2008 Dodge Avenger fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Avenger:

2008 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 132010

Avenger 4-cyl

When filling the gas tank the gas comes shooting back out of the tank. This has happened since I purchased the vehicle in 9/2010 and has consistently gotten worse. It now happens every time I fill the tank unless I stop it before it is completely full. I have been completely soaked in gasoline because of the velocity of the gas coming back out of the tank. I have contacted Dodge as there are recalls on Jeep for the same issue and there is currently not a recall on the Dodge vehicles.

- Drexel, MO, USA

Jan 012011

Numerous times (seemingly when cold) the gas tank will spit gas out after the nozzle clicks off. Will spray all on the car and the ground. Potentially very dangerous...

- Beecher, IL, USA

Sep 032012

Avenger 6-cyl

Received indicator light that electronic throttle control failed, in the middle of traffic my car dropped speed to 20 miles an hour, I was almost rear ended with two children in my car. I have spoke to several Dodge certified mechanics and they has all attested that this is a known issue but not being fixed. I called Dodge and they said my issue was an isolated incident. When I told them that I spoke to their mechanics and research and found hundreds of other customers with this issue they said and I quote "you can find anything you want if you search long enough". some one is going to get killed if their car drops to 20 miles an hour on a freeway.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Aug 162012

Avenger 4-cyl

While driving my car, the electronic throttle control light came on and the car lost power and would not accelerate. I have researched this problem and it seems that it is a common occurrence. Please recall now for safety reasons!

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Jun 302010

Avenger 6-cyl

My 2008 Dodge Avenger will spill fuel at every refueling regardless if I use the locking mechanism on the fuel pump or if I fill by hand when the tank gets to full tank. It's almost like there is too much pressure built up that it spits fuel back out. This is a common occurrence with a lot of new Avengers. Just do a simple google search on "Dodge Avenger gas overflows". Dodge please issue a recall.

- Richmond, MI, USA