2013 Dodge Avenger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Avenger:

2013 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 092015

Avenger

2013 Dodge Avenger. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle head rest issues. The consumer stated in the midst of driving, the driver's head rest opened up and hit him in the back of the head causing his head to go forward.

- Wesley Chapel, FL, USA

Dec 112015

Avenger

Air bag light illuminated. VIN not in recall range

- Hutto, TX, USA

Jun 092015

Avenger

6/9/15 car in motion city street refused to accelerate. Coasted to side. Dealer ship replaced tran pump& torque converter. 7/21 at stop light heard hard knock, stuck in 1st gear coasted to side. Dealership did tran overhaul. 7/29 again! on freeway complete shut down of engine and electrical and coasted off freeway ramp. Glad we did not get killed. Dealership said fixed issue. My son nor I will drive it any longer. Other issue was airbag light continuously on 2nd dealership said airbags may not work. Glad no accidents occurred.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Sep 162015

Avenger

This week, my airbag light began to blink intermittently, usually when accelerating. After a day, the light came to be on continuously. I got the vehicle to the shop on Saturday and was informed the active headrest on the driver side had an open circuit and that the entire airbag system was disabled until we can replace the currently backordered part at a cost of ~$300 plus labor. This is a part that was covered under a recall for my make, model, and year for the active headrest, but my VIN does not seem to be included. At this time, I am driving over 100 miles a day with no airbags in a 3 year old car. It is not safe and it is a part that apparently should have been included in the recall. A part that is never used in a 3 year old car should not fail and definitely not do so in such a critical system. Chrysler told me they'd add my vehicle to a list for review and let me know if they'll cover the part or not. Meanwhile, my extended warranty won't cover it because they feel as I do that Chrysler should.

- Ames, IA, USA

Jul 292015

Avenger

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Avenger. The contact stated that the brake pedal was depressed and there was a jerking motion. The failure recurred multiple times at various speeds. The contact also stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to dealer for diagnostic testing. The diagnosis and repairs were unknown. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 58,000.

- Pleasant Garden , NC, USA

Jul 012015

Airbag light stays on.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jun 062015

Avenger

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Avenger. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated and would not turn off. The vehicle was taken to a dealer; however, the vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage and VIN were unavailable.

- Benton Harbor, MI, USA

Apr 042015

Avenger

The contact owned a 2013 Dodge Avenger. The contact stated that the air bag warning lamp illuminated, which indicated a malfunction or failure. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, but was not diagnosed. While pulling out of the driveway at 5 mph, another vehicle crashed into the front passenger side of the contact's vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The driver sustained whiplash along with a head injury from striking the glass. The glass shattered and impacted the driver. The front passenger and other three passengers suffered whiplash and one of the passengers in the back seat urinated blood due to the injuries. The driver and the passengers received medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V282000 (air bags, electrical system). The failure was not investigated by the insurance company and the manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was less than 30,000.

- Modesto, CA, USA

Feb 262015

Avenger 4-cyl

Braking system did not stop car causing rear end collision. Air bags deployed and passenger air bag starting smothering and burnt hole though air bag. Car totaled at going only 30mpg.notified Dodge and was sent a letter saying nothing was found on brakes but didn't even address the air bag. 1week before had car in for service for vibration and dealer had to replace all mounts.

- Forestville, WI, USA

Jan 242015

Avenger 4-cyl

Vehicle veered into my lane not enough time to stop hit the vehicle from behind. Steering locked and driver airbag did not deploy only passenger side did. My car was a total lost.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Dec 232014

Avenger

I was driving from Arkansas to Texas and was approximately ten miles from my destination when the car pulled to the right on a narrow two lane highway hitting the approximately one foot tall concrete bride side. It was misting rain and the car kept pulling right and then started to go into a skid. I tried to steer to stop skidding and spun around into the ditch and rolled. Only the passenger side curtain air bags and the passenger seat airbag deployed. No airbags deployed on the driver side or from the dash or steering wheel. The vehicle sustained major damage to the front, sides and top. There had been prior warranty repair to the driver seat airbag by orr Dodge of searcy because the airbag system malfunction warning light had come on in the vehicle.

- Little Rock, AR, USA

Jul 292014

Avenger 4-cyl

Airbag light keep coming on while driving with warning bell. Eventually stayed on constantly. Took car to Dodge dealership, they replaced a module ai. To months later, start having same problem. Took it back they claim that they replaced the same part. Few weeks later my airbag light is jumping back on.

- Pearl, MS, USA

Oct 162013

Avenger

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Avenger. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, who replaced the wiring harness. The contact also stated that after the repairs the front passenger power window failed. The dealer replaced the master switch. In addition, the contact noticed smoke coming from the front panel. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where the HVAC control head was replaced. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 30,000.

- Vallejo, CA, USA

Feb 062014

Avenger 4-cyl

I had just merged onto 69 heading home from school. It was around 930pm. I start to pick up speed to blend in with traffic. There was a three car accident that occurred so we all slammed on our brakes to avoid from hitting it. Unfortunately I hit the back of a flatbed tow truck going between 45-50mph. To my surprise my air bags did not deploy. Even though I had a recall on my car a few months back for the airbags not working right, so I took it to my dealership to have my recall fixed. So when I got in this head on collision I was in shock my air bags still did not deploy.

- Greenfield, IN, USA

Nov 012013

Avenger 4-cyl

2013 Dodge Avenger. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle active head restraints recall notice. The consumer stated at the time of purchase, she was under the impression, she was getting a safe, reliable and quality vehicle, as advertised by Chrysler. The consumer stated over the past 12 months, her life as well as the front seat occupants were endangered due to the apparent gross negligence of Chrysler. Updated 12/11/13

- Austin, TX, USA

Jan 202013

Avenger 4-cyl

High speed front end crash. Avenger struck another vehicle from behind and veered off to left and hit cement jersey wall head on. Driver was wearing seat belt. Significant front-end damage especially to driver side. Driver sustained serious injury - C-1 fracture; bottom of skull fracture; lower vertebrae fractures; and broken nose. Air bags did not deploy.

- Burke, VA, USA

Oct 212012

Avenger

I was in a car accident on October 21 2012 front end crash the air bag didn't deploy the damage was from grill to driver side door.

- Greer, SC, USA