Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Consumer Reports road tests has noted deficiencies in the 2012 Avenger with regard to engine noise, acceleration, braking, handling, transmission, fuel economy, driving position and rear visibility. But at least it has a cool marketing campaign ... right?

2012 Dodge Avenger miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Avenger:

2012 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Feb 102016

The heater in the car now only blows out hot air on the drivers side. Which in turn only clears off half of the windshield, making the visibility of the road difficult. During the changes in the temperature outside and the humidity levels it is impossible to get a clear view of the road. This condition is happening all the time, the car can be in park idling or in motion. The passenger side of the car can only blow out cold air and does not change with the temperature dial.

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Dec 232015

Heater not working. (87,000 miles) took the car to the dealership where they gave me an estimate of $2500 to replace the entire coolant system (heater core, radiator, oil cooler, thermostat, water pump). The tech advised there was something restricting flow through the heater core. There is a 100,000 mile power train warranty on the car but they do not agree that the coolant system that cools the engine (power train) should be included. Where did the sediment/sludge come from? possibly oil contamination from the engine (power train)? this problem has been noted in numerous models and Dodge has released a statement to their techs to replace the entire coolant system because they know something they did is wrong. This is very similar to the problem GM had with dex-cool why is there not a recall for this problem the consumer should not be burdened with the failures of the manufacturer to provide a quality product. I hope this matter is taken seriously as it truly is a safety issue. If the heat does not work it is not just uncomfortable for the driver/passengers but it will also reduce visibility through the windshield since the defrost/heat does not work.

- Higginsville, MO, USA

Nov 222015

At the end of last winter I noticed my heat wasn't working right, and after a few cold days recently I have no heat coming from the passenger side. Pretty warm on the driver side. I see that this is pretty common in Dodge Avengers and would like to have the problem fixed so my family can be warm while we travel.

- Caldwell, OH, USA

Jul 222015

Shift knob is stuck in park.

- Mililani, HI, USA

Jul 032015

Driving down owen K garriott to take my dog to the vet and battery light came on and my car started slowing down and I saw jackson's on the left side of the road so I pulled in their and they hooked my car up to some kind of test that took an hour and gave me a ride to the vet.when I got back to jackson's I was informed tha 5tit was my battery and they had changed it.well went to leave and a while after I was driving battery light came on and I was going to hang out a friends and when I went to leave my friends my car was I left it parked overnight there and the next day came and jump started it and was able to get it to my house.this was the 4th of July weekend and nothing was Monday I called baker's alternator and they said to get it car would not hold a charge and I had to have it towed.they said it was unusual that a car with this low of mileage to have alternator problems but they did their checks and found it to be that both my pulleys on the alternator to be worn cost me $196.

- Enid, OK, USA

Jun 172015

Upon using air conditioner or heater. There is a slight knocking noise coming from the passenger side dash. Knocking noise even continues after car has been off for hours. Any time car lights come on knocking noise occurs.

- Santa Ana, CA, USA