2010 Chrysler Town & Country electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Town & Country:

2010 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 31 of 38)

Oct 282014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system, visibility); however, the part needed was unavailable to repair the vehicle. The dealer was unable to advise when the part would become available. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Oct 272014

Town & Country

I was driving into work around 5 a.M on 10/27/14. I was going around 35 miles an hour. All of a sudden my headlights started blinking, then all the lights on the instrument dash board was going off & heard a binging noise. All of a sudden my 2010 Chrysler town & county van shut off causing me to loss steering & brakes ! I tried to turn the wheel as hard as I could right to avoid going left into oncoming traffic & ended up hitting a telephone pole. The air bags didn't deploy either. I was taking to the E.R. & dignosed with a mild concussion from hitting my head off of the steering wheel & have right groin and hip pain ! now I feel it is unsafe to drive this van since this happened!

- Andreas, PA, USA

Sep 212014

Town & Country

Our 2010 Chrysler Town and country van has cut off while driving, on multiple occasions. It has happened 3 times in just the past 3 weeks. There is no warning such as a hesitation or warning lights on the dashboard. The first indication is you lose power steering. The normal dashboard lights stay on but the van is not running and its difficult to get out of the way of traffic without power steering and it all happens so fast. We have been very lucky that there has not been an accident. We took all other keys off our van key fob and we checked the battery and it continues to happen. We know there is a recall for this very thing for ignitions for Town and country vans including the year 2010 but the dealership tells us (that by using our VIN number), our vans production date is outside of the recall dates.

- Warrenton, VA, USA

Jul 152014

Town & Country 6-cyl

I was driving my van when the air conditioner quit working, then the power window's would not work, then the power lock's quit working, wiper's quit, plus several other thing's. the inside of the van became very hot as it was a 101 outside and I was afraid to shut the van off and be stranded. The engine continued to work and I drove it to a dealer not from my town who shut van off then restarted it, everything worked. I felt that I and my wife were in a very dangerous situation!!! I also had trouble with it starting several times as well. Itook van to my local dealer who determined that the computer module was bad; after some delay was able to have it fixed. So far van work's ok with a few oddities that I do not deem serious, yet. My local dealer was cooperative but not to forthcoming with info about the situation involving the module. Thank you.

- Salina, KS, USA

Sep 122013

Town & Country 6-cyl

While driving at random times the vehicle will completely loose power. The engine will shut off, no power brakes, or power steering. After a few seconds the traction control light and engine light will come on the dash. I can coast to a stop, put the van in park and turn the ignition to start and the van will start again. I can then put it in drive and everything is fine until it happens again at a random time. It appears that there are two recall notices for this year vehicle for the same problem but for some reason my van is not covered by either of these two recalls.

- Lowell, MI, USA

Sep 012014

Town & Country

Our van has issues w/the key fob.we can no longer remove from the ignition, if we do, it may not start again & if it does it takes up to an hr. Many times while driving the electrical system shuts off, radio, wiper, lights...everything.for it to work again we have 2 options, the unsafe jiggling of the fob hoping the electrical returns and thevan doesn't shut off, or the safer option of pulling over where ever we may be, turning off van and back on.I was driving down a skinny rd, no place on the side to stop.I had my infant with me, it was 83 degree, windows up ac on.the electric failed, ac off and I was unable to put windows down and had no place to pull over while going around a blind corner.I had to drive while the van was heating up fast inside until I found a driveway I could pull into, turn off van and back on so I could put windows down.of, course when I stopped I opened my door (unable to open the back doors because of electric failure) I went in the back to check on my baby who was sweating.this is unacceptable.my electric should never fail while driving.my key fob should not operate as it does.I have read many complaints similar to mine.my husband actually came a cross a couple in the grocery store parking lot with the same key fob issue, they took it out and couldn't get their van to start again. Chrysler should be responsible for this and should place a recall on the electric and key fob.it is very unsafe, I have contacted Chrysler and they just blew me off. I will be contacting them again and again and again until, hopefully something is done..

- Swanzey, NH, USA

Jul 012014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact had to make several attempts before the vehicle would start. The dealer was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system). The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 74,000.

- Urbana, OH, USA

Apr 082013

Town & Country

The vehicle will not shut off and when in park will not release key. Spent hundreds of dollars worth of gas to release the key.

- Clayton, NY, USA

Oct 102014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Engine shut off while driving causing no power steering and no brakes. Check engine light came on as well as electronic throttle control sensor. Came to a stop and turned ignition off completely. Let car sit for a few minutes and turned car on again and was able to drive vehicle back home and park it. This is the second time this has happened while driving at low speed. Took to dealer and dealer determined that the key fob when in ignition can be jarred a little bit causing it to come slightly disengaged from ignition. Dealer said this is not part of any recall and to remove everything from the key ring except for key fob. Nothing they can do.

