2014 Dodge Avenger engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Avenger:

2014 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Sep 042016

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Avenger. While the vehicle was in park, the vehicle sputtered and stalled. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the sensor in the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 40,500.

- Pittsburg, PA, USA

Aug 122016

I was in a car accident as of March, I had front damage hit pretty hard at least the passenger air bag should have deployed but after I got my car back it started cutting off for no reason. I took it back to auto shop that fixed it when the check engine light came on due to revving up between the 3 and 5 RPM and barely moving the lightest touch it would stay stuck between those even slowing down to less 25 mph as soon as step on the gas it will shoot right back up between 3 and 5 RPM and rev.. I would have to pull over turn my car off and turn the key really hard to turn on and it would go back regular. My car randomly cuts off when stopped at lights or when coming to a stop. If I am in reverse and start to back up it stalls, jerks then cuts off. The dealership and auto shop are not finding anything "wrong" with it. Unknown of what paticular system this is I was told fuel line but I think its the engine the check engine light will come on and then go back. It is happening on and off and no one will look at it unless im paying out of pocket this started happening around 30,000 miles.

- Hope Mills, NC, USA

Oct 312014

I was driving on the beltway and the car just stalled. I was doing 70 mph at the time. The car randomly stalls/won't crank and it has less than 4000 miles on it. I just purchased the car and have been back and forth to the dealership and they will not help me. It shuts off with no warning and all the gauges get stuck. I am afraid for my life and I can't get in touch with the manufacturer. Because I have to get on the highway to go to work I am afraid it is going to happen when I don't have a way to get to an emergency lane and it is going to cause a fatality. No one will tell me where to turn and this is my only mode of transportation.

- Hyattsville, MD, USA