2010 Chrysler Town & Country engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Town & Country:

2010 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 5 of 8)

Mar 112015

Town & Country 6-cyl

Out of nowhere vehicle stops running, no check engine lights, but van shuts off. This has happened a dozen or so times in the last few weeks. Took the van to local shop for diagnostic test. No codes appeared, tested fuel pump and egr value, not problems there. Mechanic unable to detect issue. I've noticed other complaints online and a recall for 2010 Chrysler T&C vans, but not my vehicle (built on 9/26/2012).

- Maple Grove, MN, USA

Mar 132015

Town & Country 6-cyl

All systems shut off while driving at approximately 50mph including power steering, power brakes, engine and other electrical systems.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Mar 132015

Town & Country 6-cyl

Van unexpectedly shut down completely. Idle at red stop light, noticed traction control sensor was stuck on even though road conditions were normal, no rain, no snow so didn't think much of it. Seconds past, stop light turned green, went to drive via giving the car gas and nothing happened, brakes weren't being recognized, steering was extremely tight. Realized at that point that the van completely shut down (in drive! ignition on!) was able to coast to the side. Turned ignition to off, restarted. Now afraid to drive because I don't understand what happened. I could have totally been rear ended since this happened so suddenly. I was lucky to not be on a major street or roadway. Now I am getting no answers from Chrysler Corp. I feel its part of this revised L25 recall I seen on NHTSA.

- Elwood, IL, USA

Mar 072015

Town & Country 6-cyl

Driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan full of girl scouts and the engine shutoff without warning. A car came very close to hitting us. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit us.

Feb 282015

Town & Country 6-cyl

As I was driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine shutoff on a main street. I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My kids were with me. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me.

Feb 032015

Town & Country 6-cyl

As I was driving my kids to school in my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine shutoff on a main street. I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and glided over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My kids were with me. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me.

Jan 192015

Town & Country 6-cyl

Driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan to work and the engine shutoff on a main street. I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. I could have been severely been injured if the car behind me had hit me.

Jan 072015

Dec 232014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine shutoff without any warning! I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My whole family was with me. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me.

Oct 052014

Town & Country 6-cyl

As I was driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine shutoff on a main street. I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and I glided over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My kids were with me. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me.

Feb 142015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was able to restart and functioned as normal. The failure occurred on multiple occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who was unable to duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 85,000.

- New Market, AL, USA

Feb 222015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while at a traffic stop, the vehicle decelerated and smoke started to emit from under the hood. After inspecting the vehicle, the contact found that the coolant holder and the heater hose fitting fractured causing the coolant to spill. The contact suffered minor burns to the hands and face. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 29,000. Updated 5/4/15

- Wantagh , NY, USA

Mar 022015

Town & Country

Chrysler has issued a recall for many of there 2009-2011 Town and country's. because of the wireless node being bad which make the key flop around in the ignition. However there is another side to that same ignition it can also lock in the on position causing you not to be able to shut the car off or remove the key from the ignition it will also cause the key end to break off in the ignition I have read many blogs were this is happening to thousands of people and now it has just happened to me. I feel this is a major safety issue because your not able to deenergize the power in the car. I have and so have thousand of other people have called Chrysler to have this problem resolved and get some help with the outrageous cost incurred to repair a major known issue that Chrysler knows about. Unfortunately we have all been told well its not our problem by Chrysler. This is a major problem because it renders the car totally useless undrivable if the key breaks in the ignition.

- Mercer, PA, USA

Feb 022015

Town & Country 6-cyl

We were driving at about 20-25 mph, and the car stalled in the street and the electronic stability control light came on. We put the vehicle in park, and re-started the van. The van worked fine for about three days and did it again. It has done this a total of 5 times in the last month.

- Buckley, WA, USA

Feb 022015

Town & Country 6-cyl

Several times while in normal driving conditions, the engine simply shut off. No power steering, no power brakes. Luckily there was no traffic behind us. We wiggled the ignition key and the engine started back up. This has happened to me twice in the last month and to my wife numerous time over the past couple of months.

- Louisville, NE, USA

Aug 042014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while driving at 50 mph, the engine stalled. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Middlebury, IN, USA

Nov 012014

Town & Country

I was driving in light traffic and the engine suddenly cut off. I was traveling at about 40mph. Fortunately there was no wreck. This has happened a total of 4 times now in the few months that I have owned the vehicle. I bought the vehicle on October 3, 2014.

- Lilburn, Ga, GA, USA

Jul 312014

Town & Country 6-cyl

The engine just shuts off without warning. Sometimes it will restart immediately, sometimes it just cranks for a min, then kicks over and runs rough eventually smoothing out. We have noticed the key is rotating out of the on position, sometimes fully into acc, sometimes just a little out of on. 2 dealers have looked at it, but the computer doesn't log any codes and they cant replicate the issue, so the mechanics can't fix anything. This falls inline with the L25 recall issues. This van was built 2 weeks after the L25 recall stops. I have found the parts online for under $20 but cannot replace them as the computer needs programmed. This vehicle is dangerous to us and everyone else on the road around us as we have no power steering or power brakes.

- North Canton, OH, USA

Jan 222015

Town & Country 6-cyl

This incident has happened several times. Car stalls while driving at any speed. It will then restart immediately. This is a dangerous situation and almost caused a couple of wrecks. Chrysler says there are no recalls on this vehicle and hard to diagnose. Yet on other 2010S 4.0 vehicles there are recalls for the exact same problem.

- Mt Washington , KY, USA

Jan 102015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving at 45 mph, the vehicle stalled and an unknown warning light illuminated. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was able to restart on the second attempt. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 142,000.

- Missouri City, TX, USA