2.2

2009 Dodge Avenger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Avenger:

2009 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Sep 082012

Avenger 4-cyl

My check engine light came on P2004. I then took it to a shop and was advised it was the electronic throttle control. They have been getting many customers taking their cars in for the same problem. Was advised to take it to Dodge because there should be a recall. The shop did not even charge me for the diagnostic. The car is not drivable. I stalled and was almost hit at a light. I called Dodge and it is going to be $105 for a diagnostic and once they find out what needs to be done they will give me a price. The information from the other shop told me to start looking online. There are thousands of forums with thousands of complaints. Dodge closes at 4pm on Saturday and they cannot look at my car today. In the meantime, I am left stranded. If a recall should be made, please make it soon.

- Tucson, AZ, USA