6.2

2013 Dodge Avenger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Avenger:

2013 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Jun 012015

Avenger

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Avenger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (air bags, seat belts); however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact stated that the driver's side seat belt failed to extend correctly when the contact attempted to utilize the seat belt. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 45,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Waterbury, CT, USA

Oct 012016

Avenger

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Avenger. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (air bags, seat belts) was received in October of 2016. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 062016

Unresolved recall.

- Gaiesville, GA, USA

Nov 022016

Avenger

I recieved a recall notice from fca telling me that my air bags and seat belts might not work in a crash and there is a recall but they don't have remedy available and they will contact me when they figure out how to fix it. I have small childeren and if I get into a car crash I hope that my seat belts and air bags would work and for Dodge to tell me not to worry even thou they might not work is unacceptable.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

May 092014

Avenger 4-cyl

We were traveling at 40 mph when I noticed my husband had not fastened his seatbelt in the passengers seat. There were no reminder buzzers on the dash nor was there a icon on the dash of the car. We contacted our service department at the dealership where we purchased the vehicle and questioned them about it, they in turn contacted Chrysler and was informed that there is none of the above mentioned in this car! how is it that this car has no warning alarms for this front seat.

- Wichita, KS, USA