- Marion, IA, USA

Jun 282014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Andalusia, AL, USA

Aug 012014

Town & Country

We are experiencing the same problems as identified in the below investigation. Date investigation opened: Sep 25, 2014 date investigation closed: Open NHTSA action number: DP14004 component(s): Electrical system the car's headlights will either not turn on or will turn off while driving. We have brought it to the dealership numerous times and they weren't able to reproduce the problem(although they saw many tipm error codes. It finally occurred again last week and my wife rushed to the dealership and needed to let the car run for two hours since the technician was busy and we didn't want to risk them not seeing it occur. They have determined it to be a failing tipm module and the part is currently on backorder with no estimated delivery date. We can no longer use the car due to safety concerns and are feverishly waiting on the replacement part. Driving on a highway at night and losing your lights, not a good thing.

- Snohomish, WA, USA

Sep 292014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start and was towed to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the remote entry electrical system was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer stated that the electrical failure was caused by wear and tear. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 55,000.

- Springfield , IL, USA

Sep 212013

Town & Country 6-cyl

Engine stall has occurred for our vehicle 5 times in the past year. Dealership indicates that this vehicle is not included in the ignition switch recall. All incidents have occurred on city streets with no rough terrain or jostling of the keys. Car loses power steering and braking, would be extremely hazardous at higher speeds. Restarted each time without difficulty. Date of manufacture: 4/10 made in Canada

- Moorhead, MN, USA

Sep 042014

Town & Country 6-cyl

I was driving down the road with my family on a 25 mph road (thankfully not on the freeway) when the headlights went out. All of the dash lights were still on and the parking lights outside of the vehicle were still on as normal, but no headlights. We pulled over and figured we could drive home with just the fog lights on. Now when I try turning on the headlights, they will flash a couple of times and then stay off. Same thing happens when I try turning the brights on. I have tried taking the battery out for a few hours and charging it, then putting it back in, but it didn't help. I've tried replacing the headlight switch in the dash, but that didn't help either. I've looked for loose wires, but I can't find any. The only thing left that I can think of is taking it to the dealer and getting the tipm replaced, but apparently they are all on backorder.

- Pleasant Grove, UT, USA

Aug 252014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was able to restart after numerous attempts. The failure occurred on several occasions. The dealer was unable to duplicate the failure. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V370000 (electrical system) and stated that the part was not available. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 53,000.

- Woburn, MA, USA

Sep 192014

Town & Country 6-cyl

It was about 5:30 in the morning and was driving to work. Both headlights quit working. I had to pull over because I couldn't see anything. I had to wait till daylight before I could drive again. Didn't want to cause an accident. Both headlights finally came back on around 730am. I'm not comfortable driving the vehicle while it is dark, don't want the headlights to go out again.

- Mcalester, OK, USA

Aug 302014

Town & Country 6-cyl

My headlights do not work. They blink on and off 5 times when I start my engine and then stay off. I googled the problem and immediately found out that this was a common problem for my vehicle. The tipm (totally integrated power module) is faulty. Have had it diagnosed at a dealer, charged me $102 to tell me what I already knew. Told me there are 75 tipm's on backorder and they have no idea when I will get one. Meanwhile, since this is a handicap vehicle for my 14 year old child who is a paraplegic, I have to rely on my fog lights to get her to school at 6:45 in the morning. I need this vehicle. I can't just run out and get a rental until this is resolved like others can. There are no handicap vehicle rentals. Numerous other people are experiencing a variety of problems associated with the tipm in their vehicles and I am concerned that my vehicle will begin to develop some of those problems as well on top of my seriously frustrating headlight issue. If I have a nighttime emergency with my child I wont be able to use my vehicle. Scary to say the least.

- Elkview, WV, USA

Sep 162014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system). The dealer stated that the part needed to repair the vehicle was not available. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer three times, but the part was never available. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Jan 022014

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the key became lodged in the ignition. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis. The technician stated the module kit needed to be replaced. The vehicle has not been repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 47,327...updated 09-24-14 the consumer stated the radio and ac stopped working. Updated 10/02/14 updated 10/07/14

- Monroe City, MO, USA

Jan 202014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Pavement was wet and went to stop quickly. ABS was enabled for a few seconds then the system shorted, leaving only standard brakes. The ABS light, traction control and engine lights came one. The ABS system would no longer function. Traction control would not function. This was very evident on ice. Speedometer would not read out. The speedometer would be at zero then when driven the vehicle would ding about every 5 minutes and speedometer would go up and down to zero again. The engine and transmission would not shift correctly. It would always seem to drive in a higher gear. The odometer would no longer function. The electric van doors would not work when the vehicle was running. They would work when vehicle was off. Took van to dealer for repair. The ABS control module was faulty and had corrosion on the connections which needed to be replaced. The van was absolutely worthless until this was replaced which cost $850.

- Casco, MI, USA