2012 Chrysler Town & Country lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chrysler Town & Country:

2012 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Jan 102016

Town & Country

Chrysler Town and country would not start. I put the key in the ignition, turned it on, the van would not start however windows would roll down and radio would play. Replaced the battery and issue remained. Would stop to get gas a D when. I got back in the van it would not start. This happened several times. One minute it ran just fine and next thing you know it wouldn't start. Leaving me stranded with my 3 kids numerous times. Took it to a dealership and had to pay to replace the tipm. Now there are issues with the rear ac. It works when it wants to. Some days it works just fine and other days it doesnt. It is currently in the shop to have this issue resolved. I have videos of exactly what happened at the gas stations when we were stranded. The video shows my husband putting the key in and the car not starting.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Mar 242016

Town & Country

My wife was driving the vehicle at night on a two-lane highway when all of the lights went out and she could not see the road. She was able to get the van stopped in the roadway as there was no other traffic at the time. When she opened the door to see of the dome light would come on, the lights came back on and she was able to get back home. Had there been more traffic, it would have been a much more dangerous situation.

- Federal Dam, MN, USA

Apr 082015

Town & Country

I would like to file a complaint and have a inquiry opened about a Chrysler and faulty safety device blind spot detection system on one of their vehicles that fails repeatedly time and time again but doesn't have a company recall. I have a active case open with Chrysler and have tried to get them to review this safety feature that fails without notice on perfect mint conditions vehicles Chrysler Town and country minivans. There a very numerous cases of this that has a price tag that is extremely expensive for the part in the car. Two 3" X 3" plastic boxes are over $1100 each and will not work if one fails so both have to be replaced at the same time causing a $2200-$3000 expenditure are very limited mileage on the vehicle.

- Endwell, NY, USA

Apr 182014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler Town and country. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who stated that both fog light lens and attached wiring were burned. There were no visible flames. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 44,000.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Apr 182014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated his fog lights failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was unable to determine what caused the failure but stated that the fog lights needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 44,000, and the current mileage was 44,500.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Feb 272014

Town & Country

Automatic headlights turn off when driving. It has happened twice now. If driver doesn't react quickly and turn lights from automatic on to manual on there could be an accident.

- Effingham, IL, USA

Dec 192013

Town & Country 6-cyl

I was driving on john R rd. In troy, mi at approximately 5:45 P.M. on 12/19/13 when my headlights that were set on auto suddenly went out and stayed off. It was totally dark at that time. The lights did work manually. I have had multiple incidents since than including one at 70 mph on the expressway. Prior to this I have had a lot of irregular problems with the automatic lights turning on. I have taken the car to the dealer but they have been unable to determine the problem.

- Rochester Hills, MI, USA

Oct 012012

Town & Country 6-cyl

Headlamps are extreamly high off road when on high beam. Chrysler tells me there is no fix it is a single unit system and in order to lower the high beams they also will lower low beams. When they adj high beams I lose my low beams and they are so low I have no night vision on low beam they stop about 35 feet in front of the vehicle and go no farther due to them being adjusted extreamly low. I can not drive the vehicle at night time. The dealer agrees with me that the headlamps are out of adjustment and that they have had 5/6 new cars owner complain about the headlamps but there is nothing they can do about it. They advised me the headlamps are hight and at five feets from the vehical they they test 12" high so at 100 feet they are in the trees..... the vehical is unsafe to drive at night I have been told there is nothing that can be done. I have had this vehicle to two dealerships for a total of 3 times and the headlamps are still unsafe at this time.

- Erlanger, KY, USA