2008 Dodge Avenger accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Avenger:

2008 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Nov 152013

Avenger 4-cyl

I have a 2008 Dodge Avenger. My airbag light keeps coming on and off intermittently. I noticed if I move passenger seat forward or back it comes on and stays on longer. When I'm driving down the road there can be no one in the seat and the light will come on. After reading all the complaints around this issue, air bags deploy when driving and not hitting anything, or air bags not deploying when in collision, I think this is a huge safety issue! all of these people were told their VIN # didn't match the recall. I made appointment with lithia Dodge in helena mt and the guy told me on the phone he didn't even want me to drive the car because of how unsafe it is. I took it to appointment today and the guy today told me there are no recalls on my car. He said the airbag light has nothing to do with the airbag recall. What!"! big surprise, my VIN doesn't match!! why are we all having the same safety issue but not on the recall list???"

- East Helena, MT, USA

Mar 282012

Avenger 4-cyl

I was driving East bound and I was T-boned on the driver side by a car going South bound on whom ran the light. My car spun around and hit a steel pole on my passenger side which my 10 year old son was sitting. I hit my face on steering wheel and air bags never deployed on driver side which caused terrible injury and scaring to my left eye which is still visible. My son was in the middle of car smashed against the dash had to get out with the jaws of life. The passenger air bag deployed and draping on sides also on my side nothing deployed. I had whiplash, back and facial injurys. The car I was driving 2008 Dodge Avenger.

- Louisville , KY, USA

Aug 242008

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Avenger. While stopped with the left turn signal on, another vehicle rear ended the contact's vehicle at approximately 35 mph. The driver's seat released from the upward facing position to an elongated position. The contact was in a horizontal position. There were no prior warnings. The police was called to the scene and a report was filed. The vehicle was towed to the authorized dealer for repair. The failure and current mileages were 6,020. The consumer stated the seatbelt did not grab. Updated 10/29/08.

- Sandusky , OH, USA

Jun 092008

While driving 35 to 40 the car in front of me suddenly stopped and when I braked, the car would not stop. The anti-lock brakes never activated and I slid right into the car in front me. I had plenty of room to stop, but could not. In addition, on impact, the back passenger seat flew forward. It did not stay in a locked position. I'm glad I did not have an infant or small child in the back seat.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA