CarComplaints.com Notes: Consumer Reports road tests has noted deficiencies in the 2012 Avenger with regard to engine noise, acceleration, braking, handling, transmission, fuel economy, driving position and rear visibility. But at least it has a cool marketing campaign ... right?

3.9

2012 Dodge Avenger accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Avenger:

2012 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

May 022016

Avenger

My passenger airbag light comes on an off no matter if anyone is in the seat or not. Took my car to Dodge was told theres no recall yet I looked up my car in front of the service guy showed him the information he told me that wasn't true I would have to pay for my car to be check. Also my windshield wipers come on when they want to yet there's a recall for that as well an service continue to say the information not true. Do they just not wont to fix it. Both are so to the totally integrated power module (tipm), which is a control modual that needs to be replaced.

- Norcross, GA, USA

Apr 282015

Avenger

I took my car to the Dodge dealership to be diagnose because of windshield wiper not working properly. When wipers are turn on they would randomly stop out of no where then take several seconds sometimes minutes before coming back on, the diagnostic came back internal short in tipm. I've noticed in many research online there has been many recalls and problem regarding tipm from Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler. Also I've had shortage in my power window not wanting to work but will eventually start again and air bag light is on all those could be related to the bad tipm. The first time I'd noticed the windshield wiper not working I was driving home from work on a raining night on the park way doing 65mph with a semi truck in front of me then out of no where the windshield wipers got stuck in the middle of the windshield I could not see because it was raining kind of hard so I had to drive 20mph with my emergency flashes on because I was less then a half of mile from my exit then I pulled over at the first store off the exit. The other scenario with the windows not rolling down I was on my way to the doctor my driver side window was down when I pulled up to the parking lot it wouldn't roll back up after I left the doctor I got home 5 hours later I decided to give it another try it was working find. My air bag light has been on for about 4months now and I've notice there's been recalls on my vehicle about the air bag.

- Bowling Green, KY, USA

Sep 032012

Avenger

Driving car down I-20 on a clear day. When all of a sudden the windshield blades came on and stayed on for several minuets., this happened several more times. Dealer said there was no problem, because they could not see a code. Several months later it was storming and you could vaguely see several yards in front of you. Then with out warning wiper blades cut off. If somone else would have been around I would be dead.

- Grovetown, GA, USA

Nov 282014

Avenger

Heat does not work on passenger side defrost or vents. This causes a safety issue when looking out the passenger side windshield and passenger door window. The windows fog up and it is difficult to look out the windows when turning or changing lanes.

- Stanton, KY, USA

Dec 092013

Avenger

My 2012 Dodge Avenger SXT is having wiper and ac problems. My wipers go on and off by its self this been going on for the past year I've taken the car to two dealerships and they told me there was nothing wrong with the car. I have videos of the car locked and the wipers are going off by its self. When driving in acclimate weather the wipers will stop working. The ac have began making a clicking noise while turned on or off. Not sure what's causing the noise. The noise began after taking it to the dealership to do a re-wiring for the wipers.

- Byron, GA, USA

Jun 112014

Avenger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Avenger. The contact stated that while driving during inclement weather, the windshield wipers failed to operate. The next day, the contact discovered the windshield wipers operating although the vehicle was turned off and the keys were not inside the ignition switch. The contact mentioned that in order to shut the wipers off the battery was disconnected. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the totally integrated power module was faulty. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Four Oaks, NC, USA

Nov 012013

Avenger 6-cyl

No heat on passenger side defrosters I warm car up for 10 min. Driver side clears but passenger side is still frosted over it takes about 15 miles to finally clear off.

- Sandusky, MI, USA