- August 28: Judge Says Chrysler TIPM Class-Action Lawsuit Can Move Forward
- August 22: When Will Chrysler Do Something About Defective TIPMs?
- July 27: Dodge Charger Under Investigation For Alternator Failure
- July 11: Chrysler Recalls 895,000 SUVs After Vanity Lights Catch Fire
- June 30: Chrysler Recalls 696,000 Vehicles for Defective Ignition Switches
2008 Dodge Avenger
Worst 2008 Avenger transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- gear shift module lock up122
- transmission gets stuck in gear7
- transmission failure4
- transmission slipping3
- skips gears and stalls2
- bad transmission control system1
- loud whine from transmission1
- transmission sluggish to downshift and surges1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission79
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...9
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Avenger Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Avenger compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Avenger overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Avenger.