1. replace ball joints (1 reports)
1999 Dodge Avenger suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Avenger:

1999 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Dec 022007

Avenger ES 2.5L V6

Before I bought the dodge avenger, I had a 1996 Sebring. The right front ball joint gave out one day and should have killed me but I had just gotten off the interstate. The tire literally fell off without any warning. It was covered by a recall. $1500 in damage from ripping part of the front axle out of the transmission.

Fast forward a few years when my right front tire starts making sounds. After some research, I learn of a ball joint recall on the avenger for 400,000 cars. I'm sure I'd be one of them. Not wanting to risk my life again, I quickly went to Sears (my mother works there part time so I got a discount). They tell me it is not covered by the recall. I call bulls** but they won't do anything about it so I pay the full $250 to fix it.

Fast forward another week, the other side starts squeaking. When they had my car up, they loosened that joint. Got it replaced about a month later for another $250.

Fast forward 2 years. I hit a pot hole. I have to get a new tire and the right front ball joint starts squeaking again. F** it, I'm trading my car in this week.

- , Kalamazoo, MI, USA