3.4

2010 Dodge Avenger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Avenger:

2010 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Nov 122014

Avenger

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Avenger. While driving 60 mph, the vehicle stalled and the ESC warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 75,400.

- Chillicothe, OH, USA

Jul 052010

Avenger

I was driving along pacheco pass in the night. At one section there was large white paint strips (bigger in footprint when you compare it with the traffic divider broken lines) when the vehicle passed over this painted section on the hwy because of the smoother slippery surface. I seemed to lose control, the steering became too fluid, and later if I exceeded 65 miles on a normal road I felt that I was loosing control, something weird had happened to the automatic stability control system. I would like to also mention that it was very windy, but smaller vehicles were zipping past without any apparent problems. I realized that if I drive below 50 miles I didn't experience this problem of stability and loose steering. After some distance I pulled over, stopped the car, turned off the ignition and then started and began driving, I didn't experience this loss of stability after I did this. It seemed like there is some kind of a software glitch in the automatic stability control of the vehicle I was driving in. Which was a rented Dodge Avenger 2010 I'm posting this in the hope that NHTSA takes up the matter and researches stability of vehicles when driving on pavement which has a painted section & also looks into the trigger mechanisms of the automatic stability control when encountered with such a case.

- San Jose, CA, USA