2014 Dodge Avenger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Avenger:

2014 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Jan 302015

While traveling on the highway I noticed a pulling/shaking of the vehicle felt as if the car did not want to follow my control. It will also feel as if it wants to attempt to stall or switch gears while driving

- Bradford , PA, USA

Sep 122014

I had started car and put in drive. When I pushed on gas the car shut off. It had done two times earlier in the month. I took back to dealer I purchased it from and the mechanic said it was the sensor which kept vehicle running and I was lucky I wasn't going fast because I would have probably had an accident because I wouldn't be able to control it.

- Petersburg, WV, USA

Apr 012014

Avenger 6-cyl

With electronic stability control (ESC) on the 2014 Avenger R/T self steers under heavy acceleration, when lane-changing, and when turning left onto highways. When this happens the car is all over the road. Dodge provides an ESC off switch. With ESC off the car is stable and safe. The dealer is aware of this problem but says they are not allowed to permanently disable the ESC. Their advice is to press the ESC off switch each time the car is started.

- Sierra Vista, AZ, USA