2008 Dodge Avenger body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Avenger:

2008 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Jul 252016

Avenger

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Avenger. The contact stated that while driving at an unknown speed, an abnormal sound emitted from the vehicle without warning. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the engine cradle was rusted and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Lansing, MI, USA

Oct 202015

Avenger

I was exiting out of a parking lot in town and traffic was back up and at a standstill. As I attempted to turn left a car tried passing the stopped traffic in a no passing zone. The vehicle hit the front of my car, totaling it. The bumper was on the ground, radiator sideways, hood crinkled, fenders destroyed. My airbags did not deploy. The car that hit me was going fast and caused major damage. Taylorville police department police report number 15-341

- Taylorville, IL, USA

Feb 042013

Avenger 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Avenger. The contact stated that the passenger side door latch disconnected from the housing causing the door to not to lock. The power locks feature did not lock the door as well. The manufacturer was contacted and stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign I.D. number 07V414000 (latches/locks/linkages). The contact personally repaired the vehicle. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- Bullhead City, AZ, USA

Dec 182012

Avenger 4-cyl

As I was driving down the interstate highway, I heard some wind so I checked window button, I then heard door alarm go off and as I attempted to exit highway on an exit ramp the door swung open!! my passenger had to physically hold it close as best she could until we found a safe place to stop to see if we could identify the problem. We tried many times to close it but could not get it to latch. We scrounged around on the side of the road looking for something to tie it together with to get it off the side of the road and back home! I'm glad my grandchildren were not with me!

- Atlanta , GA, USA

Jun 082012

Avenger

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Avenger. The contact stated whenever it rained water was under the hood. The battery, alternator, and the power steering failed to function when the water entered the vehicle. The battery lights and electric bolt warning lights were illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who repaired the alternator and the power steering; however, they failed to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 74,000 and the current mileage was 83,000.

- Arden , NC, USA

Apr 072012

Avenger

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Avenger. The contact stated that both front doors would experience a failure in which they would not latch shut. The doors would also experience a failure in which they would not open. The failures occurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the contact was informed that the vehicle was not included in the recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 07V414000 (latches/locks/linkages: Doors: Latch). The manufacturer was notified and also stated that the vehicle was not included in the recall. No further assistance was provided. The failure mileage was 65,000.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

May 052007

Avenger 4-cyl

There is visible denting/buckling to the underbelly of my 2008 Dodge Avenger. I sent a formal letter to Chrysler hqtrs back in late July and they took more than a month to respond to my letter. I spoke with a woman with the better business section of Chrysler on the 28th of August and basically was told that there was nothing they could do and that my vehicle would be looked at by the dealership. I brought my vehicle into the dealership and they told me me that it was a natural curve in the subframe? while out on their lot I noticed 10 other Avengers with a completely different design type (more rigid and sturdy I.e. no denting) to the underbelly than mine. I only saw 1 other Avenger like mine with the same defect. I feel that there is a coverup taking place. This is a threat to the safety and the integrity of design of the vehicle. There is no telling what would occur if involved in accident, head-on or rear-ended" the outcome so far has been unsatisfactory and I don't know what else I can do" this is a major concern that needs the attention from the government and Chrysler Corp.

- Green Cove Springs, FL, USA