8.8

2008 Dodge Avenger steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Avenger:

2008 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Dec 072011

Avenger

This was under recall for this problem, then a month after the dealer fixed it went out again. Was told it was a known problem and now they claim it is different than the recall and I will have to pay for it. This is not right. I can't take it out of park without pushing on the pink button under the gearshift. I thought the recall was going to fix it, but no I have to pay for a known problem with this model. Should have never bought a dodge, have never liked them.

- , Augusta, GA, USA

Feb 012012

Avenger SE V6

My complaint is the shift gear is stuck on PARK, I don't have a vehicle to go to work. I believe this shold be covered as a "recall" a friend of mine had the same problem with herDodge Avenger and she took it to get it fixed costing her $350. I can't afford this amount, if the manufactor knows that this is a problem they shouldcover the exense.

- , Ennis, Texas, USA

Jul 012010

Avenger 4 cyl

I recently bought a 2008 Dodge Avenger on 2-21-2010 no more then 5 months later on 7-1-2010 do I encounter a very serious problem .. my car won't go into reverse ! No problem right .. this should be covered in my 4 year warranty ... WRONG ! After being encouraged to purchase the Portfolio Elite Package and ensured that this will cover everything and anything on the vehicle I come to find out that a very well known problem (This should actually be classified as a recall ) is actually not covered with my over priced warranty package.The SHIFTING COMPONENT of my vehicle is broken and now they tell me that is NOT covered. I am told this is a component issue and that all the cars parts can be qualified as "components" (whatever that means ) and that the cost for the repair is estimated at $300.00. Very clearly does it state on my warranty COMPONENT COVERAGE.

I have read the other reviews and read that NUMEROUS people have had this same problem . Hearing that this was going to cost $300.00 and not covered under my very expensive warranty I was livid ! Long story short.. Contact your warranty company contact the dealerhship take it to the highest level possible. Make a big deal.. throw a fit . They have heard these complaints before we are not the only dissatisfied customers. In the end my shifting component was honored under warranty with only the deductible having to be paid for.

- , Sacramento, CA, USA

May 032010

Avenger SXT

I went to take my son to school this morning, the car started as usual, but it would not shift out of park. I went on line and found that I am not the only one having this problem. My husband called the Dodge dealer and they knew exactly what he was talking about. The tow trucker driver that came to get the car said that he has towed many Dodge vehicles (Avenger, 300, etc) that had the same issue. The dealer said the this issue is known by the Dodge company, but they don't want to do a recall. So, this leads me to believe that they don't give a damn about the consumer. My car is a 2008 and I just bought it in June of 2009 and I will not purchase another Dodge vehicle.

- , Atlanta, GA, USA

Aug 252009

Avenger 4.0L

I'm soooo pissed. This car has been a complete pain in the a_ _ since I purchased it. I have had 8 recalls on this piece of junk and still counting, and now the damn shift gear will not go out of park....what the hell. My daughter is getting ready to graduate from high school, so I thought the headache was over and I could officially give her this car...yeah right!!!! I'm getting a lawyer, I still paying a car note on this sh_ _ and I can't keep it out of the shop long enough to enjoy it. I would not recommend this hunk of junk to anyone. I can not believe with all of the complaints regarding the shift gear why in the hell is that not on the recall list. I be damn if I'm getting screwed on this, I have had it, I'm contacting a lawyer in the morning, and suggest others with these cars need to do the same.

- , Frisco, TX, USA