2010 Chrysler Town & Country electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Town & Country:

2010 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Sep 272013

Town & Country

I was driving home from work and the likes started flashing and then went out. The parking lights and fog lights were the only lights that worked. Next morning the lights worked. A few days later same thing happened while I was driving. I sent a letter to crystler and they wanted me to take it to dealership to get looked at. It took me a couple weeks to get it there cause my other car was in the shop. I had days that the lights would not come on and days that they worked. After taking it to dealer they simply tightened the battery cables and charged me for it. Less then a week later it is acting up again. Lights will either work, flash on and off, or not come on at all. I wrote another letter to them and have an appointment to take it in on Friday but am considering just cutting my losses and trading it in because I carry kids in my van and this is not a safe van

- Dayton, OH, USA

Sep 102013

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated the vehicle was parked and after numerous attempts the key released from the ignition switch. The failure recurred five times. There was a recall under NHTSA campaign id number 11V139000 (electrical system;) however, the VIN was not included. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the win module was replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 49,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Green Valley , AZ, USA

Oct 202013

Town & Country

The headlights on my vehicle suddenly went out while driving at night. This was incredibly dangerous. I had a stop, and get a hotel I could not continue my journey. I took the vehicle to a certified mechanic. It was a tipm failure. $885 to fix it. I found this is actually a common problem. This part should be recalled and fixed at the manufacture's expense.

- Carol Stream, IL, USA

Jan 312013

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while driving approximately 65 mph, the entire instrument panel and gauges failed to operate. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for diagnosis however, the technician restarted the ignition and the vehicle operated normally. The failure recurred numerous times and became worse. In addition, the engine stalled on separate occasions. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number 11V139000 (electrical system) however, the part needed to complete the service was unavailable. The manufacturer was unable to provide an expected date for the remedy part. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Moorehead, MN, USA

Aug 252013

Town & Country

The ignition key was displaced from run to accessory without being touch. This is identical to the win module recall for this model which we had replaced last year. I have seen the same thing on this site many times. The dealership reports that this is "similar" but not the "same." If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck. Please do not let them pull this on the consumer! don't just look at all the complaints and nod your head. Do something!!! we are struggling financially like so many other people and now Chrysler isn't going to honor what really should be part of the recall. Don't wait until there is a crash and death! we were going 70 miles per hour down an interstate and suddenly had not brake lights or turn signal. We were very lucky! we have been told the part is on back-order and will take at least a month! high demand for that part, isn't it"?"

- Royal, IA, USA

Nov 142012

Town & Country

On 6 occasions so far, my van has died with no warning while I have been driving in traffic. The engine light has never come on to indicate any problems. On the first 3 occasions I was driving straight in completely dry conditions when the anti slip indicator came on, stayed on, and then the van died. On the last 3 occasions no indicators came on. The van just died with no warning. We were part of the 11V139000 recall, but all of the incidents of the van dieing has happened since that recall. As I investigated this problem on the internet I received over 53,000 hits from 2010 Town and country owners experiencing this same problem. When will Chrysler be required to take responsibilty for this problem and fix it before a major accident affects my family? 11V139000 recall anti slip light stuck

- Joliet, IL, USA

Aug 202013

Town & Country

This has now happened about 3 times and is very scary and very dangerous. Driving, sitting still, doesnt matter. The engines runs fine but all other power is lost. No brake lights, no wipers, no blinker, no radio, windows wont roll down, no headlights, no heat or air and since windows wont roll down its very uncomfortable. Also cant do hand turning signs bc window wont roll down. Afraid of being rear ended due to not having brake lights or blinker. I repeat very scary especially with a van full of children. You never know when its gonna happen so its too late when it does and you have to pull over which means the person behind you better be watching bc you have no brake lights or blinker. I have researched this problem and sadly sounds to be a common thing. Chrysler needs to recall this. This is a huge problem. Imagine driving and it begins to rain witha car full of kids and uh oh no wipers, no blinker, no brake lights, no headlights. I repeat this very dangerous and scary. I don not reccomend this van to anyone until this problem is fixed. I absolutely lovd my van but I do not at the moment. Would like to get rid of it actually. This is onky after the recall where the key would turn to accessory mode and van would shut off. No power steering or anything. The guys at the Chrysler dealership repaired the recall and havent had that issue again thank goodness. Good luck to anyone else having the same issues and I pray you all stay safe.

- Lenoir City, TN, USA

Aug 142013

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while driving 30 mph, smoke emerged from the driver's side door handle and from the speakers. The interior cabin was immediately filled with smoke. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where it was stated that the switch burned out on the driver's side door panel. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 49,000.

- Anderson , IN, USA

Aug 142013

Town & Country

Our van already had a recall for the win module and it was replaced a year ago. While my wife was driving my children to school the ac, instrument lights, turn signals, windows and who know what else stopped working such as brake lights. We went to the dealership, acadiana Dodge, and they claimed that, even though we had an extended warrantee, Chrysler would not cover replacing the win module again. I don't know, but it seems like a component that could potentially shut down the engine and cause a wreck should be replaced by the dealership if it is a known problem component.

- Lafayette, LA, USA

Jun 162013

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while driving 70 mph, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was restarted and operated as designed. The fourth recurred four times. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnosis but no cause for the failure was found. The vehicle was returned after subsequent failures and the mechanic stated that the failure was due to defective win modules. The contact was informed of a recall under NHTSA campaign number: 11V139000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure but informed her that the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 63,000.

