2011 Dodge Avenger miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Avenger:

2011 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

May 162016

There was an exhaust leak under the driver's seat which caused me (only driver) to become very very sleepy. I was in the car for 5-10 minutes when I felt the sleepiness. I had to open windows for fresh air in order to make it to work (20 min. Drive) without having to pull over. The sleepiness started about 3 weeks before it became really bad. I was on a 4 hour trip & after an hour I had to repeately pull over, one to sleep for about 30 minutes. At the time I did not make a connection with what was happening. I attributed the sleepiness to being tired but after the third day of serious sleepiness, I thought there had to be something with the car because it only happened in the car although there were several days that I was abnormally sleepy at work in the morning hours. I believe that was a carry over from the trip to work each morning.there is a vocational school in the public school system where I work so I took it to the teacher of the mechanic's class. They have a machine that shoots smoke through the exhaust system & there was smoke coming through a crack in the exhaust pipe located directly beneath the driver's seat. I went to the doctor for a blood test to make sure I did not have any carbon monoxide in my system. The results showed me at a level 1, the range is from 0-2. the mechanics repaired the leak with a special puddy. The drive to work everyday is a twenty minute drive each way on a four lane highway. The first incident was April 23, 2016. The other incidents were the week of May 16th. I was exposed to the fumes for about three weeks before it became really bad.

- Forest, VA, USA

Mar 192016

The heat from the passenger side does not work. The air works great, but no heat. This was just noticed a couple of weeks ago. I took the car to the dealer that I purchased it from and the cost will be $1,002.80. I feel this should be something that is fixed without me having to pay so much. I have only had the car for 1 year. I have read that there are several people that have the same problem. Should be a recall................

- Sevierville, TN, USA

Jan 012016

My 2011 Dodge Avenger heat has a heating problem. The passenger side heat/defrost only blows cold air. I put the fan on high and still only cold air. When warming car up with remote start the car is not warm after 10 to 15 minutes causing the passenger side windshield to not defrost. I drive 50 miles one way to work and am freezing when I get there. I have seen forums where this is happening to many other people.

- Deshler, OH, USA

Dec 192015

Defroster only works on high. Drove for 40 minutes had to keep fan and heat control on full the whole time to keep windshield cleaned off. Side windows never cleared off.

- Johnstown, PA, USA

Nov 092015

Passenger defrost blows cold air which means it is not clearing the windows in inclement weather. The frosting of windows has created safety issues for me because on a busy road I have almost had an accident.

- Buford, GA, USA