2009 Dodge Avenger fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Avenger:

2009 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Dec 112012

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Avenger. The contact smelled fuel inside the vehicle and noticed a leak from the fuel tank. The vehicle was taken a dealer for diagnostic testing. The fuel pump module was replaced. The failure recurred and the vehicle was taken back to a dealer for the same repairs. The vehicle was experiencing the failure listed in NHTSA campaign number: 09V047000 (fuel system, other); however, the VIN was not included. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 89,000.

- Port Orange , FL, USA

Dec 022014

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Avenger. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled and the service engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was able to restart after several attempts. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign numbers: 08V528000 (power train) and 09V047000 (fuel system, other). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 114,000.

- Newnan, GA, USA

Aug 012013

When I refuel my 2009 Avenger the fuel comes back out the filler tube. I can't even set the lock on the pump to the first click or it will burst gas out and splatters the car and myself. Looks like the 2008's had the problem also.

- Lovilia, IA, USA

Sep 082012

Avenger 4-cyl

My check engine light came on P2004. I then took it to a shop and was advised it was the electronic throttle control. They have been getting many customers taking their cars in for the same problem. Was advised to take it to Dodge because there should be a recall. The shop did not even charge me for the diagnostic. The car is not drivable. I stalled and was almost hit at a light. I called Dodge and it is going to be $105 for a diagnostic and once they find out what needs to be done they will give me a price. The information from the other shop told me to start looking online. There are thousands of forums with thousands of complaints. Dodge closes at 4pm on Saturday and they cannot look at my car today. In the meantime, I am left stranded. If a recall should be made, please make it soon.

- Tucson, AZ, USA