2010 Chrysler Town & Country electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Town & Country:

2010 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 1 of 38)

Nov 072016

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving, the headlights failed without warning. The dealer stated that the tipm failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that there was no recall. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- Hobart, NY, USA

May 162015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Defuniak Springs, FL, USA

Nov 132016

Town & Country

Car was parked overnight in the garage. When I came out in the morning to leave my home car would not start. I thought it was the starter and had it replaced. Starter engages but engine does not start or crank. I tried two key fobs and still nothing. Every mechanic believes there is an issue with the immobilizer but unable to check at dealer because I cannot start the car. I believe there is a malfunction in the ignition.

- Spring Hill, FL, USA

Sep 302016

Town & Country

My check engline light comes on and then my headlights and my brights will not work. They flicker on and then turn off. The error code says it is the tpim that needs to be replaced. Upon googling I have discovered this is an extremely common problem of Chrysler that they seem to just ignore. I was driving home at night with my 5 year old daughter, through the back roads of Michigan when my lights went off. I had to drive for almost 2 hours with no lights with my daughter in the car. The repair shop cleared the code and it worked, but then it came on again last week and now my lights aren't working again.

- Westland, MI, USA

Oct 252016

Town & Country

My Chrysler Town and country shuts off the engine with no warning. It has happened mostly at lower speeds and often while turning a corner in the first five minutes of operation, but this week it happened on interstate exit ramp after several hours of highway driving. Two years ago I had the whole integrated power module replaced at my expense. Checked with Chrysler customer service and no recall has ever been issued. I asked if others had reported similar problems and the lady said she personally had never received any report which made me think the company knows all about it. So far the vehicle has restarted without a problem, but when it fails and you lose power steering it is a hazard to get to safety. My wife is afraid to drive the car because she cannot steer it without the power assist. Dealer offered no suggestions beyond paying $150 for a diagnostic service. No warnings show on the dash. Date below is the most recent example. The car has 117,000 miles now.

- Mishawaka, IN, USA

Jul 122016

Town & Country

The driver's side door side mirrors/window/lock switch got wet due to heavy rain. The locking part no longer worked, either in motion or standing. I brought it to gandrud in gb three times. They could not find a code to tell them what was wrong. They offered to tear apart the door to try to find the problem, possibly costing me $800. They didn't care that if I had to drive in milwaukee and intruder tried to get in my van I would not be safe.I finally decided to try to fix it myself. Found out there was a recall but my vehicle wasn't included (I called the Chrysler recall line). I bought the component and voila! it worked. Very disappointed with service and that my vehicle was not included in the recall..

- Green Bay, WI, USA

Oct 062016

Town & Country

My Town and country's headlights were intermittently going out, of course a danger. Then they would not turn on, which did not let me drive at night. They would flicker 3 times upon startup. And now I've lost all power to the entire vehicle. This seems similar to people who have experienced tipm issues common to Chrysler/Dodge cars. They should be held accountable and be forced to fix and or reimburse owners with this problem. It is a safety hazard and a costly problem due to a flawed product.

- Dillsburg, PA, USA

Sep 012016

Town & Country

Dash lights on instrument panel/cluster are not working. Can not see how fast I am going unless I hold a light to the panel. Took it to the dealer for diagnosis. Instructed that the instrument panel needed replaced. Part at the dealership is $500 plus 3 hours of labor. Vehicle can be in motion and stationary and I still have no dash lights.

- Great Bend, KS, USA

Jun 152015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the vehicle randomly stalled several times without warning. The vehicle was taken to a mechanic at a repair shop more than three times, but they were unable to replicate and diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and provided no solution. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign numbers: 11V139000 (electrical system) and 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system). The contact was unable to determine if the vehicle would be repaired. The failure mileage was not available.

- Three Bridges, NJ, USA

Sep 012016

Town & Country

Headlights failed while on a drive in the country, at night, on a windy, mountainous road. Problem was traced to a faulty tipm at fairly low mileage. Very dangerous! my family was in the car, and we could've all been killed.

