2010 Chrysler Town & Country electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Town & Country:

2010 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 32 of 37)

May 292012

Town & Country 6-cyl

In may, 2014 - our van started on its own without even a key in the ignition, and then it would sometimes start with key and other times it would not start at all. I had the electrical system repaired at cost of some $900. The Chrysler dealer said the only way you know of this repair is if I reported it to you - they don't and Chrysler doesn't. from recent news articles I learned that many 2014 have been on recall list, but not mine. Thank you for your help.

- Hudson, WI, USA

Jul 022014

Town & Country

I had the key fob in the ignition and when I went to turn off vehicle it would not turn off all the way. The key fob seemed to have separated somewhat. I wrestled with getting the vehicle turned off for a while and was finally able to get the key out and the vehicle turned off. When I went to turn the vehicle back on the key fob would not work. There was power to the fob. It would lock/unlock doors and the battery was fine. The key fob would not turn and could not get the car out of park or get the car to do anything. Had the vehicle towed to the dealership. They told me I needed a new win module. This was recalled and fixed in 2012. The dealership said it is not the same problem. I was told on the recall they fixed a component of the win module and now I need a whole new one for $800 and Chrysler will not cover this even though it is the exact same problem that the recall supposedly fixed. Car is only 4 years old with 54,000 miles on it. This should not be happening and Chrysler should fix it. I called Chrysler and it has been assigned to a case manager. We will see what the case manager says. I have read numerous complaints about this problem. For Chrysler to fix a problem on a recall and when that fix obviously did not work because same problem is happening to say it's not the same thing is completely unacceptable.

- Kingsland, GA, USA

Jun 232014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 14V234000 (vent window switch) and stated that the parts were not available. The dealer did not provide a specific date for when the parts would become available. The manufacturer was also contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would be repaired. There were no failures.

- Stockton, CA, USA

Jun 242014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated while traveling approximately 20 mph, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was to be inspected, diagnosed and repaired by an authorized dealer. The contact was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 11V139000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Columbia, MO, USA

Oct 132011

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system). The vehicle was not able to be repaired because the part was unavailable. The contact stated that the front driver's side switch panel failed intermittently. The dealer replaced the switch panel prior to the contact purchasing the vehicle; however, the failure recurred. When the windows were rolled down, there was extensive water leaking into the vehicle from the front driver and passenger side windows due to the lack of window spoilers. The contact had to disconnect the fuse underneath the hood on several occasions because the rear windows would roll down automatically on occasion. In addition, the front driver and passenger side mirrors malfunctioned. The contact noticed a strong odor near the front driver's side of the vehicle followed by smoke and fire. The contact was able to extinguish the flames. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 82,000.

- Tacoma, WA, USA

Feb 012012

Town & Country 6-cyl

We purchased our 2010 van in December 2011. A couple of months later we were just driving down the road and, at first, we thought the van shut off, but it was just the radio, A/C, power windows, etc. That stopped working. My husband jiggled the key and everything started back up again. Throughout the event, the engine continued running. The funny thing is we did not bump anything in the road. It just shut off. We were not aware of any recall until recently. Another issue is we have also had an issue with our key not working because we are told there is something wrong with the win module. We have actually been locked out of our vehicle, because we would have to replace the win module in order to get a new key that will actually work with the vehicle. I am not sure if this is linked to other faulty win modules that I have read about.

- Fort White, FL, USA

Sep 292011

Town & Country 6-cyl

Because of the recall, the ignition switch was replaced on 7/15/11. My husband always thought he hit the switch with his leg the few times it had stopped on us. After the switch was replaced it did it again and I brought it back. They found nothing wrong, then it would go a few months and do it again. It never did it for Dodge Chrysler when they checked it out. On 2-4-13 Dodge Chrysler replaced the receiver, transmitter, and trim ring thinking that was the problem. It costs me $559. After bringing it in again, they again took it overnight and it didn't do it for them. I called Chrysler and complained and have a case number. The manager at Dodge Chrysler pretty much blew me off telling Chrysler Corp. That we didn't maintain the car, we only came in for our free oil changes. I have all the receipts to prove differently. We took it elsewhere for tires, rotation, brake pads, transmission work, etc. Does someone have to die before something is done? we are very careful where we drive the car now, being sure to be where it will just pull off the road if it stalls, which it may not do for months. We don't have to be on a bumpy road when it happens. We won't drive on interstates with it any more and wish we could afford a new car, but even the mechanic at Dodge said if we traded it in the VIN would show that we had a problem that hadn't been remedied so it sort of makes the car worthless. I have read other complaints of this type on edmonds. Please help!!!

- Sneads Ferry, NC, USA

Apr 012014

Town & Country

The key gets stuck to the ignition, I have to jiggle the gears or shift and then re-start the minivan to try and release the key. Sometimes it takes 10-15 minutes! there is no pattern to this. It has been serviced now twice and I will be taking it in again tomorrow after a "defective cable" for which I had to pay for, was replaced and adjustments made, according to the service invoice. Not sure if it is related to the 2011 recall but I have certainly had more issues since then all related to the key in the ignition.

- Fair Oaks, CA, USA

May 082014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Vehicle's headlamps will turn off intermittently while driving or shortly after starting the vehicle whether the switch is in the "automatic" or "on" position. Problem is intermittent, and affects only the headlights and hi-beams. Fog and parking lights are not affected.

