9.5

2011 Chrysler Town & Country electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chrysler Town & Country:

2011 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Dec 012011

Town & Country 6-cyl

Vehicle back up camera too dim and not visible in bright sunlight.

- Belton, SC, USA

Jul 252011

Town & Country

In my 2011 T&C, the backup camera is too dim to see in daylight. It can be used at night and it's moderately useful on a dark day. But in full sunlight the camera screen just cannot be seen well enough to be useful. I have the rbz radio in it. I had the same radio in a 2010 T&C and at first that camera was just as bad. I found S technical service bulletin showing a software update for that problem on the internet, and once the dealer updated the software, the backup camera was dramatically better. Now, I buy a 2011..., and they seem to have gone backward. It's just as bad or even worse than the 2010. I took it back to the dealer and they fiddled with it and checked other vehicles, but they said they are all the same, even though they admit it's too dim to use in sunlight and that the software update they did on my 2010 made a huge improvement. Unfortunately, they say there is nothing they can do until Chrysler sends out either a solution or a software update doing to my 2011 radio, the same fix they did to my 2010. For a vehicle that has a sticker price getting close to $40,000, I find this disappointing. I like everything else about the van, but the fact that it's so good otherwise just makes this problem even more frustrating!

- Streamwood, IL, USA