2013 Chrysler Town & Country miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chrysler Town & Country:

2013 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Jul 152016

Town & Country

Our car was parked in the driveway. We opened the side door then closed it. When the door closed the back window blew out.

- Arleta, CA, USA

Sep 272013

Town & Country

My 2013 Chrysler Town & Country has an exhaust leak. The exhaust fumes come into the cabin area of the vehicle when driving. Linwood motors in paducah, ky 42001 phone # 800-326-7604 have worked on the vehicle several times. The mechanics at linwood motors claim to have replaced the exhaust system twice, but it still leaks. On July 14, 2014 found exhaust leaking into A/C vents & blowing into cab. Tech replaced entire exhaust system. Test drove with carbon dioxide monitor from walmart, which will only detect at 30 ppm's or higher. If the monitor had indicated that there was carbon monoxide in the cab; a person could only be exposed to his level for one hour before needing to be removed to fresh air! when the vehicle was returned to us, it still was leaking exhaust fumes into the cab. We made an appointment to put the vehicle back into the shop at linwood motors on September 8, 2014 at 2 pm. When my wife and I arrived at linwood motors rick kupper and kevin jones refused to put the 2013 Chrysler T&C into the maintenance shop because they had expended all the resources the company would allow. After the 2013 Chrysler T&C has set in my yard for 16 months Chrysler has finally agreed to settle and buyback the vehicle. My new concern is that Chrysler will put the vehicle back on the market and sale it without fixing the 2013 Chrysler T&C. my wife had a stroke on June 20, 2014 and our doctors advised us to quit driving the 2013 Chrysler T&C; because my wife's doctor believes the exhaust leak contributed to her stroke. I had to purchase another vehicle to drive and lost interest on my money that I had to use from savings. Chrysler has made a belier out of me!!! I will never own another Chrysler vehicle again as long I live. Thanks Chrysler corporation for your torture. End of report.

- Greenfield, TN, USA

Jan 092016

Town & Country

Steering wheel controls including the horn and possibly the steering wheel air bag are intermittent. >>so far on three separate occasions while stopped & driving all electrical parts of the steering wheel have just quit for a day or two and then for no reason begin working again. Unfortunately every time it goes dead and we arrange to take it in for service it starts working and the dealer says they can't do anything unless it is completely broken and not intermittent. Since Chrysler minivans have been recalled in the past for this "clock spring" problem, Chrysler should authorize replacement of this known safety defect (no horn or airbag intermittently with out warning) without being required to do so by the government. I guess I could authorize the dealer to replace the known intermittent clock spring at my own expense and then hope that sooner or latter the recall is expanded to include the 2013 model year. Or I can hope it quits long enough to be taken to the dealer with dead electrical parts on the steering wheel before my 36 month/36,000 mile warranty runs out this June. I attempted to turn the wheel while stopped and while driving to both get it working again when not working and also to get it go go dead again at the dealer when it was working but the intermittent problem does no seem to have any pattern of be effected by steering wheel movement. The third time it quite was Saturday night 9 Jan 2016 and began working on Monday 11 Jan 2016 on the way to the dealer.

- Lafayette, LA, USA

May 252015

Town & Country

When I was driving in reverse after making a U turn the brake lock up on me causing the car to roll. It was so dangerous I had absolutely no control of the car. There are worse cases, when im driving up a hill imagine that...... I just rolled down the hiil, I thought it was over.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Oct 182015

Town & Country

When returning to my parked van. The van would not start then notice that the van was reading that the shift gearing the reverse position, but the shift gear was in the park posit. The shift gear would not move out of the park position. Had to have the van towed. Was informed by the dealer is that the shift cable assembly needs to be replace. This vehicle is only 2 yr old, and has only 80000 on it miles. Was parked on a city street.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jan 222015

Town & Country

We received notice that the rear quarter vent window switch could overheat if exposed to liquid moisture. It could cause a burning odor, smoke, or a driver's door fire without warning. We were notified in January, 2015, and Chrysler has still not supplied the needed parts to the dealership.

- Brownsburg, IN, USA

Jul 092015

Town & Country

Failed to stay shut off after being parked in the garage, evidently ran out of gas. I opened the garage door the next morning to over 120 degrees, the van steering wheel was to hot to touch, I pushed the start button and the screen said "system is hot". I know I had shut the van off because the radio stops playing when you open the door after turning it off. Now the van won't run. I had it towed to a dealership for repair. It could have burned my home down! after checking complaints online could this be an issue with tipm" is there a recall for this yet"

- Janesville, WI, USA

Dec 242014

Town & Country

Vehicle was parked in driveway, was in "park" gear and had been running for approximately 20 minutes. Vehicle was turned off and keys were removed from ignition when vehicle suddenly started to roll backwards. Reportedly, vehicle was restarted and braking was attempted but vehicle would not stop. Vehicle rolled into tree/fence and damaged passenger door, that had been left open in the haste of the incident, and the rear bumper. Damage estimates at 4K.

- Cold Spring, KY, USA