2010 Chrysler Town & Country electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Town & Country:

2010 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 33 of 38)

May 082014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Vehicle's headlamps will turn off intermittently while driving or shortly after starting the vehicle whether the switch is in the "automatic" or "on" position. Problem is intermittent, and affects only the headlights and hi-beams. Fog and parking lights are not affected.

- Brick, NJ, USA

Jun 032014

Town & Country 6-cyl

I purchased the 2010 vehicle and have only had it a few months. I was just told that a part on the vehicle called the tipm is the source of my vehicle problem. The warranty does not cover the problem and I am told I must pay for the repairs myself, and if I don't the problems will just get worse and the car will shut off while driving. I am aware that there was a recall on 2010 Town & Country vans in the recent past and for some reason my vehicle was not included in this recall. There is even a current recall that lists the manufacture date and parameters that my vehicle falls within and I am told my vehicle does not apply. This means something is not right now and it was probably not right then. I would like to know why a recall that lists 2010 Town & Country vans was not all inclusive since this is a known common problem that can not only disable the vehicle while driving, but can cause fire, injury and or loss of life. According to your representative, there must be numerous complaints or someone must be injured or killed before Chrysler will acknowledge the issue and consider a full recall. I find this unacceptable and complete irresponsible. Would you accept this if your family members died or we injured this way. I have been for the most part of my life long supporter of Chrysler products and I don't think I will be able to do that any longer. Your company is willing to risk life or death to make a profit. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing.

- Cantonment, FL, USA

Dec 152013

Town & Country 6-cyl

This minivan turns off while driving. When it first happened to me I was stopped at a stop light and began to go. It happened to my boyfriend while he was getting on the freeway. Company changed the brakes and they need to be changed again only six months later. We already took in once to get problem fixed. They couldn't find anything wrong with it and gave it back. Problem started happening again and now started overheating so we took it back.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Feb 132014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the service engine and the electronic throttle control warning lights illuminated intermittently. Additionally, the vehicle stalled without warning on numerous ocassions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, who diagnosed that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 11V139000 (electrical system). The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Durant, IA, USA

May 052014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Car shut off while driving. Called Chrysler direct was told its not covered under recall no. L02 & L25. Also contacted local dealer ferrario's(in towanda pa) about this recall they said they can't get the parts to fix it. Their response was drive straight and don't hit bumps. Told Chrysler hotline the comments all I get from them is "it's not covered under the recall & we suggest to get it fixed and hold on to all receipts to see if it will be covered at a future date. Isn't this like the GM recall that has killed people?

- Towanda, PA, USA

Feb 042014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler towns & country. The contact stated that while exiting a parking lot, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact mentioned that the failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician was unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure but did not offer any assistance because the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 11V139000 (electrical system). The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 93,000 and the current mileage was 99,900.

- Houston , TX, USA

Apr 192014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while driving approximately 65 mph, the engine stalled without warning. Upon restarting, the vehicle was able to resume normally. The failure recurred on a separate occasion. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer and repaired under NHTSA campaign id number 11V139000 (electrical system). The failure persisted after the repair was performed. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 58,000.

- Haughton, LA, USA

Jul 022012

Town & Country 6-cyl

The right sliding door when activated would start to open. When about half way open it would start to shutter and would close again. If someone was starting to get out the door, the door would hit them. The dealership this vehicle was purchased from told me there was nothing wrong with it, but they could fix them for $350 per door. After reading of recall K 14 that Chrysler was campaigning in Oct 2010, I manually moved my wiring harness in the lower door well. This resulted in a temporary fix. Now I must move it periodically to have the door operate properly. Just recently, the left door started to act the same way. My grandchildren have gotten hit by the erratic action several times but never were physically injured. This vehicle has a build date of 08-09. This date falls within the inclusive dates of manufacture of the defect information report for Chrysler group llc recall J27. I believe that this vehicle contains the same defects as those recalled.

