CarComplaints.com Notes: Consumer Reports road tests has noted deficiencies in the 2012 Avenger with regard to engine noise, acceleration, braking, handling, transmission, fuel economy, driving position and rear visibility. But at least it has a cool marketing campaign ... right?

2.6

2012 Dodge Avenger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Avenger:

2012 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Aug 232016

Avenger

While driving the car started accelerating by itself and the engine reed high. Wipers come on by themselves. Seat belt light stays on even when you have it on. Battery light comes on periodically.

- Zwolle, LA, USA

Apr 282015

Avenger

I took my car to the Dodge dealership to be diagnose because of windshield wiper not working properly. When wipers are turn on they would randomly stop out of no where then take several seconds sometimes minutes before coming back on, the diagnostic came back internal short in tipm. I've noticed in many research online there has been many recalls and problem regarding tipm from Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler. Also I've had shortage in my power window not wanting to work but will eventually start again and air bag light is on all those could be related to the bad tipm. The first time I'd noticed the windshield wiper not working I was driving home from work on a raining night on the park way doing 65mph with a semi truck in front of me then out of no where the windshield wipers got stuck in the middle of the windshield I could not see because it was raining kind of hard so I had to drive 20mph with my emergency flashes on because I was less then a half of mile from my exit then I pulled over at the first store off the exit. The other scenario with the windows not rolling down I was on my way to the doctor my driver side window was down when I pulled up to the parking lot it wouldn't roll back up after I left the doctor I got home 5 hours later I decided to give it another try it was working find. My air bag light has been on for about 4months now and I've notice there's been recalls on my vehicle about the air bag.

- Bowling Green, KY, USA

Jan 152016

Avenger

I just purchased this car 1-2-16 and already having electrical issues with keyless remote, dome lighting, radio and blue tooth not working..

- Downey, CA, USA

Dec 042015

Avenger

I was driving when my car lost power multiple times with the key in the ingition. The third time all of the lights on the dash went off and I had to coast into a parking spot. I had to jump the vehicle to get it started

- Maple Heights, OH, USA

Nov 062015

Avenger

While driving down the interstate with the cruise control on, the cruise shut off, the brake light, ABS light and traction control light came on and the car experienced a sudden lose of power and was braking itself. The sudden lose of speed and braking out of the driver's control on the interstate during rush hour created a safety hazard.

- Mayview, MO, USA

Oct 252015

Avenger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Avenger. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle lost power. The accelerator pedal was depressed but the vehicle failed to accelerate. The throttle control and electronic stability control warning lights illuminated. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who was unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 90,629.

- Swansea, SC, USA

Jun 242013

Avenger 6-cyl

In late June got a flat tire. When I went to put on the spare noticed both rear tires had worn thru the steel on the inside shoulder. Took to a local dealership and they told me must be the alignment. Car was just under the 1 year anniversary date but just over the mileage for the warranty. I had to pay for an alignment and new tires. Alignment showed three of the wheels in spec and the fourth.03 degrees out of spec which the dealer said wasn't enough out to cause that bad of wear on the tires. Contacted Chrysler but no help. Went to Oregon in November and got just North of where I was going and stopped for a break and noticed both rear tires were wearing on the inside shoulders like before. Took to dealership another alignment and set of tires that I had to pay for. Alignment was out and had to have camber kits installed to get alignment fixed. Once again no help from Chrysler yet. On my way home from Oregon went thru a snow storm, not a lot of snow mostly blowing snow across road. Couldn't go over 32 mph because the rear of the car was swaying so bad. Could hardly keep car on road. Took in to local dealership and they said they need to do another alignment at my cost. Contacted Chrysler once again no help. First set of tires 13400 miles, second set 21400 miles now on third. Waiting for 12/9/13 to get car into shop.

- Sheridan, WY, USA

Jan 302013

Avenger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Avenger. The contact stated that while driving 15 mph and changing lanes, the electronic stability control light illuminated. The vehicle failed to accelerate higher than 15 mph. Approximately 4 seconds later, the vehicle began to function normally. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 1,200. The VIN was not available.

- Fairfield, CA, USA