2014 Chrysler Town & Country miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chrysler Town & Country:

2014 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Aug 262016

Town & Country

Driver side sliding door motor begins to operate on its own while the vehicle is on or off. The vehicle has now been at a dealer 3 times for repair without any success. This time it also has caused complete failure of several battery cells causing the vehicle to be hazardous to driving as the vehicle does still start and drive, however, there are times it does shut off due tot he battery issue.

- North Miami Beach, FL, USA

Jul 212016

Town & Country

I was driving on the highway with my children in the car. It was a very hot day, but we had just had a rainstorm. There were no cars around me on the road and all of a sudden a heard loud boom. I checked my windows nothing around me. I looked up and opened the sunroof cover, and saw my sunroof was shattered into tiny pieces with a large hole in the top. I immediately closed the cover so that the glass didn't fall in my car onto my children.

- Munster, IN, USA

May 312016

Town & Country

The tire system light stays on. The dealer state ties are new. I inflated all the tires to the recommended presser. Chrysler corporation said vehicle VIN number not under the same recall # P63

- Eastpointe, MI, USA

Mar 292016

Town & Country

Our van was parked in our driveway with our kids inside. When my wife opened the driver's door it began to roll down the driveway, dragging my wife and with our two small children in the van. The van went across the street striking a neighbors ac unit. My wife suffered a broken arm, sprained ankle, and a gash on her chin. A police report was filed for the incident. I believe this to be a mechanical failure of the vehicle.

- Edmond, OK, USA

Dec 102014

Town & Country

The vehicle vibrates excessively when driven. The seats all move violently. Car dealers have balanced the tires to no avail. The tires wear out unevenly, cupping because of this issue. We just had new tires installed to correct the problem, according to the dealer that was the fix but the car is still vibrating. The dealer looked at the car again and suggested we rotate tires that were just installed 60 days ago. The tires are again wearing unevenly. We need assistance in having this problem resolved once and for all. The car has 1 year or 12,000 miles left on its warranty. I've lost hope that the dealer will be able to resolve the issue.

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Jan 232016

Town & Country

While driving on the expressway the bolts that hold hood latch in place became loose and the hood lifted while in motion. Vehicle was going at a speed of about 70mph. The hood hit the windshield with a strong force and instantly shattered the front windshield.

- Elsa, TX, USA

Nov 142015

Town & Country

The tire pressure monitoring system TPMS is not functioning correctly, the system does not detect a low pressure or zero psi event or wheel removal for all four tires while stationary or moving. The system constantly reports all tire pressures are ok and without any faults. Chrysler has a recall for this issue "NHTSA campaign: 14V632000, TPMS left in test mode" but for unknown reasons my VIN does not qualify even though vehicle is within recall mfg date of April 2014. I have posted a video documenting the malfunctioning/disabled TPMS system at https://youtu.be/xd08eoiwntu

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jul 292015

Town & Country

The vehicle was parked in the garage when the driver entered the vehicle. The driver pressed the ignition button to turn the vehicle, keeping her foot on the brake. As the vehicle started, the wipers came on at high speed without having been turned on at the time or previously. At the same time, the engine revved and began to accelerate in reverse despite being in park with the driver's foot on the brake. The driver's door was open and crashed against the side of the garage door, ejecting the driver who had not even had time to put her on seat belt. The van continued to reverse down the driveway where it completed (almost) a 180 degree turn. The van finally came to a stop rolling up against a sidewalk curb with a couple more engine revs. A person other than the driver was the first to the vehicle after it came to a stop. He noted that the vehicle was in park. He shut the vehicle off by pressing the ignition button. The owner of the van and driver are very concerned about the vehicle's and their safety after having experienced this incident.

- Burlington, IA, USA

Mar 122015

Town & Country

Sometimes when you open the side door on the drivers side it opens and then starts to shut again before you have a chance to get in or out. If you are in the process of getting in or out the door will hit you. This doesn't always happen but when it does it is frustrating. I am afraid someone will get hurt. When this happens I hit the button by the mirror and it seems to fix the problem.

- Fountain City, WI, USA

Mar 262014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2014 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated while driving at approximately 15 mph, the vehicle was making a squeaking noise. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician informed the contact that the noise was normal. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 5,500.

- Green Bay , WI, USA