2013 Dodge Avenger body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Avenger:

2013 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Jan 052017

Avenger

"takata recall"my wife got in a accident rear ending another car that stomped on breaks as she was trying to switch lanes her brakes did not clamp properly and her airbag did not deploy she was going 45mph on hwy 70 in durham, nc. She suffered injuries to her neck, shoulders, knees, and right eye. And our car received damages to the front driver side not driveable. After hearing from a mechanic that the airbag should have deploy and Dodge has a recall going on I did some research it was true. And my car did have a recall for the airbags since September of 2016 but I was never notified by Dodge or takata. I have own this car since 2013 brand new and have been driving for over 3 years, at any point in time during that me and my wife could have gotten into a really bad accident and died because the airbags didn't work. I would not have bought the car if I knew this, I was lied to by Dodge and sport durst where I purchased the car from and I want justice.

- Durham, NC, USA

Jun 062015

Avenger

While approaching a stop sign, I did hit the breaks, I felt a jolt however the car never stopped. The car did skid across a highway, and land in a ditch. There was extensive front end damage, however no air bags deployed. Bothe me and my minor child were removed from the vehicle by emergency response teams. We did both sustain injuries. The vehicle was unable to be driven and was towed.

- South Fallsburg, NY, USA

Feb 062014

Avenger 4-cyl

I had just merged onto 69 heading home from school. It was around 930pm. I start to pick up speed to blend in with traffic. There was a three car accident that occurred so we all slammed on our brakes to avoid from hitting it. Unfortunately I hit the back of a flatbed tow truck going between 45-50mph. To my surprise my air bags did not deploy. Even though I had a recall on my car a few months back for the airbags not working right, so I took it to my dealership to have my recall fixed. So when I got in this head on collision I was in shock my air bags still did not deploy.

- Greenfield, IN, USA

Nov 052013

Avenger

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Avenger. The contact stated that the hood release mechanism was located near the front driver's side foot rest and he would erroneously activate the mechanism when exiting the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 38,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Hudson, WI, USA