6.3

2009 Dodge Avenger miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Avenger:

2009 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Feb 112016

Avenger

My car was parked outside and my sunroof exploded and caved

- Mount Prospect, IL, USA

Sep 192015

Avenger

I have a 2009 Dodge Avenger purchased in 2012. Yesterday I was in a scary situation and could have seriously hurt a child done the Dodge. Yesterday morning the car was driving fine I parked, took the key out of the ignition, and started to get out of the car. The car started rolling back I jumped in the car hit the brake, brakes did not work had to pull the emergency brake to stop. At the time there was a child riding by on a bike thank god the emergency brake worked. I pulled the emergency brake just in time. Trust me that was really scary too me because out of all the cars I have had this has never happened to me. After I got the car to stop I tried to start the car it would not start. I had to call my brother in-law to look at the car at checking several things and watching several you tube videos we noticed this has been and ongoing problem with the Dodge Avenger. He figured it was something with the shift stick and or electrical problems. He got the car started but it would only go in reverse and when he turned the car off it would not crank back up. He tried to reset the car by unhooking the battery cable but that did not work. After several tries he could not get the car to crank back up. I was stuck at the one location from 9am to 9pm. I had to call a tow truck and get it towed to my house. I really want to know what can be done, because I do not feel that I should have to come out of thousands of dollars for something that has been and ongoing issue and is a safety hazard. Not only could I have seriously injured that child, I could have injured myself. I really enjoyed driving my Dodge Avenger thought it was the best car. Please help!

- Missouri City, TX, USA

Aug 012013

Avenger

2009 Chrysler advenger & 2009 Chrysler sebring. Consumer writes in regards to recall information on both vehicles.

- Washington, DC, USA