2010 Chrysler Town & Country engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Town & Country:

2010 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 212011

Town & Country 6-cyl

Spouse was entering a parking space with foot on brake, when vehicle unexpectedly accelerated, jumping over stop curb and hitting bushes. This is the second time this has occurred, but the first time the vehicle was in park. Vehicle is a 2010 model with 8000 miles. Vehicle was taken to Chrysler dealership for evaluation and body repair. Cost was just over $1000, half of which I had to pay due to insurance deductible. Chrysler rep has inspected car, but I have no decision from him yet. Damage was mostly cosmetic (bumper, scratches, wheel well and tire pressure module).

- Valrico, FL, USA

Jul 172010

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town & Country. While driving approximately 60 mph the vehicle independently engaged into cruise control until pressure was applied to the brakes. The failure recurred twice. The contact also stated that while driving approximately 80 mph the windshield wipers turned on and various service lights began to illuminate on the dashboard. The speedometer and fuel gauge also began to display the improper readings and the windows would not function. The radio, navigation system and air conditioning unit also stopped working. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer where the vehicle was in the process of being examined to determine the cause of failure. The failure and current mileages were 1,000.

- Williamsburg, VA, USA

Jan 042010

Town & Country

I was preparing to leave the parking lot of a local hardware store. I backed out far enough to be able to turn the steering to the left and move into the driving lane. I stopped and put my vehicle in the drive gear and I put my foot lightly on the accelerator pedal. I heard a loud screaming sound and my vehicle lurched forward. I put my foot on the brake but my vehicle would not stop. I hit the car parked on my immediate left and my foot was knocked off the brake pedal by the impact. My vehicles motor was still racing and I ran into the second vehicle parked next to the first on my left. I got my foot back on the brake just before my vehicle hit the third vehicle two parking spaces from the second vehicle. At that time my vehicle started to idle. I called Chrysler motors and told them what happened. I received a letter later stating that they inspected and found no problem with the acceleration. My insurance company allstate was supposed to inspect my vehicle but never did and gave me no reason for not inspecting it. I am very upset that my insurance has gone up by $579 a year. I know that I did not cause the accident.

- Modesto, CA, USA