- Powell, OH, USA

Mar 082013

Town & Country 6-cyl

While driving at slower speeds, my 2010 Chrysler Town & Country will just shut down. Power steering is lost, engine is completely shut off. This has happened about 5 times over the past month. In all cases we have had to pull off the road (if we could), remove the key from the ignition, then restart the vehicle. We are fearful this will happen at a higher rate of speed and we will get in an accident. We took the vehicle to the dealership and the diagnostics test did not find anything. The technician has been driving the vehicle around for a couple of days to try and duplicate the situation with no success. We are not sure what to do from here as we are now very uncomfortable driving this vehicle. Any help would be appreciated.

- Livonia, MI, USA

Jan 312014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Vehicle intermittently loses power at low speeds. Completely shuts down. Can restart engine immediately. This occurred in Jan, Feb and Mar 5 times. Vehicle taken to vero beach Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge in Florida on 2/07/14 and again on 3/7/14 after contacting Chrysler customer service. Dealership unable to determine cause or duplicate problem. We are concerned about driving back to Michigan on the highways fearing the engine could lose power.

- Livonia, MI, USA

Mar 102014

Town & Country

The contact owns 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated while driving approximately 70 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle did restart; however, the failure occurred three times over a period of two weeks. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer for diagnostic testing. There was a recall under NHTSA campaign id number 11V139000(electrical system). The VIN was not included in the recall and the vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Spring, TX, USA

Dec 182013

Town & Country

My van has shut off completely with no warning approximately 2-5 times a month since December 2013. I have taken it to the dealer 5 times and they have been unable to fix the issue. I have almost been hit several times with my children in the car. There is no warning I lose steering but the power like the radio stays on. The last time this happened 4/3/2013 I also lost my braeks. They say since they cant replicate the problem its not their concern. They have replaced my win module twice as well as my keys.

- Mars, PA, USA

Mar 272014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Van has wireless ignition system problems. Van has intermittent shut off, van has intermittent no start issues. Van has intermittent warning cluster, wiper, gauges, and headlight shut off and on problems. Van is dangerous to my fam. And others!!!!!!! found recall L-25 but this is fraud recall; only installing rubber ring on win module. Chrysler must service all vehicles with these problems asap before they get in more lawsuits and kill more people. Chrysler has case number: S10008000021 release date: 9/7/10 involves wiper, gauge, lighting and cluster problems that is happening to thousands of their units. Also bulletin #: 08-025-11 5/27/11 involves problems with wireless ignition system that is happening to thousands of their units. Information redacted pursuant to the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. 552(B)(6).

- Vega Alta, PR, USA

Mar 052014

Town & Country

I was turning a slow curve and I am not sure what caused it, but my engine turned off, my power steering and gas pedal failed. My brakes didn't seem to work as well and I had to come to a slowed stop and force my steering to turn onto an off road so I didn't cause an accident. When I came to a stop I turned the engine off and back on and the car started up right away and I have not had an issue since. I am not sure if I bumped the keys in the ignition or not. Unfortunately, I have had a few family emergencies and have had to reschedule the appt to get my car looked at and do not know the issue. I am concerned that it has to do with the recalls of cars with faulty key/ignition issues. I just bought this car that was supposedly certified back in November of 2013 with only approx. 37,000 miles on it. Should I give this back as a lemon and get a different vehicle?

- Saint Charles, MO, USA

Jan 012013

Town & Country 6-cyl

My car had the win start part replaced in the 2011 recall. I have found the issues listed below on several websites as being related, so I am listing them all. In these other reports the win start is listed as the problem, and replacing this part is $700+. an excessive cost to repair a component that fails so frequently, or that has already been replaced once on the car. Multiple issues: First the issue is that when I am driving, the car pauses or hesitates like it is going to die. There is no pattern to this, it happens at random speeds and under random conditions. Depending upon the timing and duration, this is definitely hazardous issue. Second: The key continuously gets stuck in the ignition, and I must sit in the car with the car off, or try to restart and shift the gears, sometimes up to 10-15 minutes before I can remove the key. In the beginning it happened only if I had been driving for awhile. Yesterday it happened and I drove only two miles. Third: The car won't start. It sometimes happens after the key has been stuck. I have had the battery and other components checked, but nothing is an obvious answer. Again, other websites connect this to the other issues herein listed and the resolution is replacing the win start.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Mar 232014

Town & Country 6-cyl

The vehicle stalled while driving. No other indications or warning lights at the time. The vehicle was being driven at approximately 35 miles an hour when it suddenly shut off. Vehicle pulled to the side of a busy intersection to avoid collision.

