2008 Dodge Avenger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Avenger:

2008 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Jun 092008

While driving 35 to 40 the car in front of me suddenly stopped and when I braked, the car would not stop. The anti-lock brakes never activated and I slid right into the car in front me. I had plenty of room to stop, but could not. In addition, on impact, the back passenger seat flew forward. It did not stay in a locked position. I'm glad I did not have an infant or small child in the back seat.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Sep 192007

I was in a 2008 Dodge Avenger that was a rental car. I was driving through a construction area when the truck in front of me slammed on its brakes. I was going below the 55 mph speed limit, and had a safe distance between me and the truck in front of me. When I slammed on my brakes, the car did not stop. I pressed harder and the car slowed down but did not stop until it hit the truck in front of me. There was definitely a brake failure. Then the air bag exploded instead of deploying leaving me with burns on both arms and hands. Since then the rental car company has told me there have been 4 recalls on this vehicle.

- Houston, TX, USA