2010 Chrysler Town & Country electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Town & Country:

2010 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 34 of 38)

Aug 222013

Town & Country 6-cyl

2010 Chrysler Town and country my wife and I have been driving vehicle and multiple times over the last 6 months the vehicle stalls without warning. On one instance my wife was turning at an intersection when the car shut off unexpectedly and when this occurred the power steering stopped working and my wife nearly rolled into oncoming traffic. On another instance the vehicle stalled on me traveling down the freeway and I had to put the vehicle in neutral and start it again, when I did this it seemed like the car had to turn over for a few seconds before it would start up. We have 3 children and this is a very disturbing issue as it relates to safety. I would like to see Chrysler internal issue tracking on these items during launch of the vehicle because I have a relative a few years back who had a very similar issue with the Chrysler Jeep Grand Cherokee he owned. It seems to me that this is a bigger system issue with Chrysler as a whole. In addition to this safety I have multiple nuisance issues with my vehicle from door locks that buzz, sliding door seals that are cut up as a result of improper installation of door, window edge seals that appear to have been too long but installed anyway and air leak sound result from poor workmanship, rear power door that has stopped working.

- Holland, MI, USA

Mar 082014

Town & Country 6-cyl

The following lights came on: ABS, anti skid, check engine light. The engine started missing then the security indicator light came on and the alarm inside went off. I had no electrical controls. The windows wouldn't roll down, the door locks wouldn't work and then the engine shut off. The outside alarm then went off too. I had to disable the alarm by unhooking the battery cable. I had the car towed in to the dealer and they told me that the car was not communicating with the computer and they had no idea what the problem was. I then called Chrysler and checked to see if there had been a recall of any kind and sure enough my vehicle had the recall# L25. I have never received a recall notice but the gentlemen that I spoke with at Chrysler Corp. Said that according to their records the win module had been replaced on my van and that my vehicle had been repaired on 2-7-2012. That never happened!! it is currently being checked out by the Chrysler tech at our local dealer. They said they are only allowed to replace the rubber gasket inside the module and if the module itself is bad I will have to pay for the module. The gentlemen I spoke with at Chrysler corporation told me that the module would be covered at no charge. This is crazy!!! my two young grandsons were in the van when all this happened. Needless to say they were terrified. This problem needs immediate attention. The government needs to get involved here. This is definitely a safety issue!!

- Georgetown, KY, USA

Mar 012012

Town & Country

My husband took my 2010 chrylser Town & Country van to the dealer for the ignition recall. When he arrived home he explained to me that when he left the dealer he had no electric in the vehicle. He returned to the dealer and they told him that he had to be careful not to turn the ignition too far to the left or this would happen. This was suppose to correct a problem not create a new one. I would have thought that NHTSA would have reviewed the fix of the ignition issue and insured that it did not create yet another problem. I returned to the dealer and told them to return my car to the original equipment since I felt the repair was much worse then the risk that resulted in the recall. When will NHTSA take these issues seriously enough to ensure that the supposedly correction of an issue does not cause a greater concern? I had no lights, no radio, no handsfree phone connection once the "recall parts" were installed.

- Allentown, PA, USA

Jan 102014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while traveling various speeds, the vehicle suddenly stalled. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure could not be diagnosed. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure and informed the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number 11V139000 (electrical system). The failure mileage was approximately 80,000. The VIN was not available.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Feb 242014

Town & Country

The engine shut down unexpectedly. Everything on the car just turned off. I was able to coast to the side of the road, waited a few minutes and re-started the car. This is the second time that this has happened recently.

- Lakeland, MI, USA

Oct 272011

Town & Country 6-cyl

2010 Chrysler Town & Country. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle ignition recall. The consumer stated after the recall was performed, the problems with the keys was immediate. The keys strained to get past the rubber triangular-shaped objects that were installed as part of the recall. The consumer could feel the twisting force on the key each time. Prior to the change of the ignition, there was no significant force exerted on the key in the ignition. A few months after the recall, the consumer noticed the keys were starting to become damaged. By the summer of 2012, there was evidence of cracking in the bodies of the keys. By the summer of 2013, both keys were broken, but still working. By December 2013, both keys were broken, and one was falling apart. One key no longer worked in the ignition and the other key no longer worked to open the doors. One of the keys started to work intermittently in ignition. On one occasion, while away from home, it took 30 minutes to get the car started, because the vehicle did not recognize the key. The consumer stated it was clear, from the force exerted on the keys by the rubber triangles, it was a matter of when, rather than if, it will happen again. The consumer purchased a third key and was able to program it himself.

- Corvallis, OR, USA

Jan 192014

Town & Country 6-cyl

My car has a history now of shutting off while driving. I took the car in twice into the dealership and was told that they could not find the problem (car was on a belt for days and test driven as well). I spent about $800 fixing non-related issues that were supposed to solve the problem and did not solve it. Last week, my car did the same thing - turned off and locked on the freeway- and we took it in and the dealership who could not find an error. We called Chrysler and were told that although other 2010's had been recalled for an ignition issue, my van was not on the list. This morning I read that other models from 2005-2007- over 780,000 vehicles were recalled for the same problem- turning off mysteriously while driving. It happened on the freeway to my husband almost causing a crash. I am forced to trade my car in and take a financial loss. I hope that the car is not resold because I believe the ignition is faulty but the dealership would not remove the part to test and Chrysler is not doing anything to remedy the car. I hope more cars are recalled and that the company and dealership take this issue more seriously.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Nov 052013

Town & Country

The headlights dim, the radio stops, the four lights directly over the speedometer come on and off, the speedometer drops to zero when the dummy lights come on. Periodically the vehicle shuts of as it is moving. This all started happening after the NHTSA campaign #11V139000 recall on the ignition was replaced. It has been to three separate Chrysler dealers a total of seven times. It has been out of service for more than 30 days. Neither Chrysler nor the dealer wants to resolve this problem. They want to sell me a new car!

