2014 Chrysler Town & Country seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chrysler Town & Country:

2014 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Aug 022016

Town & Country

Tipm module defective leaving my vechile stranded had to be towed home with mybkids, been tondealership twice, with no luck but a 200 servixe fee and no correction, I called Chrysler Corp directly and was hung up on sayin they will do nothing when ask to speak to manager. The occasions I went to get gas maybe 4 min filled gas car wouldnt start waited 2 hrs 4 tiw truck, other times was in highway car started shaking pulled over again car wouldnt start givening me a lighting bolt error cide in dash board I pay 467 a month and spent lets see 200 3 times for towing $189.99 at dealership twice in ine damn minth and chrsler knows of this issue in there cars and wont recall

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Feb 122016

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2014 Chrysler Town and country. While driving approximately 25 mph, the air bag light illuminated off and on. The failure was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 55,000.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Dec 032015

Town & Country

I was driving up hill in the city of muscatine and my automobile started roaring and accelerating near a stop sign and I could not get the auto to stop. I ended up hitting a curb and crashed into two trees and was knocked unconscious. The airbags in the front and the side did not deploy. Both sides of the car were impacted and the front also. The car was still roaring when emergency personal arrived to assist me. This caused me to have seizures and was taken to emergency room and admitted to hospital. The ups driver heard the car roaring and me crashing into the trees.

- Muscatine, IA, USA

Aug 272015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2014 Chrysler Town and country. While the vehicle was parked, the key was removed and the vehicle was still in the drive position. When the contact returned, the vehicle was not able to be started. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure recurred. While parked, the vehicle drifted off and crashed into two vehicles. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 5,025.

- Franklin, TN, USA

Jun 012015

Town & Country

When I purchased the minivan in March 2015, the airbag light appeared within hours of purchase and driving off the lot. The dealership had me bring the minivan back and they inspected it. The only explanation given was that it needed to be reset. Now in June' 4 months later and still within warranty, the light came on again. I also noticed that the econ gas saver, when used shifts the van automatically, however, now it seems that even if I don't use the econ gas saver it shifts automatically. I was on the freeway and it downshifted automatically. I purchased the used minivan with 34,000 miles. I now have 44,000 miles. It's within the 60 month period and 75,000 mileage warranty I purchased for an extra 3000, but when I went to Chrysler they sent back to the dealership where I purchased the van and when I went to the dealership, I was advised to take back to Chrysler because it sounds like I have safety recall issues and those are covered by Chrysler.. so bummed that the family van is a nicely packaged lemon.........

- Ricmond, CA, USA

Jun 032015

Town & Country

Air bag light won't turn off on dashboard. Dealership is unable to determine the problem. The light was deactivated one day, whereas it was turned off, but the next day after going over a bump in the road the light came on and it has been on constantly since. I am concerned that this problem will lead to more serious issues resulting in bodily harm.

- Clinton, MD, USA

Jul 162014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Subject vehicle (2014 Chrysler Town and country van, vehicle 2) was involved in collision accident with 2005 Ford mustang (vehicle 1). Vehicle 1 pulled out from a stop sign to turn left onto 4 lane thoroughfare with a large truck turning right onto street where vehicle 1 was stopped. Vehicle 1 driver's view of traffic was hindered by turning truck. Vehicle 2 was in the inside lane passing the truck. Vehicle 2's right front corner collided with left front corner of vehicle 1 at full vehicle speed since driver of vehicle 1 did not see vehicle 2 pulling out around truck in time to brake. Vehicle 2 driver side steering wheel airbag, driver side knee airbag and passenger side airbag all deployed. Driver was the only person in vehicle 1. driver of vehicle 1 sustained extensive abrasions and bruising of both legs from the knees down and of one foot from the force of the knee airbag. The knee airbag also prevented the driver from pressing on the brake pedal to stop the vehicle since the airbag was between her feet and vehicle brake pedal. The vehicle traveled 3-4 car lengths crossing into the oncoming lanes before coming to a stop against the curb on the opposite side of the street. The knee airbag appears to be a safety issue causing more injury than what would have been sustained without it and also hindering driver access to the brake pedal to stop the vehicle. The steering wheel airbag deployment did not cause any bruising or noticeable injury to the driver other than minor soreness in the chest. The passenger side airbag also deployed and broke the front windshield.

- Arlington, TX, USA