6.7

2014 Chrysler Town & Country steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chrysler Town & Country:

2014 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Sep 282016

Town & Country

While driving on the hwy suddenly I felt the steering very hard and I am losing speed. I pulled to the side of the hwy which was very hard, hard to stop (no brakes). I asked my mechanic and he told me to put in park or neutral and start the car, after it happened 2 more time, so two weeks after the last one I took it to the dealer but he could not replicate the problem. No repairs made and I am very scared to drive.

- Miami, FM, USA

May 022016

Town & Country

I think the visibility of the gear selector on the dashboard is very poor. When I am sitting in the driver's seat, I can not see what gear the car is in because the steering wheel is in the way of the dashboard. The gear shift on the dashboard has no labels to let you know what gear it is in. I am attaching a picture of my view that documents the problem. I have not had a crash but have to be very careful when I am backing up that I have the car in the right gear. This issue would be in effect every time a gear is shifted. It is a constantly occurring issue.

- Nashville, MI, USA

Dec 102014

Town & Country

The vehicle vibrates excessively when driven. The seats all move violently. Car dealers have balanced the tires to no avail. The tires wear out unevenly, cupping because of this issue. We just had new tires installed to correct the problem, according to the dealer that was the fix but the car is still vibrating. The dealer looked at the car again and suggested we rotate tires that were just installed 60 days ago. The tires are again wearing unevenly. We need assistance in having this problem resolved once and for all. The car has 1 year or 12,000 miles left on its warranty. I've lost hope that the dealer will be able to resolve the issue.

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Aug 212014

Town & Country

My 2014 Chrysler Town and country shuts off while I am driving and the steering locks up. It has happened on 3 different occasions. After it happened the first time, I took it to the dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong with the vehicle and didn't know why it happened. It has happened 2 more time. It is currently at the dealer being checked again. Every time it happens I am driving and the car is in motion. This is very dangerous and I am very worried it is going to cause me and my children to be in an accident. Something needs to be done about this, it is a very serious problem!

- Coral Springs, FL, USA