- Chanhassen, MN, USA

Mar 152014

Town & Country

My wife and I purchased a 2010 Chrysler Town and country with a manufacture date of 11/10, about 2 weeks ago, and we immediately were having issues with the vehicles engine being shut off while driving. I did some research on the internet and found that the same model vehicle manufactured between August 3, 2009 and June 17, 2010 were recalled due to this same issue. Apparently they were built with ignitions that could accidentally switch from the "run" position to "accessory, " thereby causing the engine to shut off. But my same exact model vehicle is not covered by this recall because it does not fall within the manufacture date for the recall. I am highly upset at this because my wife is the main operator of this vehicle and my son is with her in the van. I want some answers about this issue, and a reason why my van is not in the recall when it is obvious that all vans of this model year are affected, I refuse to pay to have this fixed when it is obvious this is a manufacturers defect. Your recall I.D. is NHTSA campaign id: 11V139000. Thank you.

- Newport News, VA, USA

Jan 292014

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while driving 15 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who was unable to diagnose the failure. The dealer replaced the battery as a temporary remedy however, the remedy failed to fix the problem. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 49,000 and the current mileage was 50,777. Updated 05/28/14 MA the consumer stated this issue and repair is identical to a recall for the same make and model through July 2014 build date. Updated 05/29/2014

- North Wales, PA, USA

Aug 222013

Town & Country 6-cyl

2010 Chrysler Town and country my wife and I have been driving vehicle and multiple times over the last 6 months the vehicle stalls without warning. On one instance my wife was turning at an intersection when the car shut off unexpectedly and when this occurred the power steering stopped working and my wife nearly rolled into oncoming traffic. On another instance the vehicle stalled on me traveling down the freeway and I had to put the vehicle in neutral and start it again, when I did this it seemed like the car had to turn over for a few seconds before it would start up. We have 3 children and this is a very disturbing issue as it relates to safety. I would like to see Chrysler internal issue tracking on these items during launch of the vehicle because I have a relative a few years back who had a very similar issue with the Chrysler Jeep Grand Cherokee he owned. It seems to me that this is a bigger system issue with Chrysler as a whole. In addition to this safety I have multiple nuisance issues with my vehicle from door locks that buzz, sliding door seals that are cut up as a result of improper installation of door, window edge seals that appear to have been too long but installed anyway and air leak sound result from poor workmanship, rear power door that has stopped working.

- Holland, MI, USA

Mar 082014

Town & Country 6-cyl

The following lights came on: ABS, anti skid, check engine light. The engine started missing then the security indicator light came on and the alarm inside went off. I had no electrical controls. The windows wouldn't roll down, the door locks wouldn't work and then the engine shut off. The outside alarm then went off too. I had to disable the alarm by unhooking the battery cable. I had the car towed in to the dealer and they told me that the car was not communicating with the computer and they had no idea what the problem was. I then called Chrysler and checked to see if there had been a recall of any kind and sure enough my vehicle had the recall# L25. I have never received a recall notice but the gentlemen that I spoke with at Chrysler Corp. Said that according to their records the win module had been replaced on my van and that my vehicle had been repaired on 2-7-2012. That never happened!! it is currently being checked out by the Chrysler tech at our local dealer. They said they are only allowed to replace the rubber gasket inside the module and if the module itself is bad I will have to pay for the module. The gentlemen I spoke with at Chrysler corporation told me that the module would be covered at no charge. This is crazy!!! my two young grandsons were in the van when all this happened. Needless to say they were terrified. This problem needs immediate attention. The government needs to get involved here. This is definitely a safety issue!!

- Georgetown, KY, USA