- Tampa, FL, USA

Feb 132014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Drivers side sliding door opens randomly by itself after the car is parked. It opens and closes even when the doors have been locked by the key fob or manually. Luckily it hasn't opened while driving yet. Had to disconnect the battery until we could have it checked. Called the local Chrysler dealer and they had never heard of the problem. They were no help at all and seemed to be impositioned by the question. Checking on line, there seems to be others with the same problem.

- Marquette, MI, USA

Jan 082014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated her vehicle was included in NHTSA recall campaign number: 11V139000 (electrical system) and was repaired but the failure described in the recall continued to occur. While driving her vehicle it independently shut off which also affected her brakes, power steering and engine. An appointment was scheduled with a certified Chrysler dealership. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 64,000.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Oct 132013

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact was driving 45 mph when the ignition dropped out of the vehicle and the engine stalled. The vehicle was taken to dealer for inspection however, the failure could not be duplicated. The contact was offered to replace the win module, but the vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the incident. The approximate failure mileage was 51,600. Updated 2/11/14

- Edgewater, FL, USA

Dec 092013

Town & Country 6-cyl

The head lights go out intermittently or won't come on at all. The turn signals will not work as well as the horn. Sometimes everything works and sometimes it doesn't. this is extremely dangerous while driving at night and almost caused an accident as the head lights went out while driving. I did some research online and this is a problem that many Chrysler Town and country owners have reported. The issue is believed to be the tipm.

- Munhall, PA, USA

Dec 302013

Town & Country 6-cyl

Vehicle has been shutting off while driving down the highway. Prior to this it has been turning off by itself when starting it in the driveway to warm up. This all started about 4 months ago. This is dangerous especially when you have young children also. Looking at the recall it is only for the Canada vehicles. This should'nt be the case if there is the same vehicle doing the same thing and falls into the criteria of the recall.

- Corinth, TX, USA

Dec 302013

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while traveling various speeds, the vehicle suddenly stalled. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure and informed the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number 11V139000 (electrical system). The failure mileage was approximately 77,000. Updated 2/11/14

- Corinth, TX, USA

Jul 092013

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while driving approximately 12 mph, the vehicle suddenly stalled as all of the electronics in the vehicle powered down. The vehicle was diagnosed and the key was replaced but the defect was not remedied. The contact was informed that the ignition module was replaced in 2011 under NHTSA campaign id number: 11V139000 (electrical system) by the previous owner but the defect was recurring. The manufacturer was notified and no solution was offered. The failure mileage was 75,000.

- Rahway , NJ, USA

Jan 012012

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled numerous times while driving at various speeds. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who advised that the ignition switch needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 50,000 and the current mileage was 119,000....updated 03/07/14 the motor mounts, and hub assemblies needed to be replaced. Also, the vehicle had an oil pan leak, and the heater hose failed. Updated 03/13/14

- Conroe , TX, USA

Oct 102013

Town & Country 6-cyl

Ac and radio cutting off when driving. Car engine cutting off when driving. Win module needs to be replaced. The car was already recalled for this issue.

- Ocoee, FL, USA

Sep 262013

Town & Country 8-cyl

My Chrysler Town and country 2010 van cuts off while I am driving it!!!! this has now happened 8 times! once while I was driving at 55mph!! another time I was pulling out onto the highway when my 2010 Town and country van died! cars in two lanes were blaring their horns and had to swerve off the road to keep from hitting me! I took it to the Chrysler dealer where it stayed for 13 days. They could not figure out the problem but replaced the computer(PCM). Less than 48 hours later it had happened 2 more times! I returned it to the dealership where it remains now. Chrysler has given me a case number and I am hoping for answers soon. They have refused to rent me a car thus far. I cannot seem to get Chrysler to understand (or care) how dangerous this is. I don't want to die just so my husband can sue them! help

- Easley, SC, USA

Sep 272013

Town & Country

I was driving home from work and the likes started flashing and then went out. The parking lights and fog lights were the only lights that worked. Next morning the lights worked. A few days later same thing happened while I was driving. I sent a letter to Chrysler and they wanted me to take it to dealership to get looked at. It took me a couple weeks to get it there cause my other car was in the shop. I had days that the lights would not come on and days that they worked. After taking it to dealer they simply tightened the battery cables and charged me for it. Less then a week later it is acting up again. Lights will either work, flash on and off, or not come on at all. I wrote another letter to them and have an appointment to take it in on Friday but am considering just cutting my losses and trading it in because I carry kids in my van and this is not a safe van.

- Dayton, OH, USA

Sep 102013

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated the vehicle was parked and after numerous attempts the key released from the ignition switch. The failure recurred five times. There was a recall under NHTSA campaign id number 11V139000 (electrical system;) however, the VIN was not included. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the win module was replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 49,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Green Valley , AZ, USA