2010 Chrysler Town & Country engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Town & Country:

2010 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 012010

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler town & county. While driving approximately 10 mph the vehicle stalled. Upon restarting the vehicle it began to function normally. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where they were unable to diagnose the failure because they could not duplicate it. The failure has since recurred twice while driving approximately 40 mph and 20 mph. After the second failure the vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 2,000 and the current mileage was 16,251. Updated 02/11/11 updated 05/2/11

- Laguna Niguel, CA, USA

Feb 162010

Town & Country

I have a new town and country it is now 9 months old. I started having problems with the car approximately 4 months after purchase. I was just driving down the road and the car stalled it just shuts off there is no warning at all. This has happened on several different occasions. I have had the car back to the dealer on several different occasions for this problem. It happened to me once while I was turning out onto a busy road and the car stalled right at the on ramp to the highway. I was with my two children in the car. I drove the car to the dealer the next day and told them I would not drive it anymore they needed to figure it out. They took the car but, when I got it back within a week it happened again. I have also had trouble with the tire pressure monitor system coming on constantly but, there is nothing wrong with the tires. Also I was away with my family but, I was again alone with my children and we pulled into a kohls parking lot in New Jersey and the car shut off and would not turn back on. I could not lock or unlock the vehicle. Nothing worked I called the dealer because I was in a N unfamiliar place and they got me to road side assistance. While I waited for road side assistance the car just started again on its on. This has now happened on 2 different occasions. When driving on the highway now when I put on the brakes the whole car shakes. I have had this vehicle in to the dealer at least 5 or 6 times for all of these problems that are never resolved. This is a brand new car and I do not feel safe driving around with my kids in it. I have also contacted Chrysler at their vehicle complaint department and have gotten no satisfaction there either.

- Billerica, MA, USA

Jun 132010

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler town and country. The contact stated that when she is driving, at any speed, the vehicle would stall without warning. The dealer performed a diagnostic but was unable to duplicate the failure or produce any failure codes. The failure recurred the very next day. The manufacturer was contacted and advised they would switch the vehicle with a different vehicle but the contact was not satisfied with the deal offered by the manufacturer. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 8,000 and the current mileage was 10,256.

- Fort Washington , MD, USA

Jul 042010

Town & Country 6-cyl

Owner of 2010 Chrysler Town & Country limited with 4.0L V-6 reports that vehicle stalled at a red light and could not be restarted. Vehicle towed to nearest Chrysler dealer. Dtc P0688 asd/main sensor circuit. Found blown fuse F343 circuit. Repl fuse and started okay, but did wiggle tests on PCM harness and vehicle stalled again. Traced problem to wire in harness shorting out against lower intake manifold by the upper radiator hose. Replaced entire wiring harness with new one, and added extra conduit to harness to prevent wires rubbing against intake manifold and shorting again. Warranty repair. Tested okay; no dtcs; do stalling.

- Eden Prairie, MN, USA

May 012010

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town & Country. While driving at approximately 40 mph, the vehicle slightly jerked and the steering became extremely stiff. The vehicle then stalled without warning. The contact was able to restart the engine and the vehicle resumed normal operation. The dealer was unable to duplicate the failure. Later, while driving at 25 mph, the failure recurred. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where the failure again, was unable to be duplicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was unavailable. The failure mileage was 5,200 and the current mileage was 6,777.

- Macomb, MI, USA

Jan 042010

Town & Country

I was preparing to leave the parking lot of a local hardware store. I backed out far enough to be able to turn the steering to the left and move into the driving lane. I stopped and put my vehicle in the drive gear and I put my foot lightly on the accelerator pedal. I heard a loud screaming sound and my vehicle lurched forward. I put my foot on the brake but my vehicle would not stop. I hit the car parked on my immediate left and my foot was knocked off the brake pedal by the impact. My vehicles motor was still racing and I ran into the second vehicle parked next to the first on my left. I got my foot back on the brake just before my vehicle hit the third vehicle two parking spaces from the second vehicle. At that time my vehicle started to idle. I called Chrysler motors and told them what happened. I received a letter later stating that they inspected and found no problem with the acceleration. My insurance company allstate was supposed to inspect my vehicle but never did and gave me no reason for not inspecting it. I am very upset that my insurance has gone up by $579 a year. I know that I did not cause the accident.

- Modesto, CA, USA