2010 Chrysler Town & Country electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Town & Country:

2010 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 31 of 38)

Jul 012014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact had to make several attempts before the vehicle would start. The dealer was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system). The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 74,000.

- Urbana, OH, USA

Apr 082013

Town & Country

The vehicle will not shut off and when in park will not release key. Spent hundreds of dollars worth of gas to release the key.

- Clayton, NY, USA

Oct 102014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Engine shut off while driving causing no power steering and no brakes. Check engine light came on as well as electronic throttle control sensor. Came to a stop and turned ignition off completely. Let car sit for a few minutes and turned car on again and was able to drive vehicle back home and park it. This is the second time this has happened while driving at low speed. Took to dealer and dealer determined that the key fob when in ignition can be jarred a little bit causing it to come slightly disengaged from ignition. Dealer said this is not part of any recall and to remove everything from the key ring except for key fob. Nothing they can do.

- Marion, IA, USA

Jun 282014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Andalusia, AL, USA

Aug 012014

Town & Country

We are experiencing the same problems as identified in the below investigation. Date investigation opened: Sep 25, 2014 date investigation closed: Open NHTSA action number: DP14004 component(s): Electrical system the car's headlights will either not turn on or will turn off while driving. We have brought it to the dealership numerous times and they weren't able to reproduce the problem(although they saw many tipm error codes. It finally occurred again last week and my wife rushed to the dealership and needed to let the car run for two hours since the technician was busy and we didn't want to risk them not seeing it occur. They have determined it to be a failing tipm module and the part is currently on backorder with no estimated delivery date. We can no longer use the car due to safety concerns and are feverishly waiting on the replacement part. Driving on a highway at night and losing your lights, not a good thing.

- Snohomish, WA, USA

Sep 292014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start and was towed to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the remote entry electrical system was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer stated that the electrical failure was caused by wear and tear. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 55,000.

- Springfield , IL, USA

Sep 212013

Town & Country 6-cyl

Engine stall has occurred for our vehicle 5 times in the past year. Dealership indicates that this vehicle is not included in the ignition switch recall. All incidents have occurred on city streets with no rough terrain or jostling of the keys. Car loses power steering and braking, would be extremely hazardous at higher speeds. Restarted each time without difficulty. Date of manufacture: 4/10 made in Canada

- Moorhead, MN, USA

Sep 042014

Town & Country 6-cyl

I was driving down the road with my family on a 25 mph road (thankfully not on the freeway) when the headlights went out. All of the dash lights were still on and the parking lights outside of the vehicle were still on as normal, but no headlights. We pulled over and figured we could drive home with just the fog lights on. Now when I try turning on the headlights, they will flash a couple of times and then stay off. Same thing happens when I try turning the brights on. I have tried taking the battery out for a few hours and charging it, then putting it back in, but it didn't help. I've tried replacing the headlight switch in the dash, but that didn't help either. I've looked for loose wires, but I can't find any. The only thing left that I can think of is taking it to the dealer and getting the tipm replaced, but apparently they are all on backorder.

- Pleasant Grove, UT, USA

Aug 252014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was able to restart after numerous attempts. The failure occurred on several occasions. The dealer was unable to duplicate the failure. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V370000 (electrical system) and stated that the part was not available. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 53,000.

- Woburn, MA, USA

Sep 192014

Town & Country 6-cyl

It was about 5:30 in the morning and was driving to work. Both headlights quit working. I had to pull over because I couldn't see anything. I had to wait till daylight before I could drive again. Didn't want to cause an accident. Both headlights finally came back on around 730am. I'm not comfortable driving the vehicle while it is dark, don't want the headlights to go out again.

- Mcalester, OK, USA

Aug 302014

Town & Country 6-cyl

My headlights do not work. They blink on and off 5 times when I start my engine and then stay off. I googled the problem and immediately found out that this was a common problem for my vehicle. The tipm (totally integrated power module) is faulty. Have had it diagnosed at a dealer, charged me $102 to tell me what I already knew. Told me there are 75 tipm's on backorder and they have no idea when I will get one. Meanwhile, since this is a handicap vehicle for my 14 year old child who is a paraplegic, I have to rely on my fog lights to get her to school at 6:45 in the morning. I need this vehicle. I can't just run out and get a rental until this is resolved like others can. There are no handicap vehicle rentals. Numerous other people are experiencing a variety of problems associated with the tipm in their vehicles and I am concerned that my vehicle will begin to develop some of those problems as well on top of my seriously frustrating headlight issue. If I have a nighttime emergency with my child I wont be able to use my vehicle. Scary to say the least.

