2.3

2011 Chrysler Town & Country brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chrysler Town & Country:

2011 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Nov 012016

Town & Country

My complaint is the tipm module just like many Dodge and Chrysler. And Chrysler thinks they can pick and choose who they reward an recall too. This is a faulty part on all Chrysler for several years and they know it! but when I get done with this class action law suit I am about to start I hope all paying Chrysler and Dodge customer get money they deserve!

- Perdido, AL, USA

Aug 082016

Town & Country

Van air bag light comes on and off, even after I paid $267 to fix it. Also van will not start, just makes a thud sound or cranks but does not start until 4-5 tries or after a few minutes.had to dealer 5 times.also cannot pass inspection because computer chip blank.and van died 8/8/2016 and was towed to shop and found battery completely drained and needed a new battery.was charged $385.20 for diagnostics and new battery. Something is not right. I have read of thousands of Chrysler owners with same problems and Chrysler will not acknowledge the problems.main cause, bad tipm.

- Wall, NJ, USA

Jul 182016

Town & Country

Electrical system malfunction. The back up sensors do not work, the safety backup video does not work, it says my tires have 0 pressure, it will not start after being shut off. Tipm problem? way too many people have complaints about the vehicles electric system related to the fuel system and engine not starting. This is clearly enough evidence to warrant a tipm recall. If you know what the problem is exactly, could you let me know because we are trying to find a solution.

- Parma, OH, USA

Dec 012015

Town & Country

Randomly closes the powered doors and doesn't stop when obstructed, several trips to the dealer and no issues found. Always when in park and with all 3 methods of opening the door, fod, manually and interior button. Warning lights keep coming off and on (check engine and tire pressure low) but service shop says no issue. Autostart doesn't work much of the time but service center says when check engine light is on it won't. I autostarted my car but it wouldn't let me press the brakes, push the start button, put it in drive to operate the vehicle then it died. I was able to start again but it immediately died again several times. I was tehn locked in and the lights and horn kept flashing, the locks would not unlock. It very frequently does not detect the key and will randomly beep that the key is not detected while driving and will not start at all with the key in hand.

- Des Moines, IA, USA

Nov 012015

Town & Country

After being in the shop for 4 weeks they took a tipm off of another vehicle to see it that would fixed mine. It finally will start, I got it out of the shop on 10/20/15. I have had no problems until 11/1/15 around 9 P.M. my van was in my driveway and I heard a horn and looked outside my lights where on and the van was running. My keys where in my purse across the room. It was the weirdest thing. I went out there, the doors were locked and running. I had to get my keys and cut it off. I hope I am not fixing to start having problems with this tipm.

- Pontotoc, MS, USA

Oct 152015

Town & Country

While attempting to start ignition this morning, the engine cranked over once then stalled and would not restart. All dash lights and radio worked however power windows worked intermittently. After about twenty minutes, the engine finally started but the traction control off light remained illuminated for another ten minutes or so.

- Daly City, CA, USA

Sep 102015

Town & Country

For a week I had trouble getting vehicle to start, on 9/10/15 only 5 months after buying vehicle it starting loosing power while I was driving 45 mph down a busy highway. No lights came on indicating there was no power it just started slowing down, so I pulled over which was very hard to do because the steering wheel was tight and the brakes were tight as well. Finally got it to crank so I could get to a safe place off of the side of the road. I had it towed to a local mechanic who stated it was fuel pump but he wanted dealership look at it to be sure that was the only thing. They towed in on 9/16/15. Was not able to get it fixed until 9/23/15, when I had my husband take me to pick it up. I drove it across town to work, at lunch would not crank. They had to tow it back to dealership where they informed me there was a bad connector and was fixing that. After fixing that still would not crank so they have been going wire for wire trying to find out the problem because the tipm is on national backorder so unable to get a new one for now. It has been 3 weeks without my van.

- Pontotoc, MS, USA

Jan 232015

Town & Country 6-cyl

The vehicle shut off completely while being driven, on the way to coming to a stop. It would not restart. The vehicle was towed to the dealership where it was determined it had a faulty tipm, which was replaced for $1151. Upon picking the vehicle up from the dealership, it was noticed that both front turn signals were no longer working, and a warning box popped up about this issue. Also, a warning light of a battery appeared on the dash, and now the car has to return to the dealership for these issues. I feel the shutting off of the car could have been extremely dangerous, considering the bad weather (icy roads) and if I had been traveling at a higher speed.

- Bethlehem, PA, USA

Aug 112014

Town & Country 6-cyl

It seems to be the same issue that was recalled in the 2008, 2009, 2010 Chrysler Town and country vehicles. The key is very loose in the ignition and moves around causing the power to go out in the car. I spoke to several dealers which told me it is the same problem as the vehicles that were recalled in previous years. The car has to be repaired and the quoted repair was approximately $400 because it is unsafe to drive. It almost caused an accident last evening.

- Drums, PA, USA