- Vinson, IA, USA

Jul 252013

Town & Country

After starting the vehicle I realized that there was no power to the dashboard/radio area. This meant that the radio, wiper blades, A/C, lights, power windows, power doors or any buttons. After driving it home it would come on and off sporadically. I took it to be looked at and they couldn't find anything wrong. I kept driving it and it would shut off and come back on periodically. It became a problem when I was driving and it was raining and the power shut off and I had no windshield wipers. Luckily there was no accident at that time. I finally found a national tire and battery that figured out that it was the totally integrated power module. This vehicle is way too new to be having electrical problems! after some research I have found that a lot of these vans are having this dangerous problem.

- Canal Winchester, OH, USA

Jul 212013

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while driving approximately 5 mph, the engine stalled without warning. The vehicle failed to restart and was towed to an authorized dealer. The technician informed the contact that the ignition control module would need to be replaced. The vehicle was being repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 98,100.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Jul 052013

Town & Country 6-cyl

2010 Chrysler town&country mini-van's electric system quit (engine and all electric shutdown) while in motion. Does not recognize key and will not start. Key fob 'panic', 'lock' and 'unlock' are operational. Dealer refuses to honor NHTSA recall regarding ignition problems. Receiving module no. 5026875ae is defective and requires replacement w/two keys (56046706ae) due to rf difference in old and replacement key w/receiving unit. Dealer is demanding $1,200 (plus Washington S/T) and $120 'diagnostic' fee for repair. Requesting any help and advice available.

- Puyallup, WA, USA

Jun 182013

Town & Country

The ignition would not move past the accessory mode even when the vehicle was in park. The key would not leave the ignition. The vehicle had to be left running for a short time before the key would finally move. There have been numerous other issues with the ignition and key including the key falling out, coming loose and causing the electronics to shut off (gear selector still in park prevented the engine from being shut off), including turn signals.

- Atchison, KS, USA

Jun 052012

Town & Country 6-cyl

The car has stalled three times in about a year and a half, also the ignition system does not start I turn the key on and I only hear a click, some times the starter sticks until the engine runs. I had time that I am trying to start the car for several minutes. The battery has been changed twice at the dealer they say it was damaged but they do not find the cause. I a afraid this is something serious.

- Hayward, CA, USA

Jun 032013

Town & Country 6-cyl

My vehicle has been recalled and "fixed" under the below recall. Report receipt date: Mar 01, 2011 NHTSA campaign number: 11V139000 component(s): Electrical system however, recently I have experienced at least two incidents where the turn signal and other electrical equipment has not worked. What I tracked the cause down to was the "fix" which was installed some time ago. What is happening, the fix does not consistently allow the ignition key to return back to the normal accessory position when driving. Thus, when in an in-between position, this engine may be running, but the turn signals and other equipment (radio, etc.) which should operate, does not.

- Rochestter Hills, MI, USA

Mar 012013

Town & Country 6-cyl

My T&C began leaking from under the dash on the passenger side. At first it was intermittent and usually after a heavy rain, when I would turn on my ac/defrost/heat. We had our vehicle inspected for a leak. None was found, neither was the source of the water coming inside the vehicle. Now the water drips all the time, as long as the HVAC controls are on. It is now affecting the HVAC controls: Although I'm trying not to run it, when on I can feel the cool air but it is not blowing. I suspect the motors to the HVAC and possibly wipers are being effected by whatever is going on under the dash. It has all happened around the same time. There is no recall for this issue for my model year, but the same exact issue was recalled on the 08 model. "these vehicles may experience a heating and air conditioner (HVAC) condensate leak from the HVAC drain grommet onto the occupant restraint control (orc) module, which can lead to the illumination of the airbag warning light and a potential inadvertent airbag deployment without warning. Consequence:an inadvertent airbag deployment could result in injury to the seat occupant in front of the deploying airbag and/or a vehicle crash." When I told this to Chrysler Corp, they said there was nothing they could do. So I said, so who do I call to settle a law suit when the airbag deploys with out warning and causes me to crash, putting me and my young children in severe danger? she said, well you need to go to a dealership and get it fixed.I know that, and I will, but I think it is negligent on their part to not accept for a manufacturers defect that they are familiar with from previous T&C years. Now I have to go accrue a huge bill for Chrysler to take apart the dash and fix their problem with my vehicle. I just don't think it's right.

- Summerville, SC, USA

Feb 242013

Town & Country 6-cyl

For the third time in the past month, the vehicle shutdown while traveling. In the most recent incident we were driving down an interstate when it shut off. The vehicle started back up after shifting to neutral and turning the ignition. There are numerous reports on the internet of this happening, but Chrysler says this particular VIN was not included in its 2011 recall for a faulty ignition (or any recall). We're concerned about the safety of a vehicle that shuts down for no reason while in motion.

- Grosse Pointe Woods, MI, USA

Feb 142013

Town & Country

The vehicle having this issue was a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. Driving and suddenly the headlights start flickering on and off and bright and dim. It was happening individually, so one light may be on and the other one off. Finally they both stopped and it was only the parking lights and fog lights working. Nothing would make them work. Drove later that same night and it was fine until I turned my lights on bright. I almost had a wreck when the lights went completely out and would not come back on. Chrysler needs to identify this problem and recall or extend free repairs for this asap before a fatal accident. It was 2/14/2013 when this electrical system issue happened and is consistentely happening.

- Plant City, FL, USA

Jan 212013

Town & Country

The driver side door opens on its own with the car is turned off. Upon leaving my vehicle, I check to make sure all of the doors are closed. At random times, day or night, the door will open. The key fab are sometimes not even in range. ## VIN failed ##

- Buffalo, NY, USA