- Elkview, WV, USA

Sep 162014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system). The dealer stated that the part needed to repair the vehicle was not available. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer three times, but the part was never available. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Jan 022014

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the key became lodged in the ignition. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis. The technician stated the module kit needed to be replaced. The vehicle has not been repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 47,327...updated 09-24-14 the consumer stated the radio and ac stopped working. Updated 10/02/14 updated 10/07/14

- Monroe City, MO, USA

Jan 202014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Pavement was wet and went to stop quickly. ABS was enabled for a few seconds then the system shorted, leaving only standard brakes. The ABS light, traction control and engine lights came one. The ABS system would no longer function. Traction control would not function. This was very evident on ice. Speedometer would not read out. The speedometer would be at zero then when driven the vehicle would ding about every 5 minutes and speedometer would go up and down to zero again. The engine and transmission would not shift correctly. It would always seem to drive in a higher gear. The odometer would no longer function. The electric van doors would not work when the vehicle was running. They would work when vehicle was off. Took van to dealer for repair. The ABS control module was faulty and had corrosion on the connections which needed to be replaced. The van was absolutely worthless until this was replaced which cost $850.

- Casco, MI, USA

Apr 042014

Town & Country

I purchased the car in January of 2014, about 3 months after, the vehicle emergency light intermittently flashed and the alarm remained on, until the battery was disconnected. After reconnection, the problem seem to have gone away. But two months later the car battery died. I replaced the battery with a new one that the dealer recommended. Two weeks later, the battery was dead again and the dealer recommended we change the alternator. The old alternator was removed and replaced with a new one. A week later, the battery dead again and the battery was replaces again. A week later the battery was dead. And the dealer decided to do a complete diagnose of all electrical component. The dealer claimed the dash cluster have to be replace. I don't truth the replacement of the instrument cluster will solve the problem, I don't truth the car and I am frustrated. Chrysler group llc has been contacted but they have not return any call back.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA

Aug 142014

Town & Country

When this vehicle is stopped and placed into park the ignition switch will sometimes go to the off position and the key fob can be removed from the switch. Other times the ignition switch will only go to the accessory position. This will shut off the engine but will leave the rest of the electrical systems in the on position. At this point you cannot remove the key fob. This is an intermittent problem, but it happens to often. My feeling is that if I am in an accident and there is a gasoline spill of any kind there is no way to shut off the electrical system which could start a fire. Thank you

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

May 072014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Amending previous report. Mother, primary driver says vehicle cuts off.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

May 142014

Town & Country 6-cyl

All gauges and accessories shut off while driving, intermittently. Has happened 6 or 8 times. Vehicle does recover, or can fix by wiggling keyfob. Have duplicated in driveway.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

May 012014

Town & Country 6-cyl

There was no accident. Just wondering why Chrysler is taking so long to provide the part needed for this recall. I have called several times to inquire to the availability of this part.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

Mar 162014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Came out of church services on March 16, 2014 and read out said "damaged key" opened the door and read out said "key in ignition", but the key was still in my hand. Bells were dinging, doors & lights worked but the van would not start, no matter what. Had to have it towed for maintenance. This occurred 4 times to this date; last night being the latest. Did get a new key fob on April 14, 2014 & had no more issues until last night. Had been shopping came out of the store, opened the door and bells were dinging, with "key in ignition" showing on the read out. Had my children with me in a not so safe area to be stranded in. Called for help, but van would not start for 2 hrs. It was dark when it started. Went straight home. Tried to go out the next morning and it would not start again. Just purchased this vehicle on Feb 15, 2014 and had this exact issue a total of 5 times. Hate I purchased this vehicle and will get rid of it asap. Even if it means losing my good credit. I wont pay a monthly note for an unreliable vehicle. This is awful and Chrysler should do a recall on faulty switches for the 2010 Town & Country. I haven't reached my 6 month mark for ownership of this vehicle and continue to have this serious issue. I don't have money for a monthly note and repairs simultaneously. Please do look into this issue.

- Memphis, TN, USA