2013 Dodge Avenger lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Avenger:

2013 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Jun 062015

Avenger

While approaching a stop sign, I did hit the breaks, I felt a jolt however the car never stopped. The car did skid across a highway, and land in a ditch. There was extensive front end damage, however no air bags deployed. Bothe me and my minor child were removed from the vehicle by emergency response teams. We did both sustain injuries. The vehicle was unable to be driven and was towed.

- South Fallsburg, NY, USA

Jul 142014

Avenger

I recently reported my vehicle accelerating on its own up to the speed of 82 mph also thinking that this was a weird occurrence that would not happen again. I was wrong. While driving 40 mpg getting ready to enter a turn my car again started accelerating on its own, foot off the gas was not going down hill or any other reason to pick up speed. Also on this same day I started my car and my headlights came on as they should, I noticed my high beams on thinking they were left on from the last time I drove my car I turned them off. Driving down the road the high beams all of a sudden came in. I turned them off thinking it was strange. Again 2 more times on my way home the high beams automatically came on by themselves. I believe there are some major computer issues with this vehicle but again I am sure of Chrysler response ahead of time. Called Chrysler they just say well if you take it to a dealer maybe they can see if there are any codes. Prior to this my sensor had gone bad, lights not working all kinds of things and the dealer was not able to find out what was wrong because there were no codes. Took to new dealer they used common sense and not waited for only codes to come up and found the sensor was dead. This vehicle is an accident waiting to happen!

- Alexander, ME, USA

Feb 062014

Avenger 4-cyl

I had just merged onto 69 heading home from school. It was around 930pm. I start to pick up speed to blend in with traffic. There was a three car accident that occurred so we all slammed on our brakes to avoid from hitting it. Unfortunately I hit the back of a flatbed tow truck going between 45-50mph. To my surprise my air bags did not deploy. Even though I had a recall on my car a few months back for the airbags not working right, so I took it to my dealership to have my recall fixed. So when I got in this head on collision I was in shock my air bags still did not deploy.

- Greenfield, IN, USA

Jul 272012

Avenger

Lights were in auto position, drove approx. 6 miles with them on and running. Mad a stop and shut the car off, when I restarted it and started to drive away I realized my lights were no longer on. Had to put them in the regular on position to run them. Stopped the car many times, restarted it trying to get the lights to work in auto but had no luck. Got home let the car set 30 minutes and restarted the car with the lights in auto and they came on fine. What happens if this happens while driving at a speed of 60mph? safety issue!!! I am very leary of this car and its safety on many different levels!

- Alexander, ME, USA