8.0

1. replace alternator (1 reports)
2008 Dodge Avenger electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Avenger:

2008 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

May 302011

Avenger

On our way back from Florida to Maryland, my 2008 Dodge Avenger started making a very loud rattling, knocking noise under the hood on the passenger side. It caused a lot of anxiety wondering if I was going to make it home. Luckily I did. I then checked this site and saw that other people are having rattling problems too and it's their alternators. I took my car to Dodge dealership, from where I bought my car, and told them that I read that a lot of people are having problems with their alternators on this car. Dealership later called me and said that it is the alternator bearings and it will cost $696 to replace the alternator because the extended warranty does not cover the alternator. I called Chrysler, 1-800-992-1997 and they told me the same thing, that the alternator is only covered on the basic warranty for up to 36,000 miles and the lifetime warranty (which I paid $3,000.00 for does not cover the alternator. I told Chrysler that a lot of people are having alternator problems, just like we had the shift gear problem, where it got stuck in Park and finally a Recall was done for this problem. I'm just hoping that a Recall will be done for the Alternator also. Please call the 800 number above to report your Alternator problems. Good luck!

- , Huntingtown, MD, USA