2012 Chrysler Town & Country body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chrysler Town & Country:

2012 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Jun 032016

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler Town and country. After the liftgate was opened, it independently closed without warning. The contact sustained a pinched arm that did not require medical attention. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 12V191000 (equipment). The failure mileage was 104,000.

- Texarkana, AR, USA

Jun 012016

Town & Country 6-cyl

2012 Chrysler Town & Country. Attorney representing consumer writes in regards to consumer sustained serious injury when vehicle open power lift gate fell and struck consumer.

- Buffalo, NY, USA

Apr 112014

Town & Country

The rear-liftgate of our 2012 Chrysler Town & Country slammed shut on April 11, 2014. Thankfully, we weren't underneath it at the time. Both struts gave out at the same time. We took it in for service on April 12, 2014 and I described to the service manager how dangerous this problem might be, should someone be under the liftgate. That liftgate is 400 lbs., coming down rapidly and slamming shut. He noted that he would discuss it "up his chain" at Chrysler and advised that I discuss my concern when I get surveyed from my service call. I've yet to be surveyed, so he provided me with your contact information. I am fearful that someone may get seriously hurt by this slamming liftgate. For us, we will no longer walk underneath the liftgate as it is raising up, until it is fully open and stopped.

- Davison, MI, USA