- Kirkwood, MO, USA

Sep 122016

Town & Country

When ur going down the road the back doors open but there not suppose to sometimes I can't open them and sometimes I can't close them and it's not safe for the doors to open going down the road very upset I have only had the vehicle for 4 months

- Daisetta, TX, USA

Aug 182016

Town & Country

All warning lights on dash board light up while driving. Wipers come on(won't shut off), if cruise control is on gears won't change. Happens on city street and highway. Purchased in 2014 has been checked 3 times. Temporary fix 2 times. Third time I was told the best guess would cost $1,000. Emphasized that this is a guess. When I stop the vehicle and take the key out and put it back in and restart the car it helps.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

May 162015

Town & Country

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Sep 092016

Town & Country

I driving to take the kids to school and the key slipped into accessory mode and you lose all power and I called Chrysler and they said there is no recall on my vehicle but if you look there is 2010 but not mine I think is very fishy they said you can take it to a dealer but I have to pay for and if there is a recall for my vehicle then ill get reimbursed and it happened a couple of times last year I guess they don't care about our lives

- Sioux Falls, SD, USA

Jul 132016

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving 35 mph, the contact applied the brakes to decrease the speed; however, the vehicle stalled. The contact stated that the traction control indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure could not be determined. Prior to the failure, the vehicle was repaired per NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 105,000. Updated 10/13/16

- Cranberry Township, PA, USA

Aug 292016

Town & Country

Several times the engine has suddenly turned off while driving on city streets around 25-30 mph, causing immediate loss of all power, e.g. brakes, steering, etc. And causing high probability for accidents to occur. This is a serious safety issue that has potential to result in serious injury to driver, passengers, other drivers and pedestrians. There have been multiple Chrysler recalls associated with this electrical issue, related to our specific model year (2010); however, we have not been notified by them. When inquiring in the past, we have been told that our particular VIN is not part of the recall. But the issue has now occurred at least 5 times, most recently on Aug. 29, 2016.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Aug 292015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while driving at 35 mph, the gear shift lever fractured. The contact also stated that on several occasions, the electrical system failed. The contact stated that the failure caused the air conditioner system, the interior lighting, and the radio to become inoperable. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic to be diagnosed. The failure was unable to be duplicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 77,777.

- Palm Harbor, FL, USA

Aug 012016

Town & Country

Sliding door randomly opens when car is in park.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Apr 012016

Town & Country

This vehicle was subject to recall for ignition switch replacement which was performed in February 2016 by briggs Chrysler in lawrence ks. We had experienced no problems with the car in 100,000 miles prior to recall. After the recall repair, we have experienced 2 occurrences of engine stoppage, both at slow highway speeds (~55 mph), once on interstate 70 (Illinois) and once on Missouri state route 5. on each occasion, the engine stopped and all electrical systems turned off. Due to low traffic volumes the incidents presented no hazard. After stopping the vehicle, a restart was done in both cases and the trip continued. The first was in April this year and the 2nd was 2 weeks ago. The total mileage driven from date of recall work performed to the first stoppage was approx 4,000 miles. The mileage between the first and second stoppages was approx 3,000 miles. I contacted both the dealer who performed the recall and Chrysler Corp cs. The dealer service rep said there was nothing they could do about the issue. Tonight a Chrysler cs rep told me it had to go to a dealer for a diagnosis (at my expense). I find both answers unsatisfactory. In the first case on I-70, if we had not been in a construction zone with low speed limits and single lane traffic, there would have been high potential to add myself and my wife to the 57 deaths already associated with this ongoing problem.

- Sunrise Beach, MO, USA

Aug 042016

Town & Country

My car shuts off as you are driving, car can be put into neutral and restarted as its moving. No check engine lights appear. This occurs when in motion at all speeds. This has happened on all types of forward motion, turns, high and low speeds. I have not yet had an incident involving backing up. This has happened 8 times over the last 3 weeks.

- East Fairfield, VT, USA