2010 Chrysler Town & Country electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Town & Country:

2010 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 1 of 37)

Sep 122016

Town & Country

When ur going down the road the back doors open but there not suppose to sometimes I can't open them and sometimes I can't close them and it's not safe for the doors to open going down the road very upset I have only had the vehicle for 4 months

- Daisetta, TX, USA

Aug 182016

Town & Country

All warning lights on dash board light up while driving. Wipers come on(won't shut off), if cruise control is on gears won't change. Happens on city street and highway. Purchased in 2014 has been checked 3 times. Temporary fix 2 times. Third time I was told the best guess would cost $1,000. Emphasized that this is a guess. When I stop the vehicle and take the key out and put it back in and restart the car it helps.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

May 162015

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Sep 092016

Town & Country

I driving to take the kids to school and the key slipped into accessory mode and you lose all power and I called Chrysler and they said there is no recall on my vehicle but if you look there is 2010 but not mine I think is very fishy they said you can take it to a dealer but I have to pay for and if there is a recall for my vehicle then ill get reimbursed and it happened a couple of times last year I guess they don't care about our lives

- Sioux Falls, SD, USA

Jul 132016

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving 35 mph, the contact applied the brakes to decrease the speed; however, the vehicle stalled. The contact stated that the traction control indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure could not be determined. Prior to the failure, the vehicle was repaired per NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 105,000.

- Cranberry Township, PA, USA

Aug 292016

Town & Country

Several times the engine has suddenly turned off while driving on city streets around 25-30 mph, causing immediate loss of all power, e.g. brakes, steering, etc. And causing high probability for accidents to occur. This is a serious safety issue that has potential to result in serious injury to driver, passengers, other drivers and pedestrians. There have been multiple Chrysler recalls associated with this electrical issue, related to our specific model year (2010); however, we have not been notified by them. When inquiring in the past, we have been told that our particular VIN is not part of the recall. But the issue has now occurred at least 5 times, most recently on Aug. 29, 2016.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Aug 292015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while driving at 35 mph, the gear shift lever fractured. The contact also stated that on several occasions, the electrical system failed. The contact stated that the failure caused the air conditioner system, the interior lighting, and the radio to become inoperable. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic to be diagnosed. The failure was unable to be duplicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 77,777.

- Palm Harbor, FL, USA

Aug 012016

Town & Country

Sliding door randomly opens when car is in park.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Apr 012016

Town & Country

This vehicle was subject to recall for ignition switch replacement which was performed in February 2016 by briggs Chrysler in lawrence ks. We had experienced no problems with the car in 100,000 miles prior to recall. After the recall repair, we have experienced 2 occurrences of engine stoppage, both at slow highway speeds (~55 mph), once on interstate 70 (Illinois) and once on Missouri state route 5. on each occasion, the engine stopped and all electrical systems turned off. Due to low traffic volumes the incidents presented no hazard. After stopping the vehicle, a restart was done in both cases and the trip continued. The first was in April this year and the 2nd was 2 weeks ago. The total mileage driven from date of recall work performed to the first stoppage was approx 4,000 miles. The mileage between the first and second stoppages was approx 3,000 miles. I contacted both the dealer who performed the recall and Chrysler Corp cs. The dealer service rep said there was nothing they could do about the issue. Tonight a Chrysler cs rep told me it had to go to a dealer for a diagnosis (at my expense). I find both answers unsatisfactory. In the first case on I-70, if we had not been in a construction zone with low speed limits and single lane traffic, there would have been high potential to add myself and my wife to the 57 deaths already associated with this ongoing problem.

- Sunrise Beach, MO, USA

Aug 042016

Town & Country

My car shuts off as you are driving, car can be put into neutral and restarted as its moving. No check engine lights appear. This occurs when in motion at all speeds. This has happened on all types of forward motion, turns, high and low speeds. I have not yet had an incident involving backing up. This has happened 8 times over the last 3 weeks.

- East Fairfield, VT, USA

May 142014

Town & Country

The wireless ignition on this vehicle is not working. I cannot start the car wirelessly for the last year.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jul 302016

Town & Country

Several ignition problems and engine shutoff while driving. Often key is turned and vehicle does not start no accessory nothing. And twice while driving engine quit both times on city street. The date given below will be the latest of these incidents.

- Chesaning, MI, USA

Jun 152015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving various speeds, the engine shut off. The vehicle was pulled over and restarted. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to a local dealer who stated that there was no recall. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the ignition key needed to be replaced. The failure was not remedied. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that there was no recall. The failure mileage was approximately 65,000.

- Pflugerville, TX, USA

Oct 082015

Town & Country

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Mountain Home, ID, USA

Mar 072016

Town & Country

I was driving at night and noticed the headlight switch was very hot I also noticed the headlight switch was no longer lit so it was hard to tell what setting it was on. A few days latter the headlight switch was on but the headlights were flickering and the switch was once again red hot. I called Chrysler local service department they said sure come on in and we will have a look so I did when I got to the shop they said we need you to be aware of a diagnostic fee $125 what the hell is this I asked I told them it's still fairly new mint condition and I told you the problem they said we will not look at it unless you sign that you agree to a diagnostic fee. This is rape, yet another Chrysler defect this faulty part can cause a fire and is a hazard and a violation. After leaving the service department I headed over to auto zone they had the replacement and even offer a lifetime warranty for this replacement headlight switch so with tax and all I spent $65 and replaced the part and it's been 4 months now with no problems I did keep the old faulty part just in case. So I am here to tell the NHTSA and anyone reading this replace this part before you die in a car fire ans save money doing it and as a bonus auto zone has a lifetime warranty.

- Wantagh, NY, USA

May 022016

Town & Country

Wireless ignition node (win), have made numerous attempts to have this fixed by our local dealer, but to no avail. 1st made appointment, went to said app. But had wrong part, so they had to order part, several weeks later and several calls later, still no part available.

- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA

Aug 132012

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags and electrical system) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact stated that the vehicle randomly stalled for over two years while waiting for the dealer to supply the parts for the recall remedy. The failure mileage was not available.

- Harvey, LA, USA

Jul 212016

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Bay Minette, AL, USA

Jul 162016

Town & Country

The dash lights and other electrically powered components flicker on and off repeatedly. This happens intermittently, while sitting still and while driving, some days no issue other days numerous instances of the problem. The dealer says it is most likely the tipm module and it will cost $1000 plus to repair. As of 7-18-16 the part is experiencing a national part shortage because so many are having to be replaced on numerous Chrysler Jeep and Dodge vehicles. I have replace the battery and now on a waiting list for the tipm. The most recent incident was Saturday 7-16-16. The dash must have go on and off 25 or 30 times as I drove 12 miles to the dealer. By the time I arrived it stop flickering and has not flickered again the last two days,

- Ruskin, FL, USA

May 072014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving approximately 25 mph, the vehicle became unresponsive and the traction control light illuminated. The vehicle was restarted. The dealer, who did not seem to care about the failure, stated that the vehicle could be diagnosed for a cost. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V234000 (electrical system). The failure mileage was approximately 45,000. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Temperance, MI, USA