2008 Dodge Avenger suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Avenger:

2008 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

May 272013

Avenger 4-cyl

I got into my car to leave and the gear shift would not come out of park. I tried several times and it was just stuck. My daughter went online and found that this had been a recall issue an I have never received any type of notification at all. My son found a work around on the internet that allowed me to get to work, however this is a issue that needs to be fixed.

- Round Rock, TX, USA

Apr 212010

Avenger 4-cyl

We bought this car used with 3 year warranty from drive time. From first time on freeway we noticed at 70 mph started death wobble. Took it to dealers mechanic and he said nothing get the balance done. We have had the balance done, all 4 tires replaced with manufactures suggested size tire, and still get the death wobble at about 70-74 mph.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Mar 122008

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Avenger. The contact was driving approximately 55 mph when the rear end of the vehicle began to sway abnormally. The vehicle was taken to the dealer yet the dealer was unable to duplicate the failure. The failure persisted and the vehicle was taken back to the dealer where a realignment was performed but to no avail. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken to the dealer six times where the rear tires were replaced twice and other small, unknown repairs. The vehicle was also inspected by a local mechanic and the contact was advised that the left rear camber was not repairable. The dealer confirmed with her that the failure was not repairable. The manufacturer was contacted and she was awaiting a response. The failure mileage was 27,000 and the current mileage was 69,000. Updated 12/30/11

- Wabash, IN, USA

Jul 022009

2008 Dodge Avenger ball joints worn out at only a little over 31000 miles. I took my car in for repair on 07/01/09 because I noticed there was something wrong with the steering while operating the vehicle. Once it was found that there was a ball joint problem with my car, southern Chrysler Dodge in lufkin, tx 75901 told me that they had to order the parts for the car.knowing how much of a safety issue damaged ball joints are, I requested that they give me a bail car, just until my parts came in for my car. They refused, claiming that their insurance company no longer allows them to do so. I have tried to avoid filing a complaint by talking to the head owner, however, the employees at Dodge are doing whatever they can to stall, or prevent me from seeing the head owner. One employee had said that they would get us a rental car if one was available but I had to pay the 75 dollar deposit which would be refunded. However that dealer knows that finding a rental car is next to impossible since this is the 4th of July weekend. All I want from this Dodge dealership is a loaner car, that's all. Please take action, before I or some other non suspecting person has an accident due to worn out ball joints. Ps:the parts tech said that the vehicle was safe to drive, but I knew better. This was just to get me out of their faces in a hurry.

- Lufkin, TX, USA

Mar 032008

2008 Dodge Avenger with bad shocks and windshield. Consumer states that the shocks ride rough, and the windshield has a crack on the passenger side and it is spreading and not indication of a rock hitting the window, and more. The speakers were replaced.

- Council, ID, USA

Mar 152007

Avenger 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Avenger R/T. the contact stated that the vehicle has been at the dealer for over a month for repairs. He stated that the engine has noisy lifters. The vehicle was taken to the dealer four times and they only replaced the lifters once. The manufacturer stated that this is how the vehicle had to be manufactured due to the thermal expander. While driving 65 mph, the transmission engages in an automatic neutral drop. The engine races above 5,000 rpms, which is not recommended. The failure has occurred twice. The transmission also jumped into reverse while driving at low speeds. The vehicle has been at the dealer four times for the transmission. The dealer called the contact and stated that they could not find anything wrong with the transmission, however, they do acknowledge the failure. The transmission failure began in April of 2007 and has continued ever since. The current mileage is 2,500 and failure mileage was 7. the check engine light illuminated, there were broken bolts and studs. The shifter would not return to park. The rocker arms, valve cover, lifters and heads were replaced in the engine. Updated 08/08/07.

- Clevland, OH, USA