- Brick, NJ, USA

Jun 032014

Town & Country 6-cyl

I purchased the 2010 vehicle and have only had it a few months. I was just told that a part on the vehicle called the tipm is the source of my vehicle problem. The warranty does not cover the problem and I am told I must pay for the repairs myself, and if I don't the problems will just get worse and the car will shut off while driving. I am aware that there was a recall on 2010 Town & Country vans in the recent past and for some reason my vehicle was not included in this recall. There is even a current recall that lists the manufacture date and parameters that my vehicle falls within and I am told my vehicle does not apply. This means something is not right now and it was probably not right then. I would like to know why a recall that lists 2010 Town & Country vans was not all inclusive since this is a known common problem that can not only disable the vehicle while driving, but can cause fire, injury and or loss of life. According to your representative, there must be numerous complaints or someone must be injured or killed before Chrysler will acknowledge the issue and consider a full recall. I find this unacceptable and complete irresponsible. Would you accept this if your family members died or we injured this way. I have been for the most part of my life long supporter of Chrysler products and I don't think I will be able to do that any longer. Your company is willing to risk life or death to make a profit. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing.

- Cantonment, FL, USA

Dec 152013

Town & Country 6-cyl

This minivan turns off while driving. When it first happened to me I was stopped at a stop light and began to go. It happened to my boyfriend while he was getting on the freeway. Company changed the brakes and they need to be changed again only six months later. We already took in once to get problem fixed. They couldn't find anything wrong with it and gave it back. Problem started happening again and now started overheating so we took it back.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Feb 132014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the service engine and the electronic throttle control warning lights illuminated intermittently. Additionally, the vehicle stalled without warning on numerous ocassions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, who diagnosed that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 11V139000 (electrical system). The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Durant, IA, USA

May 052014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Car shut off while driving. Called Chrysler direct was told its not covered under recall no. L02 & L25. Also contacted local dealer ferrario's(in towanda pa) about this recall they said they can't get the parts to fix it. Their response was drive straight and don't hit bumps. Told Chrysler hotline the comments all I get from them is "it's not covered under the recall & we suggest to get it fixed and hold on to all receipts to see if it will be covered at a future date. Isn't this like the GM recall that has killed people?

- Towanda, PA, USA

Feb 042014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler towns & country. The contact stated that while exiting a parking lot, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact mentioned that the failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician was unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure but did not offer any assistance because the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 11V139000 (electrical system). The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 93,000 and the current mileage was 99,900.

- Houston , TX, USA

Apr 192014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while driving approximately 65 mph, the engine stalled without warning. Upon restarting, the vehicle was able to resume normally. The failure recurred on a separate occasion. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer and repaired under NHTSA campaign id number 11V139000 (electrical system). The failure persisted after the repair was performed. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 58,000.

- Haughton, LA, USA

Jul 022012

Town & Country 6-cyl

The right sliding door when activated would start to open. When about half way open it would start to shutter and would close again. If someone was starting to get out the door, the door would hit them. The dealership this vehicle was purchased from told me there was nothing wrong with it, but they could fix them for $350 per door. After reading of recall K 14 that Chrysler was campaigning in Oct 2010, I manually moved my wiring harness in the lower door well. This resulted in a temporary fix. Now I must move it periodically to have the door operate properly. Just recently, the left door started to act the same way. My grandchildren have gotten hit by the erratic action several times but never were physically injured. This vehicle has a build date of 08-09. This date falls within the inclusive dates of manufacture of the defect information report for Chrysler group llc recall J27. I believe that this vehicle contains the same defects as those recalled.

- Powell, OH, USA

Mar 082013

Town & Country 6-cyl

While driving at slower speeds, my 2010 Chrysler Town & Country will just shut down. Power steering is lost, engine is completely shut off. This has happened about 5 times over the past month. In all cases we have had to pull off the road (if we could), remove the key from the ignition, then restart the vehicle. We are fearful this will happen at a higher rate of speed and we will get in an accident. We took the vehicle to the dealership and the diagnostics test did not find anything. The technician has been driving the vehicle around for a couple of days to try and duplicate the situation with no success. We are not sure what to do from here as we are now very uncomfortable driving this vehicle. Any help would be appreciated.

- Livonia, MI, USA

Jan 312014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Vehicle intermittently loses power at low speeds. Completely shuts down. Can restart engine immediately. This occurred in Jan, Feb and Mar 5 times. Vehicle taken to vero beach Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge in Florida on 2/07/14 and again on 3/7/14 after contacting Chrysler customer service. Dealership unable to determine cause or duplicate problem. We are concerned about driving back to Michigan on the highways fearing the engine could lose power.

- Livonia, MI, USA

Mar 102014

Town & Country

The contact owns 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated while driving approximately 70 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle did restart; however, the failure occurred three times over a period of two weeks. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer for diagnostic testing. There was a recall under NHTSA campaign id number 11V139000(electrical system). The VIN was not included in the recall and the vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Spring, TX, USA

Dec 182013

Town & Country

My van has shut off completely with no warning approximately 2-5 times a month since December 2013. I have taken it to the dealer 5 times and they have been unable to fix the issue. I have almost been hit several times with my children in the car. There is no warning I lose steering but the power like the radio stays on. The last time this happened 4/3/2013 I also lost my braeks. They say since they cant replicate the problem its not their concern. They have replaced my win module twice as well as my keys.

- Mars, PA, USA