with a new one. A week later, the battery dead again and the battery was replaces again. A week later the battery was dead. And the dealer decided to do a complete diagnose of all electrical component. The dealer claimed the dash cluster have to be replace. I don't truth the replacement of the instrument cluster will solve the problem, I don't truth the car and I am frustrated. Chrysler group llc has been contacted but they have not return any call back.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA

Aug 142014

Town & Country

When this vehicle is stopped and placed into park the ignition switch will sometimes go to the off position and the key fob can be removed from the switch. Other times the ignition switch will only go to the accessory position. This will shut off the engine but will leave the rest of the electrical systems in the on position. At this point you cannot remove the key fob. This is an intermittent problem, but it happens to often. My feeling is that if I am in an accident and there is a gasoline spill of any kind there is no way to shut off the electrical system which could start a fire. Thank you

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

May 072014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Amending previous report. Mother, primary driver says vehicle cuts off.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

May 142014

Town & Country 6-cyl

All gauges and accessories shut off while driving, intermittently. Has happened 6 or 8 times. Vehicle does recover, or can fix by wiggling keyfob. Have duplicated in driveway.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

May 012014

Town & Country 6-cyl

There was no accident. Just wondering why Chrysler is taking so long to provide the part needed for this recall. I have called several times to inquire to the availability of this part.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

Mar 162014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Came out of church services on March 16, 2014 and read out said "damaged key" opened the door and read out said "key in ignition", but the key was still in my hand. Bells were dinging, doors & lights worked but the van would not start, no matter what. Had to have it towed for maintenance. This occurred 4 times to this date; last night being the latest. Did get a new key fob on April 14, 2014 & had no more issues until last night. Had been shopping came out of the store, opened the door and bells were dinging, with "key in ignition" showing on the read out. Had my children with me in a not so safe area to be stranded in. Called for help, but van would not start for 2 hrs. It was dark when it started. Went straight home. Tried to go out the next morning and it would not start again. Just purchased this vehicle on Feb 15, 2014 and had this exact issue a total of 5 times. Hate I purchased this vehicle and will get rid of it asap. Even if it means losing my good credit. I wont pay a monthly note for an unreliable vehicle. This is awful and Chrysler should do a recall on faulty switches for the 2010 Town & Country. I haven't reached my 6 month mark for ownership of this vehicle and continue to have this serious issue. I don't have money for a monthly note and repairs simultaneously. Please do look into this issue.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Jul 072014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. When the contact turned the key in the ignition, the vehicle failed to start. The vehicle was only able to start after numerous attempts and the radio and power windows were inoperable. The dealer stated that the ignition module needed to be replaced and that the contact needed new keys. The failures occurred after the vehicle was repaired for NHTSA campaign number: 11V139000 (electrical system). The vehicle was repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 44,350.

- Scott Depot, WV, USA

Sep 032013

Town & Country 6-cyl

About a year after purchase the automatic doors intermittently stop working and rear inside lights would remain on. This didn't effect operation or safety of vehicle so I didn't complain to dealer. No further incidents until September 2013, while on a roadtrip to Texas, air conditioner and directionals stopped working. No local dealership in the area so I was forced to bring car to local Firestone auto center. They were unable to find source of issue but issue seemed to resolve itself. While away that following December car was left unused for several days and battery was dead. Battery was replaced. Electrical issues continued in March 2014 and pulled car over emergently into sts auto center. They couldn't find source of electrical drain however problem again appeared to resolve itself. Brought car to dealership repeatedly since then. All gauges fail while windshield wipers remain on. Dealership has replaced instrument cluster, then a defective dome light, then claimed the battery was bad and replaced that again, then it was the instrument cluster again. Now I'm supposed to trust this car is going to be reliable and I'm being told be Chrysler that there is nothing more they can do or feel obligated to do. I called in today to file complaint and reported my car is functioning. I just went out to my car and all gauges are flashing at me. I must have jinxed myself!

- Baldwin, NY, USA

Sep 022013

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving 55 mph, the instrument panel gauges malfunctioned and completely failed. In addition, the windshield wipers activated unexpectedly and would not deactivate. The contact activated the headlights, but could not deactivate them without turning off the vehicle. The dealer stated that the instrument cluster was defective and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 38,000. Updated 09/02/14 updated 09/18/2014

- Baldwin, NY, USA

Jul 042014

Town & Country 6-cyl

1. the front left headlamp burned a hole into the casing and was smoking from underneath the hood. 2. periodically while in transit, the turn signals, HVAC system, radio and door controls will black out. There have been times when the vehicle would not start. I would have to turn the key fob to the off position, and then it would reset sometimes.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Jul 042014

Town & Country 6-cyl

While driving through my subdivision, I attempted to turn on the high beams for better visibility. At this instance, the wiper blades turned on and would not turn off. At the same moment, the vehicle lost the high beams, turn signals and windshield solution motor activation. The vehicle remained operational and no one was injured. I had to replace the turn signal, high beam and windshield wiper selector lever.

- North Prince George, VA, USA

Dec 122012

Town & Country 6-cyl

Ignition switch would not turn the car on and had to be towed.

- Marblehead, OH, USA