1998 Dodge Avenger wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Avenger:

1998 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Feb 192002

Avenger 6-cyl

My rim broke and caused my tire to go flat. I have had to put tires on almost every 6,000. My door lock is not working right and I also am having problems with the fog lights.

- Indiana, PA, USA

Nov 202000

While traveling and without any indication tires would become flat. Consumer had tires serviced, and technician noticed nothing wrong with tires, but all four rims where bent.

- Berlington, WI, USA

Jan 271999

This has been my second Avenger and I wish that I would have never gotten rid of my 96. This 98 has a longer service history than most of the cars in our small town, put together. Brakes--the car has now had 2 brake jobs in 9000 miles. Each time the dealer has replaced the rotors and bled out the lines.. can't wait until 4500 miles comes again so I can have new brakes put on it again. Fuel econ--the car is lucky to get 18-21 mpg on the highway. The dealer told me today that these cars are not known for good gas mileage--is that true"? my 96 Avenger got 25-34 on the highway!?!?!"! door--the passenger side door has never closed properly since I have gotten the car. The dealer has adjusted it twice and now tells me it is fine. It sure is funny how it still shuts outside of the weatherstrip occasionally, causing annoying wind noise. Wheels----the third day I had the car, I had a low speed pothole collision and bent a rim. Since then, I have noticed all my rims have small dings in them and to top it all off, the finish is peeling off the rims.

- Andover, OH, USA