2010 Dodge Avenger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Avenger:

2010 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Mar 102016

Avenger

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Avenger. While driving at a low speed, the contact's vehicle was involved in a frontal crash with another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact was able to drive the vehicle from the crash scene. A police report was filed. The vehicle was taken to be repaired by an independent mechanic. There were no injuries. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (seat belts, air bags). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 61,000.

- Englewood, NJ, USA

Oct 012016

Avenger

On 10/1/2016 a recall for called for my 2010 Dodge Avenger SXT. The recall number is 16V-668. They stated that the vehicle may experience loss of air bag and seat belt pretensioner deployment capability in certain crash events. I called my local Dodge to see what could be done, and told them that the occupant restraint must be replayed. They told me that there currently arent any parts available, and they have no clue when they will be available. That poses a huge safety risk because in event of a crash airbags are supposed to help save lives. With these issues going on and if I were in a wreck my life is at steak. I asked her about loaner cars, or if anything else could be done to increase safety. The only thing she said that can be done is just wait it out. With my safety being at risk every time I drive, I could be killed before parts even come in. I don't feel safe at all just waiting it out, and putting my life in the hands of Dodge. I feel like if they cant currently replace the parts, they either need to replace the car or loan one that works efficiently. Also before I purchased this vehicle there was a recall on the breaks on 2010. It stated that these vehicles may have been built with an improperly formed or missing brake booster. This could result in brake failure without warning which could cause a crash. Checking the car-fax that I was given this was not replaced or looked at, and now I'm having issues with my brakes. So not only is this a safety issue with the airbags and breaks, but a huge safety issue with my life being at risk.

- Mesquite, TX, USA

Jul 122016

Avenger

Pieces of glass flue all over car when airbag broke windshield and got small cuts all over my face

- Cameron, WI, USA

Apr 182016

Avenger

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Avenger. While driving approximately 55 mph, the air bag warning indicator illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 121,764.

- Siler, NC, USA

Feb 172016

Avenger

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Avenger. When turning the vehicle, the air bag warning light illuminated. The contact heard an alert that indicated there was an air bag failure. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 158,540.

- Balenbia, CA, USA

Sep 272015

Avenger

The contact owned a 2010 Dodge Avenger. While driving 45 mph, the vehicle crashed into a tree. The air bags did not deploy. The vehicle was destroyed. There were two injuries sustained and medical attention was required. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 41,000.

- Lonpoc, CA, USA

Nov 032015

Avenger

I came out of the grocery store on 11/03/2015.started the car nothing happened, battery, lights, radio, starter everything was tested and working great..had to call a professional locksmith service to program a new key to the vehicle..there was no indication or warning when this happened

- Grove City, OH, USA

Mar 112015

Avenger 4-cyl

I was coming into a turn and a dog ran in front of the car very fast and I jerked and hit the curb as I hit the curb the car went on top of it than back onto the street I tried to hit the brakes numerous of times but they went stiff and all steering went away it was locked I lost all control of the vehicle. The car hit another car, damaging it and my insurance totaled out the Avenger. Now we are without a vehicle due to this. I went to the hospital with my passenger who was injured as well, doctor diagnosed me with a cervical strain. Since this incident I am still having headaches. My mother is the owner of the vehicle and still is shaken up about this.

- Mcdonough, GA, USA

Jul 062012

Avenger

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Avenger. The contact stated that the air bag deployment light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for a diagnosis and the contact was informed that there was possibly a faulty air bag, a loose wire, or a bad sensor. The vehicle had not been repaired. The failure and current mileages were 42,700.

- Aberdeen, MD, USA