2.5

2011 Dodge Avenger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Avenger:

2011 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Aug 062016

Avenger

While in motion, driving, the car down the road it loses power. You have to either pull over or put it in neutral turn the car off and wait a about a minute and turn the car back on and you can go for awhile. A error pops up but when you shut it off and turn it back on it resets itself. Hard to find out what is wrong with it, but we changed out the throttle body and a sensor, was told that you cant flash the computer on this car. This has been going on now for 3 months.

- Linneus, MO, USA

Jan 242014

Avenger 4-cyl

I was driving, the etc light and the stability light came on, the car lost power. I had to shut the car off and restart it to get the car to drive normally. It would drive normally for a couple of miles and then I would have to do it again. It stopped doing it the next day. It started back up again this summer. I have taken it to a mechanic who cleans the electronic throttle box and has reset the electronics. This will usually fix it for a month or so and then it starts again. The car also will have surges of power, which are very scary. It also does not handle well when it rains or snows. Overall I feel like the car is unsafe.

- Seneca Falls, NY, USA

Jan 012014

Avenger

Rear shifts side ways when going over any bump or expansion joint on road. Driving in snow or ice is very dangerous because rear is always sliding back and forth had car checked and Dodge dealership found nothing wrong with the car. Aside from giving me a panic attack every time this happens, I'm afraid I'm going to kill myself or someone else in a terrible accident from this problem. Thought it was something with the rear sway bar being mounted in the wrong place or something with the electronic stability control malfunctioning. Also I thought it was the tires so I had all new tires put on and that obviously wasn't the problem. I'm scared to death to drive this car but it is my only option.

- Adrian, MI, USA